SvanE42

Tyler Boyd 2020 Outlook

gonna chalk it up as rookie struggles, no preseason. better days ahead hopefully for him and mixon...

• Like 1

am i wrong for wanting to drop....i kno its jus 1 week but not a catch till the 3rd qtr?! 

• Haha 1

Just now, roughnecker101 said:

Charger Defense is legit

i know...tryin to make moves...i will be patient

2 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Charger Defense is legit

Without Derwin James it's an average defense.

It was one game though and I assume Burrow will be asked to do more in the near future.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:30 PM, dorwell said:

Good news: he is not injured

Bad news: he is barely out there

That simply isn't true. He was in on 55 snaps, which was 81 percent of the Bengals snap count. 

• Like 1

Bengals will run a bunch and when Burrow drops back he will be looking for Green. Boyd will have some nice games but he's more of a flex this year. Definitely shouldn't have been drafted before AJ

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Bengals will run a bunch and when Burrow drops back he will be looking for Green. Boyd will have some nice games but he's more of a flex this year. Definitely shouldn't have been drafted before AJ

That remains to be seen.  The main reason he was drafted behind AJ was the injury history.  

Just now, K197040 said:

That remains to be seen.  The main reason he was drafted behind AJ was the injury history.  

The injury history is totally overblown. Green finessed the Bengals big time by sitting out for a whole year when he was healthy. He had a sprained ankle not a torn achilles or something. Great move on his part as he avoided a year's worth of hits for the league's worst team. Fantasy gamers who took the "risk" on Green will be rewarded nicely this season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

The injury history is totally overblown. Green finessed the Bengals big time by sitting out for a whole year when he was healthy. He had a sprained ankle not a torn achilles or something. Great move on his part as he avoided a year's worth of hits for the league's worst team. Fantasy gamers who took the "risk" on Green will be rewarded nicely this season.

wouldn't say overblown since has a history of lower leg injuries that either had him out, or made him into a decoy in the past but maybe burrow makes a difference and maybe he doesn't miss anything. Boyd has done well so i don't blame those who went for boyd over green or avoided him completely. It is just week one but it should be better days for both as burrow improves throughout the season

Jul 27, 2019 NFL Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3 Green initially suffered his injury on the first day of training camp and it seemed like he might return for the team’s final two games before shutting himself down, then shifting to injured reserve for the final week.
Dec 2, 2018 NFL Pedal Toe Sprain Green aggravated his right toe injury and missed the final 4 games of the season.
Oct 28, 2018 NFL Pedal Toe Sprain Green missed 3 games with an injury to his right big toe.
Sep 23, 2018 NFL Inguinal Groin Pull Grade 1 Green injured his groin in Week 3 but was able to play the following week.
Nov 20, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Tear Grade 3 Green tore his right hamstring in Week 11 and missed the rest of the season. He landed on IR in Week 17, despite reportedly wanting to play over the final 2 weeks.
Dec 19, 2015 NFL Back Tailbone Bruise The Bengals added Green to the Week 15 injury report with an unspecified back issue after a Saturday walkthrough. He played in the game but left in the 3rd quarter, then played again in Week 16.
Dec 28, 2014 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Green took a nasty hit from Steelers S Mike Mitchell in Week 17. He missed the Wild Card Round playoff loss with a concussion.
Dec 22, 2014 NFL Arm Green sustained a bruised right biceps in Week 16 and was in and out of that game. He played through it in Week 17 as well.
Oct 8, 2014 NFL Pedal Toe Turf Toe Green aggravated the injury to his right big toe in Wednesday practice for Week 6. He missed that week's game plus the following 2.
Sep 7, 2014 NFL Pedal Toe Turf Toe Green suffered "something like turf toe" in his right foot early in the season opener. He played through it then but made it through just 6 snaps in Week 2.
Jul 25, 2013 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Green hurt his left knee in a July 25 camp practice. He returned to practice Aug. 14 and missed the 1st 2 preseason games.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Guwop said:

wouldn't say overblown since has a history of lower leg injuries that either had him out, or made him into a decoy in the past but maybe burrow makes a difference and maybe he doesn't miss anything. Boyd has done well so i don't blame those who went for boyd over green or avoided him completely. It is just week one but it should be better days for both as burrow improves throughout the season

