DarinB300

Pick at #10 or swap slots?? whir

Have #10 pick (snake draft), in a 10 team, re-draft. QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex(w,r,t), Def, K.

Following may be available: Nuk, Julio, Mixon, Jacobs, CEH, Tyreek, Chubb. 

Go RB/RB or RB/WR? Could go WR/WR, since we play 3 WR, but think I would be weak at RB, at Rds 3 & 4. 

-Have also been offered a pre-draft trade where the #7 pick said he would trade spots, straight up. 

Thoughts on either?

I think i would take the 7. See what RBs make it there and then follow it up with another RB

• Like 1

I think you're good either way if you can get Chubb at 10.

You could get chubb/mixon...chubb/drake...chubb/jacobs...

At 7, maybe you Derrick henry...or Cook...but then you lose out on that next tier 3 of rb's....mixon, jacobs, drake...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

-Have also been offered a pre-draft trade where the #7 pick said he would trade spots, straight up. 

Yes, right away.

Unless I missed it you didn't mention your format (ie std vs ppr)?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Yes, right away.

Unless I missed it you didn't mention your format (ie std vs ppr)?

It is ppr. 

41 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

It is ppr. 

That gives you more options as top WRs will be similar in points to top RBs (or at least closer). I'd still want to have at least one RB in the first 2 rounds though.

• Thanks 1

On 8/13/2020 at 12:26 PM, DarinB300 said:

Have #10 pick (snake draft), in a 10 team, re-draft. QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex(w,r,t), Def, K.

Following may be available: Nuk, Julio, Mixon, Jacobs, CEH, Tyreek, Chubb. 

Go RB/RB or RB/WR? Could go WR/WR, since we play 3 WR, but think I would be weak at RB, at Rds 3 & 4. 

Thoughts on either?

RB-RB is the move this year. There are too many incredibly solid WRs available in the 3rd and 4th rounds to justify not taking that route. You can grab guys like ARob, Thielen, Cooper, AJ Brown, Ridley, Beckham, JuJu, Robert Woods, Kupp, or Chark with those 3rd and 4th picks. Whereas you'll be settling for guys like Carson, Bell, DJ, Gordon, Conner, Gurley at RB if you choose to wait.

• Like 1

I love picking near the turn, I say keep it and go RB/RB as mentioned above, with the best available RBs.  I'd avoid CEH and I'd go Jacobs/Mixon/Chubb whoever is available.  Help with mine?

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 12:42 PM, CamNewton said:

RB-RB is the move this year. There are too many incredibly solid WRs available in the 3rd and 4th rounds to justify not taking that route. You can grab guys like ARob, Thielen, Cooper, AJ Brown, Ridley, Beckham, JuJu, Robert Woods, Kupp, or Chark with those 3rd and 4th picks. Whereas you'll be settling for guys like Carson, Bell, DJ, Gordon, Conner, Gurley at RB if you choose to wait.

I am high on Chark this year, so no issues having him & 1 of the others you mentioned as my top 2 WR. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 2:23 PM, croikee said:

I love picking near the turn, I say keep it and go RB/RB as mentioned above, with the best available RBs.  I'd avoid CEH and I'd go Jacobs/Mixon/Chubb whoever is available.  Help with mine?

I lean Mixon/Chubb, but Hunt being there does worry me some. Could always look to draft Hunt later to have a solid cuff. Not sold on CEH this year or just too high to take him at picks #10 & #11? 

Posted (edited)

To be honest, I'd take the 7 spot and get your favorite RB after the first 5 are gone...I'm big on CEH and would love to make sure I got him there. You are then getting the 14th pick, which you are almost guaranteed to still have another RB from that tier or a top level WR to choose from. One of Mixon, Henry, Sanders, Drake, Jacobs, Julio is 100% certain to be there at 14 and I'd love to take any of those guys to pair with the guy you chose at 7. In my opinion, there's 14 guys I like before a tier break, so at 14th pick I could still get a guy on that list.

If you're wondering on who I have on that top 14 list (full PPR), it goes: CMC, Saquon, Zeke, Cook, Kamara, Thomas, CEH, Adams, Mixon, Sanders, Drake, Julio, Henry, Jacobs. Hopkins and Ekeler are honorable mention after that.

Edited by GoPackGo23
  • Thanks 1