SvanE42

Tyler Boyd 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Boyd + the RB’s will be Burrow’s safety valve. I’m in like flynn 

Stacking Boyd + Mixon + Burrow (bench for now) for this exact reason... giddy up! Mixon's got underrated (or at least under utilized) receiving ability, and I think he finally has a QB that will use it...

But, back to our man Boyd... I can't understand why he's ranked so low, unless experts really just don't trust Burrow this year, which is understandable. Either way, we know Burrow loves his slot receivers and Boyd's already proven he can handle a huge number of targets AND that he can produce (some would argue better) when AJ is in the lineup to draw at least one, if not two out of coverage... Gonna BOOM this year with or without AJ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Getting this dude as my WR3 was a dream hit.  I think he's in for a very solid year.  I love that AJ Green is back to take some of that coverage his way.  Burrow to Boyd for a long time to come.

Edited by humanpuck
  • Like 1

The best QB prospect under Center and an injury prone AJ Green in front of him. Could be worse.

DppTEnw.png

Edited by dorwell

Anyone starting him this Sunday?

What can we realistically expect this week while playing with a rookie QB in his first game and against solid Charger DB’s?

I’d love to take the wait and see approach but I’m looking Boyd’s way on my bench after Golladay being downgraded today. 

Edited by gmoneypm

Rolling out Boyd and Mixon.

Hoping Burrow comes in ready to roll.

1 hour ago, gmoneypm said:

What can we realistically expect this week while playing with a rookie QB in his first game and against solid Charger DB’s?

I’d love to take the wait and see approach but I’m looking Boyd’s way on my bench after Golladay being downgraded today. 

On all 3 teams I have him.

I drafted this dude as my wr2 across the board. He playing.

Chargers are a tough D, but much less imposing w/o Derwin James.  And I'd worry about going up against Heyward if he were an X or Y, but Boyd primarily runs from the slot.  I think he can take their nickel back (*shudder*).

Pass rush will pose the biggest problem for Cincy and Burrow but, again because he's the slot, Boyd should be the beneficiary of having to get the ball out quicker.

But we'll see.  Not expecting a huge game, hoping for a solid one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

On all 3 teams I have him.

I drafted this dude as my wr2 across the board. He playing.

Chargers are a tough D, but much less imposing w/o Derwin James.  And I'd worry about going up against Heyward if he were an X or Y, but Boyd primarily runs from the slot.  I think he can take their nickel back (*shudder*).

Pass rush will pose the biggest problem for Cincy and Burrow but, again because he's the slot, Boyd should be the beneficiary of having to get the ball out quicker.

But we'll see.  Not expecting a huge game, hoping for a solid one.

King is no slouch. This is a tough matchup for the Bengals all around. But it’s also week 1 so who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️. I do think he ends up leading the Bengals in targets this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmoneypm said:

Same situation here with Kenny G down.  Feel pretty good about Boyd as a replacement.  Hopefully that chemistry with Burrow the press talked about in camp translates to this game.  

2 hours ago, gmoneypm said:

I going back and forth between him and Diontae Johnson.

1 hour ago, Kilo said:

I going back and forth between him and Diontae Johnson.

How is this even a question, most of us here have Boyd as our WR2 for the ROS.

A few folks as their WR3.

But replacement and/or bench player , oooof must be nice.

What a time to be alive 😎

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

He's my WR3 (M Thomas & Chark).  The thing that concerns me about Boyd is not his talent and opportunity but, his QB.  Burrow vs LAC in his first NFL game may not go so well.  Diontae has a nice matchup vs NYG.

2 minutes ago, Kilo said:

He's my WR3 (M Thomas & Chark).  The thing that concerns me about Boyd is not his talent and opportunity but, his QB.  Burrow vs LAC in his first NFL game may not go so well.  Diontae has a nice matchup vs NYG.

Honestly I would just roll with Boyd the whole season, yes you can play matchups as much as you like; but you'll get burned just as many times as you hit.

Or just trade and upgrade your WR3, so you have no such dilemma.

As far as this week goes, just know Derwin James is out for ROS ( safety ) for whatever that's worth. And hope AJ Green suits up, so he gets the Casey Hayward treatment. Regardless If I'm not mistaken Casey doesn't man the slot at all, or very rarely if that. And Boyd is a slot guy primarily. 

Burrow might be your only legitimate concern, but from everything I've been hearing, the kid seems like the real deal holyfield. 

• Thanks 1

I'd expect him to get at least 7-8 targets and be viable for PPR, probably not going to be a ceiling game but he certainly could push up to 80-90 and a TD if he has a big play or gets more targets than that expectation. One thing you can be sure of he's not going to kill you. Even in standard I'd be shocked if he didn't get 50-60 yards. Guy is super solid and I expect Burrow to lean on him. Not just this game, but all season.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 10:18 AM, Heizz said:

Rolling him as my WR2 (went super heavy with RBs early - hopefully not a mistake).

LETS GO.

I did the same thing. Drafted Saquon, David Johnson, LeVeon, and Fournette. I had Boyd at my WR2 and was nervous, so I traded Fournette for DK Metcalf. Are y’all confident enough in Boyd to let him rock as WR2?

8 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

I did the same thing. Drafted Saquon, David Johnson, LeVeon, and Fournette. I had Boyd at my WR2 and was nervous, so I traded Fournette for DK Metcalf. Are y’all confident enough in Boyd to let him rock as WR2?

It’s not really ideal but if you’re that well off at other positions, I think it’s fine, especially in PPR or half. I think Boyd was one of the best WR values in drafts. It kinda feels like he’s Bobby Woods lite as far as solid, consistent, and dependable, but more of a floor guy and when he scores you’re very happy. 

3 hours ago, aapox said:

I'd expect him to get at least 7-8 targets and be viable for PPR, probably not going to be a ceiling game but he certainly could push up to 80-90 and a TD if he has a big play or gets more targets than that expectation. One thing you can be sure of he's not going to kill you. Even in standard I'd be shocked if he didn't get 50-60 yards. Guy is super solid and I expect Burrow to lean on him. Not just this game, but all season.

That's exactly what I expect from Boyd. I hope camps report are right and he can be his safety blanket. Didn't drafted Boyd to give me thos 40 point weeks, drafted him to give me the constand 10-15 I can bank on.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RunCMC said:

A few folks as their WR3.

But replacement and/or bench player , oooof must be nice.

What a time to be alive 😎

I have Boyd as my WR4 and Diontae as my WR5. Lol. 

As for Boyd, I have high hopes for him with Burrow, and I honestly don't see how he doesn't end the year as a WR2 as long as he stays healthy. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I have Boyd as my WR4 and Diontae as my WR5. Lol. 

As for Boyd, I have high hopes for him with Burrow, and I honestly don't see how he doesn't end the year as a WR2 as long as he stays healthy. 

well. they have to throw him the ball for him to be WR2 😔

Just now, cdd10 said:

well. they have to throw him the ball for him to be WR2 😔

Yeah, I’m noticing that. And I’m admittedly surprised. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, brosephd said:

he's not a sexy pick but he'll be reliable. 

Sooner or later, a middling talent like him will get exposed.

I avoided him in all drafts.