turner46

Evan Engram 2020 Outlook

They just have such bad coaching... the last play 40 sec on the clock stamper around in the pocket eyeballing the 5 yard out rt for 6 secs then decide to pull back and try to throw it to the guy you’ve been locked ints I since the beginning that’s only 5 yards down the field even though you need at least 50 more yards and you just spent a 1/4 of your time.  Besides the fumble, that not how to play hurry up offense

Giants fan. I hope this bought his ticket out of town. He sucks and forever will in my eyes. That said, watching his highlights from Ole Miss i was excited. Figured he'd be a downfield threat and he'd be splitting the seam for big plays. Never happened. Maybe his next team will figure it out. Still sucks and is a bust until further notice he lost this game 

Eh, I feel like everyone is swayed by Buck and Aikman calling that a “perfect” pass over and over. It was clearly off the fingertips of his outstretched arms. It was catchable but it would’ve been a notably good play if he had made it. The earlier INT was a rushed throw by a panicked Daniel Jones. It wasn’t a great game by any means, but the usage alone might make me hold on for one more week, unfortunately. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, varock said:

Eh, I feel like everyone is swayed by Buck and Aikman calling that a “perfect” pass over and over. It was clearly off the fingertips of his outstretched arms. It was catchable but it would’ve been a notably good play if he had made it. The earlier INT was a rushed throw by a panicked Daniel Jones. It wasn’t a great game by any means, but the usage alone might make me hold on for one more week, unfortunately. 

Agreed. Watching it live I thought it was overthrown. Was it catchable? Yes. Was it a perfect throw? Not at all. Didn’t start anyone in this game so this was just a casual observation. I was surprised when Aikman and Buck went on and on about how bad of a drop it was. Pretty sure he would have had to leave his feet to secure it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

New England would be a great landing spot for him, but what other teams do y'all think would be good fits? 

Really anywhere would be ok to get him a new start. Whoever it is needs to use him exclusively as a reciever. He can't block anything, he's not really a tight end. I don't know who made him one but he's not. He's a wideout. I'll admit I'm losing hope though. It just never clicks for some guys and that's just what it is here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

New England would be a great landing spot for him, but what other teams do y'all think would be good fits? 

Pats, Seahawks, Bills, Texans, Ravens, Colts....in that order

15 minutes ago, newyork2la said:

Agreed. Watching it live I thought it was overthrown. Was it catchable? Yes. Was it a perfect throw? Not at all. Didn’t start anyone in this game so this was just a casual observation. I was surprised when Aikman and Buck went on and on about how bad of a drop it was. Pretty sure he would have had to leave his feet to secure it. 

It was a bad drop.

make the play! From a completely neutral observer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I don't think the Seahawks would be a good fit for him at all.  He isn't going to take targets from Metcalf and Lockett. 

Everyone else on that list he would jump in and I think see heavy targets up front so I agree, all good places for him to go.   I don't see the Giants trading him though. 

7 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I'm kind of unsure if NE is really a great fit for Engram. You have Ben Coates in the 1990s and then well over a decade later Gronk and the couple years of the one who shall not be named. Other then that they haven't really ever developed any pass catching TEs. Ben Watson was drafted by them but his best days were after he left NE. They have had countless great blocking TEs. There is really no way he is capable of doing what they require out of the position, he'd have to play WR. That's what I believe him to be anyway though.

2 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

MAKE A PLAY. thank you.

Yes, it was overthrown just a little bit... but it was also exactly the kind of play he never makes. Between that and the ball that bounced off his hands and was intercepted it was pretty much the classic Evan Engram game. It sucks, but it's just the way it seems to go for him lol.

I remember drafting this guy his rookie year and all the plays he made...sadly he hasn’t really progressed since then.

like the other commenters here - they’re not using him correctly. His first big completion on the corner route is exactly what they should be using him on. Not these 5 yards hitches and zig routes.

him getting traded to NE (or any TE needy situation) would be a big boost. Still think he’s talented.

only positives were the 9 targets.

Just has not progressed from year 1 to whatever year this is for him now. 

Still having a tough time dropping a TE that’s getting 25-30% target share. 

1 hour ago, Tenner said:

Just has not progressed from year 1 to whatever year this is for him now. 

Still having a tough time dropping a TE that’s getting 25-30% target share. 

He's definitely not a drop, just really frustrating to own obviously given what his ceiling should be. 

8 hours ago, alexander1231 said:

I remember drafting this guy his rookie year and all the plays he made...sadly he hasn’t really progressed since then.

like the other commenters here - they’re not using him correctly. His first big completion on the corner route is exactly what they should be using him on. Not these 5 yards hitches and zig routes.

him getting traded to NE (or any TE needy situation) would be a big boost. Still think he’s talented.

only positives were the 9 targets.

He had Eli Manning, Daniel Jones just sucks

• Like 2

Very similar career trajectory To the other TE in NY- Herndon. Talented, athletic, very promising rookie year but has gone downhill since.  They both could use a change of scenery 

The G-men have struck out hard with their 1st rounders for the past few years.

Baker, Apple, Flowers, and this turd have really sunk this organization. Their OT pick from this year also is struggling really bad.

Edited by kretan182

6 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

That drop was absolutely disgusting last night, even cost them the game. He's actually healthy for once but he just sucks.

The pass seemed a bit overthrown - catchable and Engram should have timed it better but I think Daniel Jones was more cautious than trying to throw a perfect pass. 

Edited by nine9s

Giants should just trade this guy already. Kaden Smith is pretty good in my humble opinion behind him. He has 1 year left on his contract $6 million for 2021. Cut bait already.

Even if he gets traded, it's unlikely he's going to turn into a stud/the former Engram.

Having to learn a new system and play with a new QB will take time. 

Official Bust.