sjm76

Christian Kirk 2020 Outlook

A bit surprised there wasn't already a 2020 Outlook thread on him.  Hamstring problems can linger for wr's and if DeAndre Hopkins ends up missing time I think that Kirk can be pretty valuable as he'll be the Cardinals' #1 wr.  Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

A bit surprised there wasn't already a 2020 Outlook thread on him.  Hamstring problems can linger for wr's and if DeAndre Hopkins ends up missing time I think that Kirk can be pretty valuable as he'll be the Cardinals' #1 wr.  Thoughts?

This guy has the ability to be one of the best inside / slot receivers in the game.  

I thought he had ability to be better than Jarvis Landry coming out of college.

Unfortunately for him Larry Legend holds down his spot and forced him outside, which he's been learning, but it's not where his skill set says he will excel.

Now you've got Nuk here too which is a receiver on another level from him and who will command targets.

I think Kirk might never live up to the guy I know he can become simply because the opportunity to play where he dominates didn't present itself and now the competition will be too much for indefinite future.

With injuries ahead of him, specifically Larry Legend I think this guy can do fantasy damage.

As is, I will continue to wait for 2021 on him with everyone healthy.

Worth monitoring but I bet you Hopkins will be there Week 1. He wants a fresh contract (even though there is 3 years left) so will need to produce a reasonable season for that to happen sooner rather than later.

Hard to rank Kirk this season with Hopkins and Fitz there but certainly not reaching for him.

Possible Gallup situation here with Kirk now that Hopkins is there to draw attention. Kyler in year two could see improvement as well. I think there's upside on Kirk in round nine of FFPC leagues towards 1000-6 here potentially, assuming Kirk can finally stay healthy.

7 minutes ago, jetfan1983 said:

Possible Gallup situation here with Kirk now that Hopkins is there to draw attention. Kyler in year two could see improvement as well. I think there's upside on Kirk in round nine of FFPC leagues towards 1000-6 here potentially, assuming Kirk can finally stay healthy.

That’s gonna be tough with hopkins and fitz there. Along with drake out of the backfield. I don’t think Kyler throws for more then 4000. 

Are the targets there this year? Hard for me to get too excited for him. 

This guy is giving me agita. I keep staring at guys like Reagor, Aiyuk, Edwards and Shenault in the FA pool and wondering if I should drop Kirk for one. Obviously the talent is there but you have to think his target share is going to take a beating with all the offensive weapons on that team.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

This guy is giving me agita. I keep staring at guys like Reagor, Aiyuk, Edwards and Shenault in the FA pool and wondering if I should drop Kirk for one. Obviously the talent is there but you have to think his target share is going to take a beating with all the offensive weapons on that team.

Haha, same here...After 48 hrs of deliberating, I finally dropped him today for Jeudy...Kirk was my WR 4, so wanted something juicier!!

47 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Better CB will be on Hopkins. Kirk is WR2. I think Kirk can have a lot of target

1 hour ago, Tomy said:

Better CB will be on Hopkins. Kirk is WR2. I think Kirk can have a lot of target

Can Confirm, Kirk will have large number of targets.

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2020 at 4:03 PM, pdog109 said:

Can Confirm, Kirk will have large number of targets.

You were saying?  How could you confirm this, lol?

15 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This is a guy I wish I could have grabbed in my drafts. Just didn’t work out. He could be baller 

Consider yourselves lucky.

I'm considering dropping.  He doesn't look involved at all.  Hopkins will dominate.  Fitz still beating Father Time.  What's the upside to him?  

Russell Gage and Scotty Miller are likely sitting on 100% of waiver wires and I think I'd rather have either of them over Kirk...

Whats the consensus on Kirk? He's projected to have a nice game this week but the target share was brutal for him last game to say the least. I'm really contemplating dropping for any of the hotter waiver wire guys this week. Anyone care to talk me off the ledge?

I have Kirk, and I'm debating the same thing. That offense looks like it will be peddle to the metal for the whole 60min, so he might end up getting huge games. But i don't know if he'll be the consistent player needed.

On my team he was my flex option hoping he'd make his way up to WR3 (start 3 WR) for me, but dang...Doesn't look like it after week one.

3 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Whats the consensus on Kirk? He's projected to have a nice game this week but the target share was brutal for him last game to say the least. I'm really contemplating dropping for any of the hotter waiver wire guys this week. Anyone care to talk me off the ledge?

I have a pending drop on him myself but I am really deep at WR in that league. He’s worth holding for a couple weeks but he’s probably going to stay frustrating for a while for sure. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Jump off the ledge. Kirk hasn't helped anyone's fantasy team ever.

• Thanks 1

dropping, so much better value on the waiver depending on your league size. wr's a dime a dozen, will need to take a monster game for kirk to be picked up again

I thought initially since Sunday that he is a buy low.  Hopkins had about 50% the team's air yards, and Kirk had about 35%.  So he's clearly the next best option there.  Only problem is that I think after more analysis is that his main purpose on this team is the deep shot.  And if he doesn't connect?  Well, we know how frustrating that is.  I don't doubt that he's going to have some really big boom weeks.  Key would be to trying to figure out when those happen and having him in your lineup.  This guy is a better best ball than season long player.  I think he's a drop for me as I go after some of these RB candidates.

Edited by CooL

Far out. This guy cost me one matchup and came close in a second.

I'm willing to give it one more week to see signs of life. I don't know if it was because San Fran played so much zone and Murray locked onto Nuk as a result or whatever stupid excuse I am deluding myself into thinking. But look, if this offense really starts humming, I want pieces of it. I have Edmonds rostered everywhere, Kirk is the other cheap-might-slaughter-ADP piece. You win some, you lose some.

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Trending up?

Oh yeah. Next two games are good matchups too.

Edited by TwoCan Sam

Im really thinking of picking him up, great match up this week and next. Rest of season looks great too. Going between Kirk and Hardman which he should have a great opportunity with Watkins out. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content