Jul 27, 2019 NFL Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3 Green initially suffered his injury on the first day of training camp and it seemed like he might return for the team’s final two games before shutting himself down, then shifting to injured reserve for the final week.
Dec 2, 2018 NFL Pedal Toe Sprain Green aggravated his right toe injury and missed the final 4 games of the season.
Oct 28, 2018 NFL Pedal Toe Sprain Green missed 3 games with an injury to his right big toe.
Sep 23, 2018 NFL Inguinal Groin Pull Grade 1 Green injured his groin in Week 3 but was able to play the following week.
Nov 20, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Tear Grade 3 Green tore his right hamstring in Week 11 and missed the rest of the season. He landed on IR in Week 17, despite reportedly wanting to play over the final 2 weeks.
Dec 19, 2015 NFL Back Tailbone Bruise The Bengals added Green to the Week 15 injury report with an unspecified back issue after a Saturday walkthrough. He played in the game but left in the 3rd quarter, then played again in Week 16.
Dec 28, 2014 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Green took a nasty hit from Steelers S Mike Mitchell in Week 17. He missed the Wild Card Round playoff loss with a concussion.
Dec 22, 2014 NFL Arm Green sustained a bruised right biceps in Week 16 and was in and out of that game. He played through it in Week 17 as well.
Oct 8, 2014 NFL Pedal Toe Turf Toe Green aggravated the injury to his right big toe in Wednesday practice for Week 6. He missed that week's game plus the following 2.
Sep 7, 2014 NFL Pedal Toe Turf Toe Green suffered "something like turf toe" in his right foot early in the season opener. He played through it then but made it through just 6 snaps in Week 2.
Jul 25, 2013 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Green hurt his left knee in a July 25 camp practice. He returned to practice Aug. 14 and missed the 1st 2 preseason games.

It's definitely overblown thanks in large part to recency bias. Last year's injury wasn't real. He's racked up nicks and bruises, If I pulled up the average 32-year old NFLer's injury chart it would look similar if not worse. 

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

It's definitely overblown thanks in large part to recency bias. Last year's injury wasn't real. He's racked up nicks and bruises, If I pulled up the average 32-year old NFLer's injury chart it would look similar if not worse. 

Did you draft any of these other average 32 year old WRs? 

6 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

in real life yes but where talking fantasy where green underperformed his ADP or was too volatile week-to-week for where he was draft. People didn't just make these things up. Yes he could be a steal but he could also be the same "nicked up here, plays but is a decoy there so you miss out on points there" green. And even if green sticks around and plays week boyd can still produce. It's really about how burrow progresses. It's week 1 with a new quarterback. Lot's of season left for things to develop for both players

Edited by Guwop

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Without Derwin James it's an average defense.

It was one game though and I assume Burrow will be asked to do more in the near future.

CB's are pretty excellent tho. I commented on this earlier , about Casey Hayward shadowing AJ Green.

But I had totally forgot Chriss Harris Jr. is on the Chargers now. And he's as deadly as it comes in a slot corner. And Boyd lines up in the slot.

Let's hope for a better Week 2.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Did you draft any of these other average 32 year old WRs? 

Can you point me to the other 7x pro bowl, 32 year old WR's who were available in the 7th round?

1 hour ago, Jetdog16 said:

Week 1.........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, affliction said:

Week 1.........

You're right. Let's check back later in the year when Green is still the All-Pro, No.1 target on the team. 

43 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Can you point me to the other 7x pro bowl, 32 year old WR's who were available in the 7th round?

Yeah...check your butt.

58 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

CB's are pretty excellent tho. I commented on this earlier , about Casey Hayward shadowing AJ Green.

But I had totally forgot Chriss Harris Jr. is on the Chargers now. And he's as deadly as it comes in a slot corner. And Boyd lines up in the slot.

Let's hope for a better Week 2.

Forgot about Harris too, and the Chargers are my fantasy D, haha.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Yeah...check your butt.

I looked but all I found was Tyler Boyd (cause he's poop)

• Haha 3

This has been covered a lot already, burrows loves throwing to the slot. Boyd lines up in the slot. This could be the week 2 blow up vs the browns as long as Denzel ward does not shadow Boyd (he shouldn’t). 

44 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

I looked but all I found was Tyler Boyd (cause he's poop)

Ok...that's pretty damn funny.

• Thanks 1

Overrated, overvalued, and overdrafted.

I avoided this JAG in every league.

If u drafted Boyd over AJ Green, you made a foolish decision.