Sign in to follow this  
tywalson

Jesse Winker 2020 Outlook

If the talent was not there I would have moved on.  Holding.  

yay! Back to the old Wink

-8% in Yahoo leagues.  Were people expecting him to have 3 hits and 2 Home Runs in every single game?

😉😜😘😉😜😘😉😜😘😉😜😘😉😜😘😉😜

Winker 😉

What is the long-term outlook on this guy? He's no where on future keeper/dynasty lists. 

13 minutes ago, cad300 said:

What is the long-term outlook on this guy? He's no where on future keeper/dynasty lists. 

I have him in my dynasty and viewing him as a Top 150 guy, if not higher. Which is much higher than rankings have him right now. He’s second in MLB in OPS right now behind Soto and barring injury I think he’s going to be a big asset moving forward. Hitting 3rd in that lineup and at that park will really help him too.

2 hours ago, cad300 said:

He's at least a top 30 OF right now, probably top 20

Winker is legit.  He's a .300/.400/.500 hitter with a great eye.  The power is something new and makes him relevant beyond OBP, points, and deeper leagues.  I don't think he's a 40 HR guy, though, 20-30 HRs seem reasonable going forward.  Couple that with a great AVG and OBP and good counting stats and he puts up a really good floor.  SBs is all that's lacking and they probably aren't going to come.  As I said before:

On 2/5/2019 at 4:27 PM, En Votto Veritas said:

winker.jpg

Got to love an everyday starter from the waiver wire.

I see him being a tenth round steal next year.

So what do we think about ROS?  He's still hitting the ball hard (50% hard hit), but he's just not getting fly balls (under 30%). And the Ks aren't pretty, either. 

Just now, Josean Pelota said:

So what do we think about ROS?  He's still hitting the ball hard (50% hard hit), but he's just not getting fly balls (under 30%). And the Ks aren't pretty, either. 

Not too concerned.  He is still walking which I take as a good sign.  Ks are ok with me as long as he hits for power which I believe will come again.

I doubt they move him out of the 3 hole unless he really starts struggling.  Ever since he moved there Suarez has taken off.

Have both him and Castellanos which has been a bit frustrating lately. Still holding, though. It’s interesting he and Cast have about the same number of hits (35) but Cast stuffs the stat sheet more...Same hits, rbi and hr as Soto on the season but with worse avg  

In the last two weeks and esp. the last month Winkers stats are better than Cast. 

Edited by luckBbrady

On 9/9/2020 at 12:14 PM, brockpapersizer said:

I do miss white hot Winker

Question is - with a near 50% hard hit rate, but under 30% fly ball rate, does he have another white hot Winker streak left in him before season's end?

9 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

Question is - with a near 50% hard hit rate, but under 30% fly ball rate, does he have another white hot Winker streak left in him before season's end?

Seems foolish to predict what a hitter will do over like 2 weeks. He's a good hitter. Could go any which way.