Sign in to follow this  
ASHLANDARROWS1992

BAEZ for MONDESI & HEANEY

team in sig.....6X6 roto redraft (ops and k/9)...needing some speed since dead last in steals and i could use another solid starting pitcher.....

i know mondesi is a 1 trick pony, but would you make the following move?

i give...BAEZ

i get....MONDESI and ANDREW HEANEY

for those who cant see sig...my roster below

my offense and especially infield is very solid, just need some speed

roto - 6x6 (ops and k/9)     12 team - 29 man rosters... (4 outfielders and 2 utility spots)

c - isiah kiner-falefa

1b - freeman

2b - Brandon Lowe

ss - javy baez

3b - bregman

ci - justin turner

mi - Carlos Correa 

of - jorge soler, robles, Merrifield, Dylan Moore 

ut -  cj cron, matt kemp

bench -  tommy la Stella, Anthony Santander,  Luis arraez 

starters - bieber, clevenger, charlie morton (IL), kyle hendricks, german marquez, Dustin May, (stream), (stream)

bullpen - arodis chapman (IL), hector neris, ryan pressly,  trevor rosenthal, Cole sulser, Felix Pena, tanner rainey

I don't like it. I own Mondesi so I'm bullish on him, but he's a long ways from Baez to me and Heaney doesn't come close to filling that gap. You can find arms on the wire that are as good as Heaney.

I would rather look for a guy like Austin Slater to try to get cheap steals and keep Baez for his power. Then stream arms until you find one as good as Heaney that can stick. And there are definitely guys with that "upside" on pretty much every wire. Heaney is above average at best, he's not some ace or top 25 arm.

Just now, bradwatson said:

I don't like it. I own Mondesi so I'm bullish on him, but he's a long ways from Baez to me and Heaney doesn't come close to filling that gap. You can find arms on the wire that are as good as Heaney.

I would rather look for a guy like Austin Slater to try to get cheap steals and keep Baez for his power. Then stream arms until you find one as good as Heaney that can stick. And there are definitely guys with that "upside" on pretty much every wire. Heaney is above average at best, he's not some ace or top 25 arm.

thanks brad...and slater is owned...the wire in this deep league is very thing to say the least...lol

So who on the wire can run then? If you are going for a one trick pony for speed then speed should be the only real consideration here.

If you want to trade Baez for Mondo in some way then try to get a better arm than Heaney with him. Baez is a stud, he commands a large return. Mondo and Heaney ain't it for me. And like I said I own Mondo myself and have since 2018 when he won me a title so I'm a fan.

It's just OK, Modesi will kill you in OPS most  likely. I like Heaney. Don't hate the trade as much as Brad, but probably agree not to do it.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

So who on the wire can run then? If you are going for a one trick pony for speed then speed should be the only real consideration here.

If you want to trade Baez for Mondo in some way then try to get a better arm than Heaney with him. Baez is a stud, he commands a large return. Mondo and Heaney ain't it for me. And like I said I own Mondo myself and have since 2018 when he won me a title so I'm a fan.

full time players/or close to it guys on the wire with steals....

lopes, kiermaier, enciarte, grossman

just not sure if any of those guys would crack my starting lineup

then these guys who are not full time players.....margot, mallex smith, deshields, dyson, dee gordon

Edited by ASHLANDARROWS1992

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Yeah that's pretty bleak. Hmmmmm. Would just try to get more back with Mondesi than Heaney.

1 minute ago, bradwatson said:

Yeah that's pretty bleak. Hmmmmm. Would just try to get more back with Mondesi than Heaney.

also edited it with some part time players who will steal bases

This feels a lot like Baez for Mondesi straight up. I just don't think inconsistent pitchers like Heaney hold any real trade value in this shortened season. He's been a free agent in my competitive 10 team league for like a week and no one's touched him. So given that, you're probably overpaying a bit, but if you need steals you might be able to justify it. Especially given the lack of FA options...

17 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

then these guys who are not full time players.....margot, mallex smith, deshields, dyson, dee gordon

In that case I think I'd just grab Mallex and start him when he starts if it's a daily format.

3 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

This feels a lot like Baez for Mondesi straight up. I just don't think inconsistent pitchers like Heaney hold any real trade value in this shortened season. He's been a free agent in my competitive 10 team league for like a week and no one's touched him. So given that, you're probably overpaying a bit, but if you need steals you might be able to justify it. Especially given the lack of FA options...

i am currently dead last in steals, but 2nd overall in the league...so those points in roto may end up being big....and yes, i agree it is an overpay...i see heaney as a 55-60 overall starting pitcher, just wanted other opinions on him

2 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

In that case I think I'd just grab Mallex and start him when he starts if it's a daily format.

yes, it is a daily league

11 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

i am currently dead last in steals, but 2nd overall in the league...so those points in roto may end up being big....and yes, i agree it is an overpay...i see heaney as a 55-60 overall starting pitcher, just wanted other opinions on him

If it was a full season I'd say he has the potential to be a 4th or 5th SP in a 10 team league. In a shortened season, I'm not sure if the good will out weigh the bad. 

Sit tight with windy city counter offer, & move a mt for only BBQ capital of the world. 

Posted (edited)

I wouldn’t call Heaney a solid starter and Mondesi isn’t worth it. Just get Mallex and start him when he starts like others said.

Edited by Thenewwildone8