AGE 24
BATS R
DOB 08/03/1996
THROWS R
HT 6' 5"
DRAFTED 2018, 1st (3) - PHI
WT 218
ETA 2020

Scouting Grades/Report (20-80 grading scale)
HIT 60
POWER 55
RUN 35
ARM 50
FIELD 45
OVERALL 55

Between an excellent Cape Cod League showing and a strong junior season at Wichita State, Bohm entered the Draft with the reputation as the kind of advanced college hitter who could move quickly. That sentiment is why the Phillies took him No. 3 overall in the 2018 Draft and after having an injury-shortened pro debut that summer, lived up to expectations by hitting his way to Double-A and then continuing to rake in the Arizona Fall League.

Bohm's combination of approach at the plate, bat speed and strength give him the potential to be a true impact bat in the middle of a lineup. He can handle pitches in all parts of the strike zone, consistently barreling up the baseball and driving it to all fields. He stays within himself and doesn't get pull happy, showing the ability to hit the ball over the fence the other way. He makes quick adjustments at the plate and studies pitchers well while working counts, drawing walks and seldomly striking out, especially given his power potential. While some feel Bohm is destined to play first base in the future, the Phillies are very pleased with the progress he made at the hot corner in terms of his footwork, positioning and angles to the ball during his first full season, and he has more than enough arm for the spot.

Bohm has seen time at first, including during his AFL stint, but the Phillies see that as just providing some flexibility and providing options should there be an opening at either corner when his bat is deemed big league ready. With a very strong work ethic on both sides of the ball, it won't be long until he is and his bat is going to play regardless of where he lands defensively.

Source: https://www.mlb.com/prospects/top100/alec-bohm-664761

• Like 1

Looks like a points league stud to me. A young Anthony Rendon.

Just now, jbj said:

Looks like a points league stud to me. A young Anthony Rendon.

thats setting the bar pretty high.....

Lets start with a JD Davis type profile and move it up as we go. 

3 minutes ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

thats setting the bar pretty high.....

Lets start with a JD Davis type profile and move it up as we go. 

I'm not saying he is there yet, but his skillset is nearly identical. 

11 minutes ago, Whizzinator said:

Gotta figure 3B is just sitting there for him to take, right?

If he hits, he'll steal time from Segura and Kingery, but if none of the three distinguishes themselves, it might be a frustrating time share for standard mixed leaguers.

EDIT: Actually, if Hoskins stays mired in his slump, I could see Bohm capturing days off from him as well.  Maybe this is the team saying it's put up or shut up time for Rhys, who they don't have the same level of resources resources committed to as they do for Segura and Kingery.

• Like 1

I personally think Bohm has even bigger playing time concerns (this season) than Carlson. Unless the Phillies are planning to put someone on the IL that we're not aware of yet. I'd personally rather have Carlson this season. 

19 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I personally think Bohm has even bigger playing time concerns (this season) than Carlson. Unless the Phillies are planning to put someone on the IL that we're not aware of yet. I'd personally rather have Carlson this season. 

Segura Kingery and Hoskins have all been terrible. If he hits he’ll play. They didn’t call up their top prospect to sit 

• Like 1

Hoskins likely isn't getting benched.  He's only 27 and is walking more (24.6% this year vs 15.5% career) and striking out less (17.5% vs 23.2%).  EV is right on pace with career lines (90.1) and he's hitting the ball hard 50% of the time.  I mean the dude is hitting second in the lineup and has more walks (14) than hits (6), his OBP is .404.  Things just aren't connecting after 13 games; just a slump.  Actually looks like a great buy low IMO.

Look for Bohm to share 3B with Segura while Segura moves over to 2B to relieve Kingery.  Platoon likely incoming with these three.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

lets gooo!!

Mountaineers!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Legitimate chance to play 3B, 1B and DH. Could have nice position eligibility here in about 15-20 games. (granted the season would be close to over)

But he's got last year's Yordan Alvarez kind of upside here.

Even in shallow leagues, he needs to be picked up.

Could easily pop for .300 BA and 8-12 HRs over the remainder of the season.

Kingery has proven he's not the answer...and is looking more and more like a deal gone bad for the Phillies. Franco is gone. and Segura feels like he won't be in a Phillies uniform come 2021 or 2022...

The future is now.

Edited by CORTEz

17 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Legitimate chance to play 3B, 1B and DH. Could have nice position eligibility here in about 15-20 games. (granted the season would be close to over)

But he's got last year's Yordan Alvarez kind of upside here.

Even in shallow leagues, he needs to be picked up.

Could easily pop for .300 BA and 8-12 HRs over the remainder of the season.

Kingery has proven he's not the answer...and is looking more and more like a deal gone bad for the Phillies. Franco is gone. and Segura feels like he won't be in a Phillies uniform come 2021 or 2022...

The future is now.

hope i am wrong, BUT you may want to slow your roll a bit on that .300 with 8-12 bombs outlook

3 hours ago, ty5592 said:

Segura Kingery and Hoskins have all been terrible. If he hits he’ll play. They didn’t call up their top prospect to sit 

The idea that they're going to bench any of those players outright is a complete pipe dream. 

3 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

The idea that they're going to bench any of those players outright is a complete pipe dream. 

I will smoke that...IMO Bohm is the starting third baseman from this point if he hits 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

If he hits, he'll steal time from Segura and Kingery, but if none of the three distinguishes themselves, it might be a frustrating time share for standard mixed leaguers.

EDIT: Actually, if Hoskins stays mired in his slump, I could see Bohm capturing days off from him as well.  Maybe this is the team saying it's put up or shut up time for Rhys, who they don't have the same level of resources resources committed to as they do for Segura and Kingery.

Maybe, I suspect they know that neither Segura or Kingery is in the same league as Hoskins or Bohm in terms of potential and they bite the bullet short-teram and see if Bohm hits.

4 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

The idea that they called up their top prospect who they spent a first round pick on just to be a platoon player is ridiculous. He hits he starts. It’s that simple. 

22 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

The idea that they called up their top prospect who they spent a first round pick on just to be a platoon player is ridiculous. He hits he starts. It’s that simple. 

I have 2019 Tyler O'Neil on the line...and he would like a word.

38 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I have 2019 Tyler O'Neil on the line...and he would like a word.

lol lol 😝 are you referencing a third round draft pick from 2013  to the third overall pick from 2018? 

Alec Bohm must have peed in your Cheerios 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Love this kids discipline and contactability. Could be a points league difference maker right away, [...]

Edited by tonycpsu