Rotoworld.com Forums

Russell Wilson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

look at some of the QBs WFT played this season: daniel jones (twice), andy dalton (twice), joe burrow, and nick mullens. tbh those qb's are pretty sorry lol (burrows got a bright future tho), so WFT's

Edit: holy crap, I seem to have typed most of that post with my forehead. Time for a coffee.

Hurts with that O line over Russel Wilson y'all are insane. Russ is a good QB. We all know this. He has these rough patches every year. It will not last.

Posted Images

Just a reminder that this is the NFL and nothing is ever a guarantee.

They don't have the luxury of a run game and the defense is trash so playing catch up certainly makes you more predictable and one dimensional.  Even the best look like mortals in this league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

o line injuries and a generally good rams defense to blame right?

Probably, but two down weeks in a row is mildly concerning. I hope Carson (and any missing starting O-linemen) coming back revives some of the early-season magic. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Literally no one was asking for Geno to start seriously.

Just on twitter, I don’t know Hawks fans seriously.

Oct 27 post, bad feeling.. Edit. It can’t get worse though, Rams are a great defense.

Edited by mjb
2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

MVP my a**. 

Kyler has it locked up. Wilson has looked like a** lately. 

Mahomes? Rodgers? For Russ to carry the Seahawks to the record they have despite the historically bad defense is really impressive; I think not having his starting RB the past several weeks in addition to that was just too much to overcome, and it probably would have been too much for almost anyone. 

34 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Mahomes? Rodgers? For Russ to carry the Seahawks to the record they have despite the historically bad defense is really impressive; I think not having his starting RB the past several weeks in addition to that was just too much to overcome, and it probably would have been too much for almost anyone. 

He has DK and Lockett.

There's obviously a couple factors to consider outside of Wilson and one is the RBs but the second is the offensive line. It went from looking decent to looking like the typical Seahawks line. They look flat out awful now. He's been sacked 15 times over his last 4 games and 11 over his last 2 alone. There's been some injuries but not exactly great...

That being said, and I mentioned this in the DK thread, Wilson has looked the worst he's looked since his rookie season all things considered. It just makes zero sense. There was a really specific play in the second half where DK burned Ramsey, Wilson turned to throw him the ball, and he just changed his mind. I've not once in my career seen a WR so mad at Russell with DK jumping up and down. Wilson who is known for his deep ball decided to not throw to an open DK. Absolutely mind boggling. You then look at the interception where he had at least 10-15 yards and possibly a TD if he got some blocking and he decides to throw across his body and it's conerning. Especially when you factor in the horrible decisions he made last week.

I don't know if the MVP stuff got to him, if he got the **** knocked out of him a few games ago (he took a huge hit against the Cardinals where he looked shook and he's been terrible since then), if he has some personal stuff going on, or whatever the hell else it is but this is NOT the Wilson everyone knows. Even factoring in that he goes through midseason slumps something has been off...

• Thanks 2

Something just isn't right, injury?  I don't buy it.

Russell Wilson before Week 6: - 19 touchdowns - 4 turnovers - 72.8% completion

Russell Wilson after Week 6: - 9 touchdowns - 10 turnovers - 66.9% completion

Edit: Week 6 was BYE week

Edited by mjb

I legit asked on reddit if there were any concerns about Wilson in the fantasy playoffs. namely week 16 against this same rams team and got nothing but bashed on. I have lost too many fantasy championships ignoring matchups and hoping QBs that are great all year can light up defenses that are great all year

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Polluticorn said:

I legit asked on reddit if there were any concerns about Wilson in the fantasy playoffs. namely week 16 against this same rams team and got nothing but bashed on. I have lost too many fantasy championships ignoring matchups and hoping QBs that are great all year can light up defenses that are great all year

uxiCvjx.jpg

Last time Russell Wilson lost three straight games in a football season: October 2009, when he was NC State's quarterback.

Wilson say's at today presser, he's "healthy."

21 hours ago, mjb said:

Something just isn't right, injury?  I don't buy it.

Russell Wilson before Week 6: - 19 touchdowns - 4 turnovers - 72.8% completion

Russell Wilson after Week 6: - 9 touchdowns - 10 turnovers - 66.9% completion

Edit: Week 6 was BYE week

His receivers are good but not elite and need to learn how to beat their matchups and play smarter football. DK's a freak, but needs to play smarter and beat good competition. Lockett's not that big, but makes plays, but he's not a #1 receiver.

He also needs a tight end and RB outlet with his hot reads and right now it's just a whole mountain of crap. Maybe they need to shorten the route trees and get these guys some screens- IDK.

He's killing me out there, however, yet Seattle is still favored on Thursday. Public thinks they will bounce back- maybe they felt Cardinals were more of a threat to prepare for than the Rams...think the Seahawks would beat the rams 8 out of 10 times if they played this year. 

7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Pat Mahomes fatigue is a real thing...people love the shiny new ascending toy that's in their 2nd or 3rd year...see: Pat Mahomes, Lamar Jackson 

Pat didn't really have an argument for MVP last season but he absolutely has the *best* argument for it this year just on performance. Russell Wilson is PROBABLY the MVP in the literal sense of the meaning "most valuable" but we know that's not how you win the award. I'm not sure Seattle can beat a single team in the NFL if he gets hurt. 

Edited by Deuce1042
On 11/16/2020 at 5:47 PM, Gohawks said:

He has DK and Lockett.

There's obviously a couple factors to consider outside of Wilson and one is the RBs but the second is the offensive line. It went from looking decent to looking like the typical Seahawks line. They look flat out awful now. He's been sacked 15 times over his last 4 games and 11 over his last 2 alone. There's been some injuries but not exactly great...

That being said, and I mentioned this in the DK thread, Wilson has looked the worst he's looked since his rookie season all things considered. It just makes zero sense. There was a really specific play in the second half where DK burned Ramsey, Wilson turned to throw him the ball, and he just changed his mind. I've not once in my career seen a WR so mad at Russell with DK jumping up and down. Wilson who is known for his deep ball decided to not throw to an open DK. Absolutely mind boggling. You then look at the interception where he had at least 10-15 yards and possibly a TD if he got some blocking and he decides to throw across his body and it's conerning. Especially when you factor in the horrible decisions he made last week.

I don't know if the MVP stuff got to him, if he got the **** knocked out of him a few games ago (he took a huge hit against the Cardinals where he looked shook and he's been terrible since then), if he has some personal stuff going on, or whatever the hell else it is but this is NOT the Wilson everyone knows. Even factoring in that he goes through midseason slumps something has been off...

I'm worried about Russell Wilson. That he might be hitting a wall, mentally. It's interesting how similar Seattle is to a team like Dallas(pre Dak injury) in that it's all on the QB to be Superman for the team to even function. The Seahawks (like the Cowboys) have absolutely one of the worst defenses I've ever seen. They aren't running the ball well. And the offensive line right now stinks. So Russell basically has to be perfect for them to win. They're always in shootouts. Always playing from behind. It's exhausting. And when that happens sometimes the QB starts to press, second guess himself, and make mistakes. And then when they make mistakes it might lead to indecisiveness. It appears to be getting worse for Russell by the week. 

When does Seattle ever have an easy day at the office (by NFL standards)? Ever? And this has been the case in Seattle for several years now. It's simply not sustainable. If the organization doesn't fix this we're gonna look up and Seattle has a 5-11 season one year or something. 

Edited by Deuce1042

Lockett not practicing, Peterson on DK, Hyde questionable. We need to somehow get two TD’s out of Russ and some rushing yards, best case. Fingers crossed.🤞