pastorofmuppets2

Dez Bryant 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Bryant is younger than Antonio Brown and would have more opportunity in Baltimore than Brown would have in Seattle. This thread has 30 fewer pages than the Brown thread. 

FWIW, I don't think either guy is winning any championships, just funny how much hype Brown is getting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

What year is it GIF - Find on GIFER

 

2014... Kanye & Kim are getting married, everyone is doing the ALS ice bucket challenge, going to see Guardians of the Galaxy and listening to "Shake It Off". People can buy weed legally in Colorado, people are rioting in Missouri and these two are on top of the world. Jordy Nelson is waiting for a phone call.

spacer.png

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He caught the damm ball🏈!!🥴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Bryant is younger than Antonio Brown and would have more opportunity in Baltimore than Brown would have in Seattle. This thread has 30 fewer pages than the Brown thread. 

FWIW, I don't think either guy is winning any championships, just funny how much hype Brown is getting. 

Ain’t it tho.    And the ravens picked him over AB .  That tells me Brown is more trouble than he’s worth 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad pick up if he’s healthy and still has something left. Think it will be a better real life pick up than fantasy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBoondocks said:

Not gonna rush to drop anyone for him. Dude is aged and far removed from NFL competition. If you think you're getting a "stash" here, you'll be holding Ls down the line for rostering him

I agree. He wasn’t getting separation in his last two seasons and there’s really no reason to believe that this will change on a team built on defense and the run game. Lamar is uber talented but it’s not a good fit for a person who can’t get open. Dez needs someone who can thread the needle and fit the ball in tight spaces. Lamar and his 63% completion rate and low passing volume is just not that.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I agree. He wasn’t getting separation in his last two seasons and there’s really no reason to believe that this will change on a team built on defense and the run game. Lamar is uber talented but it’s not a good fit for a person who can’t get open. Dez needs someone who can thread the needle and fit the ball in tight spaces. Lamar and his 63% completion rate and low passing volume is just not that.

Agree 💯 

 

terrible signing.   He won’t get any separation just like he didn’t years ago .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just dropped a defense in dynasty and picked him up. Do I expect anything to come of this? No I do not. But in the cursed year of 2020, I imagine just about anything is possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kick_it_like-OBJ said:

the fantasy world is driving crazy because of those guys who didn’t play any game the last year...

Maybe Megatron is next on the list...

Yo...  And anybody who doesn’t at least look to see how they could add them to their team, I would have some tough questions for ‘em.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone saw the chiefs game, it was evident the ravens needed more receiving weapons. Marquise brown has never been able to live up to his off-season hype. That’s why when the Antonio brown speculation began, people were throwing the ravens into the discussion as a possible landing spot. Now they made their choice of Dez Bryant so it’s obvious theyre going to utilize him. Even if dez get 5 catches for 70 yds a game, throw in a td here and there, it’s still 18 ppg in ppr. They’re not signing him for the fun of it. Pick him up while you can! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Agree 💯 

 

terrible signing.   He won’t get any separation just like he didn’t years ago .


terrible signing?

You realize this is for the practice squad, right? 
There is absolutely no risk here, ravens are getting him for free. It’s a great pick up.
They’ll likely use him like a pass catching TE if he cracks the roster. Nobody expects him to be the same player he was 5 years ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Orioles123 said:


terrible signing?

You realize this is for the practice squad, right? 
There is absolutely no risk here, ravens are getting him for free. It’s a great pick up.
They’ll likely use him like a pass catching TE if he cracks the roster. Nobody expects him to be the same player he was 5 years ago 


Free garbage still stinks just as much🗑 

 A pass catching TE....lol.    Whos brilliant idea was this anyway 

Edited by Impreza178

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Impreza178 said:


Free garbage still stinks just as much🗑 

 A pass catching TE....lol.    Whos brilliant idea was this anyway 

It was the idea of one of the best GMs in the game in Decosta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 9:22 AM, ajs723 said:

Bryant is younger than Antonio Brown and would have more opportunity in Baltimore than Brown would have in Seattle. This thread has 30 fewer pages than the Brown thread. 

FWIW, I don't think either guy is winning any championships, just funny how much hype Brown is getting. 

That's because the last time we saw Dez he looked like a shell of himself and couldn't stay healthy. The last time we saw AB was when he hopped off the street and onto the field with the Pats probably knowing about five plays and still put up 16 fantasy points. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

 

The Ravens play the Cowboys week 13 on Thursday Night Football. 

 

trade your wr1 for the RatBirds defense ... good lawd is that gonna be a bloodbath 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 12:22 PM, ajs723 said:

Bryant is younger than Antonio Brown and would have more opportunity in Baltimore than Brown would have in Seattle. This thread has 30 fewer pages than the Brown thread. 

FWIW, I don't think either guy is winning any championships, just funny how much hype Brown is getting. 

 

Man, you wouldn't have been happy with the Josh Gordon thread that broke the forums when he wasn't even playing. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His last productive year from a fantasy perspective was 2014. SIX years ago. That's even worse than I thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...