WEIL3R

Standard Scoring Pick 7 - Who to take given constraints? WHIR

12 Team Keeper League. Standard Scoring with Return Yards (1 point per 20) and 6 point passing TD's.  

My keepers: Patrick Mahomes (taking my round 4 slot), James Conner (taking my round 6 pick), and Mecole Hardman (taking my round 13 pick)

Normally I would just take whoever was left out of CMC, Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D. Henry, D. Cook, and M. Thomas.  However, if I don't take an RB in round 1, I can tell the best available RB in round 2 at pick 18 will be from the Gurley/Carson/Fournette/Gordon/Bell group (based on who is being kept already).  Alternatively, one of the following will be available for me at pick 18 (Hopkins, J. Jones, Kelce).  With this in mind, I was strongly leaning towards taking Mixon, CEH, or Drake at pick 7 (M. Sanders is being kept) and paring him with Hopkins/J. Jones/Kelce.  I think that duo would be better than M. Thomas and Carson/Fournette/Gurley/Bell.

Thoughts? M Thomas, Mixon, CEH, or Drake at pick 7 given these variables?

I’d grab CEH. Why not go for the potential home run. 

If not CEH I’d go Another Rb tho. 

• Like 1

Hope that somehow Henry or Cook slips thru, if not then I'd lean Drake, but def can consider stacking up CEH with Mahomes too--I agree with @bhawks489 it is def the home-run/upside play, though Drake has a pretty nice ceiling too imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

I’d grab CEH. Why not go for the potential home run. 

If not CEH I’d go Another Rb tho. 

Thanks for the feedback.  I am definitely leaning RB.  I got burned when I stacked Mahomes with Tyreek last year.  While it's fund to stack, sometimes it's better to diversify (especially if your team is already strong overall).  If something happens to Mahomes, I don't see CEH being nearly as effective.  

CEH - Nervous about how they will actually deploy him to start the season.  While he is built like Ray Rice and Maurice Jones Drew, he isn't as fast.  This concerns me a little, but I know he has great hands, vision, and short-area-quickness...and is in the best situation possible. He is a bit of an unknown. You just never know how large of a role a rookie RB is going to have (outside of Zeke's rookie year, which was pretty clear).

Drake - I really like him and think that's who my heart is telling me to draft.  He was a beast after landing in Arizona.  Despite some coach speak implying some elements of an RBBC, I don't see any reason Drake doesn't continue to dominate touches.

Mixon - strong finish to season and offensive line should be improved.  He also makes a compelling case.  I think Burrow will be an upgrade at QB, but maybe not in the first couple games.

I don' t think I can take M. Thomas.

Leaning Drake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Hope that somehow Henry or Cook slips thru, if not then I'd lean Drake, but def can consider stacking up CEH with Mahomes too--I agree with @bhawks489 it is def the home-run/upside play, though Drake has a pretty nice ceiling too imo.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for, but I don't think Michael Thomas is a viable option, all things considered.

I think Drake is where I'm leaning (barring a top 6 RB slipping).

CEH go after him & block others from doing so. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WEIL3R said:

With this in mind, I was strongly leaning towards taking Mixon, CEH, or Drake at pick 7 (M. Sanders is being kept) and paring him with Hopkins/J. Jones/Kelce.  I think that duo would be better than M. Thomas and Carson/Fournette/Gurley/Bell.

+1

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WEIL3R said:

12 Team Keeper League. Standard Scoring with Return Yards (1 point per 20) and 6 point passing TD's.  

My keepers: Patrick Mahomes (taking my round 4 slot), James Conner (taking my round 6 pick), and Mecole Hardman (taking my round 13 pick)

Normally I would just take whoever was left out of CMC, Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, D. Henry, D. Cook, and M. Thomas.  However, if I don't take an RB in round 1, I can tell the best available RB in round 2 at pick 18 will be from the Gurley/Carson/Fournette/Gordon/Bell group (based on who is being kept already).  Alternatively, one of the following will be available for me at pick 18 (Hopkins, J. Jones, Kelce).  With this in mind, I was strongly leaning towards taking Mixon, CEH, or Drake at pick 7 (M. Sanders is being kept) and paring him with Hopkins/J. Jones/Kelce.  I think that duo would be better than M. Thomas and Carson/Fournette/Gurley/Bell.

Thoughts? M Thomas, Mixon, CEH, or Drake at pick 7 given these variables?

I'd be willing to bet that someone will take Thomas, allowing Henry or Cook to drop down to you...maybe even Kamara. But if not, I'd still go with a RB over MT and hope to pair him up with a Hopkins/Jones/Kelce if they drop. 

As for the three RBs you mentioned...my heart leans CEH...my head says Mixon is going to have a monster year...my gut says Drake will be overdrafted with Edmonds getting a nice share of touches. Gun to head...I'm taking CEH because of the offense he's stepping into. I love Mixon, but his offensive situation just isn't as rosy. I like Drake and am keeping him in one of my leagues, but I think Edmonds is going to be a source of frustration for Drake owners. 

Thoughts on mine? If you check it out, read down the thread because I updated the question.