turner46

Evan Engram 2020 Outlook

Sterling Shepard may help.   Look at his targets over the season...

Week 1- 7

Week 2 - 8 

Week 3 - 5

Week 4 - 10

Week 5 - 2

Week 6 - 3 

The first quarter of the year he was on fire.  Maybe with Barkley out, Shepard out, and Tate not being worth a s**t that defenses started shifting more attention that way?  I honestly haven't watched the games so I don't know.  It's just a theory.  Maybe when Shepard comes back it may open some things up slightly for him? 

7 hours ago, Wyzzil said:

I'm a panthers fan and there was a rumor swirling on a panthers news ig that the were talks that Engram could get dealt to Carolina for Curtis Samuel. Not sure if it has any legs, but this place called the Trai Turner trade before it even happened. Either way, I think Engram is a very likely candidate to get moved at some point because Giants only have like 5 picks this draft and need to accumulate more bad. 

I've heard the new Giants regime are not huge Engram fans and would like to move him as well. I have no idea if it's true though. Pairing Samuel with Sterling Shepard and Golden Tate makes little sense but that's another story. Engram is badly in need of a change of scenery. He's a poor blocker and that is not going to endear him to a lot of coaches. I think it's gotten in his head some as well. He still has huge potential as a receiver if he can find the right fit and a situation where he is almost exclusively a reciever. He really is a wide reciever who got a little too big and someone made him a TE. Interestingly enough Chase Claypool's is he a WR or TE thing kind of reminded me of Engram when he was being scouted for this year's draft. Claypool was ultimately put in the right position and Engram wasn't to me.

• Like 1

Why do I always feel the need to start a Thursday night player to have part of the action? It makes me keep trying to convince myself that Engram is going to break out tonight, and that I should start him over better Sunday options 😂

23 minutes ago, Hops said:

Why do I always feel the need to start a Thursday night player to have part of the action? It makes me keep trying to convince myself that Engram is going to break out tonight, and that I should start him over better Sunday options 😂

Start him tonight - 3 catches for 21 yards.

Bench him - 8 for 95, TD.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

😂 why is it always our own personal start/sit decisions that determine our player’s performance?

• Haha 1

After the first series is usually the when the instant regret starts to creep up the back of the neck... something like sack, sack, 4 yard catch to Karden smith

At least my hopes are non-existent now because he doesn't even get the targets. My league hardly has warm bodies available so I'm on this pain train with you guys. Choo choo!

49 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

I am sick inside thinking that... will be the outcome. I sure made a mistake drafting Engram . 

1 hour ago, Hops said:

My general rule of thumb for playing Thursday games:

Starting caliber RB: Start ‘em

Everyone else: Sit ‘em

6 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I am sick inside thinking that... will be the outcome. I sure made a mistake drafting Engram . 

We couldn't predict giants offense would be this bad with Saquon and Shep being out and ... well Jason Garret though.

2 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

We couldn't predict giants offense would be this bad with Saquon and Shep being out and ... well Jason Garret though.

Really high octane... Jason Garrett loves his tight ends they say.... look at Jason written they say... the talking heads say a lot meanwhile Funyuns is crushing it. Oh fantasy football you fickle b*tch

Sick but I'm personally starting over Jonnu Smith.. If he craps this matchup it's bench time ROS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Decent game, except he dropped a pass that was right in his chest that would have led to a TD

It hit off the end of his fingertips. Should’ve been caught, but it wasn’t a perfect pass

• Like 2

Spent 20 minutes trying to remember my password just I could make a comment on this bum.

Dropped pass for an INT and another dropped pass for the loss, smh.

• Haha 4

Every week... 4.9 points in standard tonight

Honestly though, the usage was back up, he even had a red zone carry and a red zone target iirc. Ultimately hard to be that disappointed with 6/46 on 9 targets plus the 2 carries, especially considering how the year has gone so far. He won't make up his draft day value but I think you're probably starting him unless you're lucky enough to have picked up or traded for someone better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chippa said:

It hit off the end of his fingertips. Should’ve been caught, but it wasn’t a perfect pass

Wasn't perfect but his reaction to not catching it speaks volumes. Just seemed apathetic especially since that would've been the game. I don't think this dude gives an F.

• Like 1

Honestly, it's far past time to admit that this guys just sucks.  He has all the measurables you want... but just isn't good at football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can’t believe they put him back on the field... they never threw to
him over the middle the entire night.  I don’t know what happened to te post routes but they only throw it to golden Tate or sterling shepherd.   They finally gave him the big pass and tucking chokes... hope he becomes a better player on the ravens next week

4 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

He will be traded to the Pats....I have a feeling 

I hope he gets traded to anywhere, it's clearly not working out for him and NYG.

Someone please confirm if this dud will be traded, otherwise want to drop him immediately 

3 minutes ago, rotochat said:

Someone please confirm if this dud will be traded, otherwise want to drop him immediately 

I’d hold for now until deadline if u can, I think he’s def on the market

Giants loss + Engram drops has to make his chances of being traded higher

15 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Honestly, it's far past time to admit that this guys just sucks.  He has all the measurables you want... but just isn't good at football.

Unfortunately this is true. I was such a stan for so long. I decided to let it go finally this year as I was doing my researching during draft season. I would still love to see him get moved to see if that can get him going. That team/organization he plays for is in bad shape and he's had to deal with so many injuries as well. I want to see a fresh start.

Edited by Benjamin1984