SvanE42

Tyler Boyd 2020 Outlook

On 9/2/2020 at 12:41 AM, brosephd said:

this year's dj moore/chris godwin.

looking moore and moore like it. 

as long as it's not this year's moore and godwin. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, brosephd said:

looking moore and moore like it. 

as long as it's not this year's moore and godwin. 

Hey hey, leave God out of this broheim 😛

Edited by RunCMC

16 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Gidddy the F up !!

Targetsssss baby , keep em coming.

And he had a random rush attempt today, you love to see it.

Since the week 1 clasterfack.

Week 2:  7 for 8       72 yards

Week 3:  10 for 13   125 yards

Week 4:  7 for 8       90 yards 

Good times

Had a TD called back as well yesterday due to holding.  But it was a great throw and catch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Had a TD called back as well yesterday due to holding.  But it was a great throw and catch.

Yeah bro, I cringed on that holding penalty. 

Boyd has some great hands, he reminds me a bit of Cooper Kupp.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

PFF has the slot phenom as their third highest-rated wide receiver in the league with an overall grade of 85.6.

If you don’t know, now you know.

Do we dare bench him this week @BAL ?

That game can get ugly .. real fast.

But that only means Burrow will be slinging the rock left and right.

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

PFF has the slot phenom as their third highest-rated wide receiver in the league with an overall grade of 85.6.

I've got an 0-4 team that I have to start BOTH Boyd and Higgins against Baltimore this weekend. 

Feeling optimistic!  Or the opposite. 

Regardless, start your studs.

Edited by SadFaceHappy
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I've got an 0-4 team that I have to start BOTH Boyd and Higgins against Baltimore this weekend. 

Feeling optimistic!  Or the opposite. 

Regardless, start your studs.

Are you me?

And I view the Boyd/Higgins stack as Seattle Lite

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Starting Boyd matchup proof here on out, for better or worse. Terry just proved BAL can be tossed on w Haskins!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

Starting Boyd matchup proof here on out, for better or worse. Terry just proved BAL can be tossed on w Haskins!

Thats true, good point brodie.

Burrow>>>>>> Haskins

However

Boyd<<Terry

Now let’s hope for a shootout ay !

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Thats true, good point brodie.

Burrow>>>>>> Haskins

However

Boyd<<Terry

Now let’s hope for a shootout ay !

Idk with a qb that actually throws to him now Boyd is at least on the same level as terry imo. As long as the bungles continue to be crappy on defense we can count on shootout induced volume. And if they have to respect joe mixon that opens things up more for boyd, as well as aj green still getting the defensive respect 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Idk with a qb that actually throws to him now Boyd is at least on the same level as terry imo. As long as the bungles continue to be crappy on defense we can count on shootout induced volume. And if they have to respect joe mixon that opens things up more for boyd, as well as aj green still getting the defensive respect 

Fantasy yeah probably, but on a talent level I disagree.

In my humble opinion McLaurin is Top5 in the league. 

Here’s some more good info below on the Burrow + Boyd connection.

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow told reporters that wide receiver Tyler Boyd has been "consistent" and "dependable since I walked in the door here". 

WHAT IT MEANS:

The stat sheets would certainly agree with Burrow. Boyd has averaged 80 yards per game in 2020 and has been the lone consistent player in the team's receiving corps, with A.J. Green all but disappearing, John Ross playing his way off of the field, and Tee Higgins just beginning to emerge. 

Burrow's connection with Boyd has been undeniable this season, and Boyd currently leads all NFL receivers in Target Net Expected Points with 35.1, meaning Boyd has added the most expected points on his targets in the league based on historical down-and-distance data.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Fantasy yeah probably, but on a talent level I disagree.

In my humble opinion McLaurin is Top5 in the league. 

Here’s some more good info below on the Burrow + Boyd connection.

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow told reporters that wide receiver Tyler Boyd has been "consistent" and "dependable since I walked in the door here". 

WHAT IT MEANS:

The stat sheets would certainly agree with Burrow. Boyd has averaged 80 yards per game in 2020 and has been the lone consistent player in the team's receiving corps, with A.J. Green all but disappearing, John Ross playing his way off of the field, and Tee Higgins just beginning to emerge. 

Burrow's connection with Boyd has been undeniable this season, and Boyd currently leads all NFL receivers in Target Net Expected Points with 35.1, meaning Boyd has added the most expected points on his targets in the league based on historical down-and-distance data.

I like it. and with Higgins emerging as the thread they can't continue to hone in on Boyd like they were trying to do earlier in the season when green was taking a breather. Becoming a top option without injury to other players is the best we could hope for

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Who is Baltimore’s Nickel corner? 

Marlon Humphrey, he’a a stud.

Humphrey and Peters are both top-10 Pro Football Focus cornerbacks, and last year, they formed a rare All-Pro tandem.

Since 2019, Humphrey has allowed just 6.2 yards per target; Peters, 6.7 since joining the Ravens in the middle of last year.

Edited by RunCMC

Posted (edited)

As soon as we rely on him, lock him in as our confident starter... he’ll put up 9 ppr points while someone on bench blows up. Fantasy football...

spacer.png

that said, I’m starting him. 💯

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

As soon as we rely on him, lock him in as our confident starter... he’ll put up 9 ppr points while someone on bench blows up. Fantasy football...

spacer.png

that said, I’m starting him. 💯

I'll be honest, if 9PPR points is worst case scenario that's not a bad floor.  Better than what Lockett just did to me.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Marlon Humphrey, he’a a stud.

Humphrey and Peters are both top-10 Pro Football Focus cornerbacks, and last year, they formed a rare All-Pro tandem.

Since 2019, Humphrey has allowed just 6.2 yards per target; Peters, 6.7 since joining the Ravens in the middle of last year.

Ya he is a stud. He also just signed an extension too ya? That’s gonna be a good matchup to watch.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

I'll be honest, if 9PPR points is worst case scenario that's not a bad floor.  Better than what Lockett just did to me.

4-50 seems like his floor. 

Edited by Members_Only_76

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brettg57 said:

Who is Baltimore’s Nickel corner? 

This is key for this weekend. I'm debating starting Boyd over ARob because of Davis (CB) who's shut down MT and Keenan Allen both this year. One area where the Yahoo matchups really lack, they rate an overall defense against WRs, but don't break it out by which corner will most likely be covering which receiver.

Edited by JAG_challam

3 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Ya he is a stud. He also just signed an extension too ya? That’s gonna be a good matchup to watch.

Yup, he signed a huge deal.

Hopefully we see some fireworks 

56 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

This is key for this weekend. I'm debating starting Boyd over ARob because of Davis (CB) who's shut down MT and Keenan Allen both this year. One area where the Yahoo matchups really lack, they rate an overall defense against WRs, but don't break it out by which corner will most likely be covering which receiver.

don’t do this. 

[...] What are expectations ROS? 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

27 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

[...] What are expectations ROS? 

[...]

definetly one of the more consistent wr but does have a few 8 point games here and there 

Edited by tonycpsu

they need to get joe a freaking o-line, he has no time in the pocket at all. i love the chemistry between him and boyd though...

Edited by TroutFister

1 hour ago, TroutFister said:

they need to get joe a freaking o-line, he has no time in the pocket at all. i love the chemistry between him and boyd though...

Burrow was a huge fan of his slot receiver in college.  I honestly think Boyd has Top 10 PPR upside.  Not this year, but as Burrow develops and they hopefully build him a line, I can see him getting 100+ catches a year as Burrows #1 target. 

• Like 1