PisEdiRin

Desean Jackson 2020 Outlook

55 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

No Jeffrey No Sanders... it will be a lot if Djax and Ertz. 

And Jalen and Goedert. Like him as a wr3 start though

Edited by affliction

2 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Thanks for the great insight on the personnel (I'm not being sarcastic), but don't get too excited about Del Rio.  He's totally overrated.

As a head coach, yes. As a full-time DC, no. 

By the way, now that Kendall Fuller was ruled Out, I’d be more willing to risk playing DJax today. If Moreau starts in Fuller’s place, it’s almost guaranteed he’ll make a mistake in zone coverage at some point and DJax will take advantage. 

2 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

I’d love to pick Jackson up, seems ripe for a good opportunity here.  Just don’t have the roster space.

Wtf???

How are there leagues in which he wasn't drafted?

He was going 9th/10th round in my drafts.  Admittedly, in 5 of the 7 I was the one who picked him... but still

7 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Wtf???

How are there leagues in which he wasn't drafted?

He was going 9th/10th round in my drafts.  Admittedly, in 5 of the 7 I was the one who picked him... but still

Because his ceiling seems incredibly low, and wr who depend 100% on speed coming off an injury plagued season seems risky.

And looking at his stats the past like, 4 years, seems like taking a rookie wr would be more exciting and have a mich much higher upside.

There was probably a reason you were always able to get him, why do you like him?

17 minutes ago, itslarry said:

Because his ceiling seems incredibly low, and wr who depend 100% on speed coming off an injury plagued season seems risky.

And looking at his stats the past like, 4 years, seems like taking a rookie wr would be more exciting and have a mich much higher upside.

There was probably a reason you were always able to get him, why do you like him?

If he gets hurt again, which is probable, you just drop him and replace with any of dozens of interchangeable late/FA players.

But reports from camp were highly positive, their wr corps is weak otherwise, and the 1 game he played with Wentz he went off.

Crazy that there are leagues where not one single person would think to take a flyer on the Eagles #1 receiver who can produce in bunches.

6 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

If he gets hurt again, which is probable, you just drop him and replace with any of dozens of interchangeable late/FA players.

But reports from camp were highly positive, their wr corps is weak otherwise, and the 1 game he played with Wentz he went off.

Crazy that there are leagues where not one single person would think to take a flyer on the Eagles #1 receiver who can produce in bunches.

Not crazy at all.  Dude is always hurt, will leave games early and cost you a win. 

Why ANYONE would want to get involved with this headache is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Not crazy at all.  Dude is always hurt, will leave games early and cost you a win. 

Why ANYONE would want to get involved with this headache is beyond me.

Well, enjoy Jamison Crowder or Alan Lazard I guess.

If i get 1 productive game from DJax, I'm happy.

Anything more is gravy

11 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

I’d love to pick Jackson up, seems ripe for a good opportunity here.  Just don’t have the roster space.

You'll regret that next week when he's one of the top waiver claims.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Well, enjoy Jamison Crowder or Alan Lazard I guess.

If i get 1 productive game from DJax, I'm happy.

Anything more is gravy

Until he costs you a win with a bum hammy and a goose egg.

Good luck.  I'll draft rookies late and hope one pans out before I draft djax.

2 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Until he costs you a win with a bum hammy and a goose egg.

Good luck.  I'll draft rookies late and hope one pans out before I draft djax.

And I'm not knocking that mindset.

But I am knocking a league where everybody in it thinks the exact same way

Just now, Funkenstein said:

Cause im the ONLY player in fantasy with DND players?  Gimmie a break. 

There's a difference between having someone as a do not draft, and picking them up off free agency at the end of your bench in case they blow up. It's virtually zero risk. If he gets hurt then cut him.

Just now, CamNewton said:

There's a difference between having someone as a do not draft, and picking them up off free agency at the end of your bench in case they blow up. It's virtually zero risk. If he gets hurt then cut him.

If it were week 4 or 5 where offensive roles are somewhat established....then maybe I could get on board with what you are saying.  But on draft day, and pre-week 1, id rather take a shot on just about anyone but Desean Jackson. 

you do you.

27 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

You'll regret that next week when he's one of the top waiver claims.

Maybe, maybe not.  As of this moment it’s the correct decision.

7 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

If it were week 4 or 5 where offensive roles are somewhat established....then maybe I could get on board with what you are saying.  But on draft day, and pre-week 1, id rather take a shot on just about anyone but Desean Jackson. 

you do you.

That's just the thing. You will not have a chance at him Week 4 or 5. He'll be on someone's roster starting by then barring health.

11 hours ago, SkinsNation said:

As a head coach, yes. As a full-time DC, no. 

He's a poor DC.  He did a bad job at Denver.  Wade Phillips came in and fixed it and the defense turned into a monster.

7 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

That's just the thing. You will not have a chance at him Week 4 or 5. He'll be on someone's roster starting by then barring health.

What you arent getting is that Im OK with missing out.  Apparently lots of others are too otherwise we wouldnt be having this discussion.  

Id rather not deal with him.  I mean, is that ok with you?  Good grief! lol

Edited by Funkenstein

10 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

What you arent getting is that Im OK with missing out.  Apparently lots of others are too otherwise we wouldnt be having this discussion.  

Id rather not deal with him.  I mean, is that ok with you?  Good grief! lol

Fair enough. To each their own.

12 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

He's a poor DC.  He did a bad job at Denver.  Wade Phillips came in and fixed it and the defense turned into a monster.

4th and 6th in DVOA in two of the three years he was DC there.  If that's a bad job, I welcome that in Washington.

• Like 1

The right side of the Eagles line today is a rookie 4th round pick and an udfa from last year. I would expect a bunch of short quick passes.

Yeah I’ve been pretty high on Jackson all off-season. But the injuries to Philly are concerning especially the o-line. Washington’s strength is their d-line.

I actually expect Washington to pull off the upset and win this game. It’s going to be tough for Carson to sit back in that pocket and hit D-Jax deep. 

That being said Jackson has had a good offseason and is fully healthy, he is his teams #2 option and I think Wentz is a good QB. I’m starting 

Edited by Breesus

Started DJax over AJ Brown. AJ coming off an injury in what could be a boring, low scoring game. DJax fully healthy, fired up, and recommending popcorn for his performance.

Edited by Lamont Sanford