NInsko

Russell Wilson 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

I searched and could not find one. 

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-quarterback-russell-wilson-i-m-just-hitting-the-beginning-of-my-prime

Seahawks QB Russell Wilson said the offense should be more aggressive this season and "treat every quarter like the fourth quarter."

Wilson has officially given his blessing to the Let Russ Cook sentiment among Seattle fans and football fans who enjoy big plays and touchdowns. There's no indication hyper-conservative Seahawks OC Brian Schottenheimer will open up his offense and stop limiting Mr. Unlimited. The dual threat Wilson would be a fantasy football fever dream in a more pass-heavy scheme. We can dream. 

Reading these certainly puts some cole into the hype train for me..

Edited by NInsko

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He's been a top 5 QB for a while. 

I think the train departed the station years ago. 

No doubt there friend. Just wanted to start a discussion on RW. Wasn't planning on drafting him but these articles and other reasons have me 2nd guessing myself.. it's pretty high draft capital where he's going and thought maybe others are trying to decide if they should take the plunge or not. 

I saw Mahomes Jackson Murray Dak and Watson threads. I Don't see the harm in starting one for  "Four 4th quarter RUSS!!!"

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NInsko said:

I Don't see the harm in starting one for  "Four 4th quarter RUSS!!!"

Nobody says that, of course Wilson needs a thread, D&D just meant that he is a staple, not some new kid who needs to be hyped. One thing though...

1 hour ago, NInsko said:

these articles and other reasons have me 2nd guessing myself

Don't do that. Most articles are created to generate clicks, so don't take them to seriously. They are often one step above "OMG LOL actress Suchandsuch has a new dress", and sometimes not even that.

• Thanks 1

Russell Wilson was generally good value last season in drafts but not this year. Don’t see myself having too many shares of him this year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NInsko said:

I searched and could not find one. 

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-quarterback-russell-wilson-i-m-just-hitting-the-beginning-of-my-prime

Seahawks QB Russell Wilson said the offense should be more aggressive this season and "treat every quarter like the fourth quarter."

Wilson has officially given his blessing to the Let Russ Cook sentiment among Seattle fans and football fans who enjoy big plays and touchdowns. There's no indication hyper-conservative Seahawks OC Brian Schottenheimer will open up his offense and stop limiting Mr. Unlimited. The dual threat Wilson would be a fantasy football fever dream in a more pass-heavy scheme. We can dream. 

Reading these certainly puts some cole into the hype train for me..

Laveranues?

🤔

• Like 1

Mr.Unlimited is going to be QB1 this year.

Take it to the bank.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Take it to the bank.

Is that Dak Prescott’s nickname? 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Is that Dak Prescott’s nickname? 

No.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

No.

My bad, I saw QB1 and assumed. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Take it to the bank.

Only if Lockett is a top-6 WR

One of the most talented offensive teams for russ this year. Return of dissly and old man Olsen will be clutch, advancement of the young and promising receivers, and Carson back healthy.

pete carol is unfortunately somewhat shackling Russ.

Pete fails to adapt, and against strong run defenses, he still keeps a run first approach. 

Russ is amazing playing from behind. Maybe Pete should just let russ do his thing all game.

embarrassing loser head coach. Would have beaten Dallas in playoffs last year if he just let russ play free the whole game.

#freeruss

for fantasy purposes i do think russ stock is up this year. Just hope pete lets him be the superstar he is.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

One of the most talented offensive teams for russ this year. Return of dissly and old man Olsen will be clutch, advancement of the young and promising receivers, and Carson back healthy.

pete carol is unfortunately somewhat shackling Russ.

Pete fails to adapt, and against strong run defenses, he still keeps a run first approach. 

Russ is amazing playing from behind. Maybe Pete should just let russ do his thing all game.

embarrassing loser head coach. Would have beaten Dallas in playoffs last year if he just let russ play free the whole game.

#freeruss

for fantasy purposes i do think russ stock is up this year. Just hope pete lets him be the superstar he is.

Green Bay was last year, but the logic still applies.  Russ looked like he could have put up 50 on the Packers if they let him play like he was down 2 scores in the fourth for an entire game.  But that's been the maddening case for his entire career to this point.  Does that change this year?  I doubt it.  Hope I'm wrong.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Green Bay was last year, but the logic still applies.  Russ looked like he could have put up 50 on the Packers if they let him play like he was down 2 scores in the fourth for an entire game.  But that's been the maddening case for his entire career to this point.  Does that change this year?  I doubt it.  Hope I'm wrong.

You’re right. They lost to Dallas in Jan 2019. lost to GB jan 2020. But SAME THING! Carson 13 for 20 yds that Dallas game. Lynch 12 for 26 in GB game.

Still free russ! Remember watching both games and Russ was magic and they kept running the ball for 0-2 yards. I could not understand it for the life of me.

Have to blame Pete at some point. He’s got this aura of untouchability because they did win Super Bowl in 2013.

But he needs to adapt and the fans and media need to call it as it is.

i do think something has to give and that russ may go supernova this year. So much talent on the team now. Do not think Olsen washed and think dissly is low key nice TE receiving asset. And think young wideouts will be improving even more.

but ya, the only limiting factor I think is pete. Russ can be a superstar with no receiving talent, he’s already proved that.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 1

Looks to me like they finally listened to Seahawks twitter fans and let Russ loose from early on.  He looked absolutely dominant out there.  Hawks defense is ok but they’re not going to be able to lean on it to grind out wins running, Russ finally has his MVP season coming up.

All in all, I present you 2020s QB1.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Did you guys know Wilson played baseball in college?

Yep lots of similarities between Mahomes and Wilson.  Potential to be great MLB pitchers.  Similar styles as star QBs

• Haha 1

Yeah it may have taken 9 years for Carrol to realize Wilson is better for this team than whatever power RB they can find but I’m so glad it’s finally happening. Have a feeling the MVP is going to come down to him and Murray, those games will be so fun to watch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ddam2013 said:

Yeah it may have taken 9 years for Carrol to realize Wilson is better for this team than whatever power RB they can find but I’m so glad it’s finally happening. Have a feeling the MVP is going to come down to him and Murray, those games will be so fun to watch.

The defense isn’t dominant like it was in the Super Bowl years, so they have to let him loose to keep up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

The defense isn’t dominant like it was in the Super Bowl years, so they have to let him loose to keep up.

And he’s the best player on the field, there’s that too

• Like 1

year after year of drafting terrible/bust qbs, i finally got a GOOD qb that i actually drafted #mvp