Sign in to follow this  
Ecofolux

Bo Bichette or Gleyber Torres in a keep-forever?

Who would you rather have for the rest of their career?

Gleyber is safer, imo. Better track record, better franchise. Bo has higher upside to some extent, but his high BABIP makes me wonder how much of his early numbers are sustainable over the length of his career. 

Help? 

Bo

Better average imo

Good batted ball skills, speed and base running skills lead to higher than average BABIP.  Higher than average line drive % also bodes well for future success.

With Bichette's skill set, I think it's likely he can sustain for the next 8-10 years at least (only 21 yrs. old).

I think he hits 20-30 points higher than Torres and his advantage in SB makes me lean Bichette.  

Career MILB Batting Average (over 1200 AB) .321   MLB batting average (255 AB) .322

Power Speed #4.4 leading MLB this year.  

Bichette is only the 3rd player in MLB history to have 38 extra base hits in his first 59 games.  He joins Joe Dimaggio (46) and Cody Bellanger (38) as the only others.

Stats from baseball reference.  The good news?  You can't go wrong either way.