turner46

Evan Engram 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

Even if he gets traded, it's unlikely he's going to turn into a stud/the former Engram.

Having to learn a new system and play with a new QB will take time. 

Official Bust.

Not so sure about that. Giants are completely clueless on how to use this guy. Doesn't help having a swiss cheese OL as well.

1 freaking pass attempt over 20 yds to Engram this year. 1! We are in week 8. 

Edited by fantasymad
  • Like 3

Thanks to the TE wasteland of 2020 I'm looking at this guy, but Daniel Jones just seems unspeakably bad looking at box scores. I don't watch Giants games thankfully. But if it's a real struggle for the QB to break 200 yards that doesn't bode well for the TE. Even though he seems to get healthy targets.

11 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Thanks to the TE wasteland of 2020 I'm looking at this guy, but Daniel Jones just seems unspeakably bad looking at box scores. I don't watch Giants games thankfully. But if it's a real struggle for the QB to break 200 yards that doesn't bode well for the TE. Even though he seems to get healthy targets.

🙋🏻‍♂️I watch Giants games unfortunately and Engram is equally as bad if not worse, people get so obsessed with the measurables and become in denial, that they don’t realize this guy sucks. That being said TE is merry-go-round of garbage for most of us weekly and he’s capable of a decent output by default, Giants seem committed to him and getting him touches.

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, owenmills said:

He won't do anything special for you, but the TE pool is like a leper colony out there, so you can do a lot worse in ppr since he gets a good amount of the target share. Stupid Garrett also loves to spam him for painfully obvious jet sweeps and end arounds on short yardage situations, so you can sometimes hope to get lucky and pray he finds some space. 

52 minutes ago, owenmills said:

He’s facing arguably the top defense in the league so probably not the best week to stream him

• Like 1

The Giants have given Engram one target of over 20 yards this season. One! It is week 8. Criminal underuse of his talent in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

The Giants have given Engram one target of over 20 yards this season. One! It is week 8. Criminal underuse of his talent in my opinion. 

Giants are a dumpster fire on offense what do you expect. Engram is no spring chicken either this is his fourth season, he’s either injured or dropping passes he’s a very flawed TE, whose really not even a TE. In regards to his talent he has nice measurables so do a lot of guys..which has not translated to on field production. Hands of stone, can’t block, can run a 4.3 in a straight line 👏🏻

Edited by CroNY

6 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

George Kittle: 2

Darren Waller: 2

Zach Ertz: 2

TJ Hockenson: 1

Jonnu Smith: 0

Are these guys also criminally underused?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Engram has been the target on four of Daniel Jones' seven interceptions and has four drops. Pro Football Focus has Engram ranked 116th of 117 wide receivers or tight ends with at least 20 targets. Only Jets tight end Chris Herndon has been worse. 

You get what you earn.. and he’s not entitled to anything in regards to specific targets. Should be happy he’s still being targeted and the coaching staff has still talked him up. Good dude with a strong work ethic but can’t put it together, honestly they should trade him he could use a change of scenery. 

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Martinlongbow said:

He got 9 targets last week. Name me a TE with higher targets in the waiver wire. Opportunity is everything in fantasy football

Sounds nice in theory, but my league doesn’t give points for targets. It IS PPR, however. And with few catches and no TDs, he’s only the 16th TE. In other words, he’s not startable. 

Not to mention that line hasn’t been practicing and Daniel jones will be running for his life against Tampa 

16 hours ago, CroNY said:

🙋🏻‍♂️I watch Giants games unfortunately and Engram is equally as bad if not worse, people get so obsessed with the measurables and become in denial, that they don’t realize this guy sucks. That being said TE is merry-go-round of garbage for most of us weekly and he’s capable of a decent output by default, Giants seem committed to him and getting him touches.

I hate to agree with you but damn owning this guy is rough. I cannot understand why he hasn’t done better with his production. This wasteland of TEs I am stuck keeping him and praying maybe things will turn. By the 4th week (22 pts) I have had enough but still trotted him out every week since hoping and praying. lol It hurts real bad. 

I keep wanting to drop him only to go look at the TE options Left to pick up and........the pickings is slimmmm

2 hours ago, jharv2k1 said:

I keep wanting to drop him only to go look at the TE options Left to pick up and........the pickings is slimmmm

Dropped for goeddert

3 hours ago, kingpin_co said:

Good buy low in dynasty?

No, run far away and save yourself the aggravation.

• Like 1

This guy is the third most targeted TE in fantasy in 2020. Ultimately he's still worth too much for a drop. I think once he gets a catching TD the floodgates will open for him as it seems the Giants offence is starting to click more and more. 

• Like 1

10 targets in two consecutive games now... yes the floor will always be low in this offense, but like @TheBoondockssaid anyone with his target volume is a hold unless you have Kelce or something. I'm not thrilled about him, but it's not like you're going to get much in a trade either.

31 minutes ago, ilikepieman said:

10 targets in two consecutive games now... yes the floor will always be low in this offense, but like @TheBoondockssaid anyone with his target volume is a hold unless you have Kelce or something. I'm not thrilled about him, but it's not like you're going to get much in a trade either.

I dropped and feel amazing about it.  I hate that team, qb, coach, oc, colors.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

I dropped and feel amazing about it.  I hate that team, qb, coach, oc, colors.

Well, who else did you have? I’ve already had a TE from every NFC east team just in one league—Schultz, Thomas, Engram, and just traded for Goedert. Lots of people are having trouble at the position this year and he is getting consistent targets. Again I’m not saying he’s an elite fantasy player or anything like that, but most of the people in this thread don’t have any great options.

Edit: I’m talking about Engram in relation to guys like Ebron, Gesicki, Thomas, Schultz, Fells, etc.—the kinds of players who might be available in some leagues and you might have been thinking of pivoting to. It’s different if you have a solid starting TE and Engram is just wasting space on your bench

Edited by ilikepieman

Engram is as good of a dart throw as anyone outside of the top 4 or 5. He has actually been making the tough catches these past two games. Hopefully he keeps that momentum. The presence of Shepard is a boon to his value. 

• Like 1