SvanE42

Tyler Boyd 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

Overrated, overvalued, and overdrafted.

I avoided this JAG in every league.

If u drafted Boyd over AJ Green, you made a foolish decision.

I’ll give him till week 4 and we can revisit this statement since you are so confident after 1 week lol

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

CB's are pretty excellent tho. I commented on this earlier , about Casey Hayward shadowing AJ Green.

But I had totally forgot Chriss Harris Jr. is on the Chargers now. And he's as deadly as it comes in a slot corner. And Boyd lines up in the slot.

Let's hope for a better Week 2.

Ahhhhhh, yea I forgot about Harris too!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

I looked but all I found was Tyler Boyd (cause he's poop)

They still out of TP where you live? :D 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Overrated, overvalued, and overdrafted.

I avoided this JAG in every league.

If u drafted Boyd over AJ Green, you made a foolish decision.

Overreacting, overreacting, and overreacting. 

I avoid knee-jerk reactions to one game, especially when the QB is a rookie.

If you make up your mind about a player after one week, you've made a foolish decision. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Overreacting, overreacting, and overreacting. 

I avoid knee-jerk reactions to one game, especially when the QB is a rookie.

If you make up your mind about a player after one week, you've made a foolish decision. 

Boyd owner? Lol.

Boyds not going to be bad this year, but he is going back to being the #2 WR on this team again and won't perform up to his ADP.

Just now, kdko said:

Boyd owner? Lol.

Boyds not going to be bad this year, but he is going back to being the #2 WR on this team again and won't perform up to his ADP.

I have him in a dynasty league as my #6 WR or so. I'm not bitter. He probably is behind Green right now, but Burrow is going to throw for more than 175 yards per game. Or whatever he had on Sunday. There are going to be a lot more targets to go around once he gets more acclimated. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

You're right. Let's check back later in the year when Green is still the All-Pro, No.1 target on the team. 

*Bookmarked*

I love the week 1 prophets 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

I looked but all I found was Tyler Boyd (cause he's poop)

OBJ has entered the chat

14 minutes ago, brosephd said:

OBJ has entered the chat

I heard his agent requested a trade to Cincinnati.

Definitely hold. AJ and/or Ross will most likely miss games at some point. Plus the Chargers have a top tier secondary even without James. 

Oh and the fact that it was his first NFL game without preseason yet he marched the offense down the field under 2 min with 0 timeouts only to be let down by the kicker.

TLDR; Joe Burrow is the truth. Boyd’s time will come

Edited by TwoCan Sam
  • Like 2

My perception of Boyd hasn't changed. WR3/4 with weekly upside. He's not immune to an occasional stinker, but we knew that already.

Edited by JAG_challam

3 hours ago, affliction said:

*Bookmarked*

I love the week 1 prophets 

Green is significantly more talented. He’s the #1 option- by far at this point. Green had like 7 targets before Boyd got his first. One game I know but noteworthy.

And most importantly, Green gets all the HIGH VALUE targets- deep bombs and end zone looks. 10 boyd targets are equivalent to like 4 or 5 for Green. Boyd is good and will have value, but AJG all day. 

16 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

That simply isn't true. He was in on 55 snaps, which was 81 percent of the Bengals snap count. 

I believe your numbers but then he was invisible at least for Burrow.

as a wr2 i wouldnt feel as confident but wr3 or flex still bullish. we'll revisit after tomorrows game.

looking like a flex at best but this depends on how burrow develops

What happened to all the Burrow > slot hype??  One game and it’s over?

I was expecting Cincy to have a tough game v LAC D, and not surprised by anyone’s play.  Mixon, Burrows, Boyd, everyone did poorly. 

I took Boyd as my WR4 with wait-and-see expectations with a baller rookie QB and AJG return.  AJG outside helps Boyd own the slot, and I’m still a believer in Burrows slot obsession.  

No worries for at least a month, until all have time to simmer together.  

• Like 4

I can't confirm with actual numbers, but it seemed like Bengals offense was slow-paced.  Maybe the volume won't be there for Boyd this year.  Healthy Green, Ross, and Mixon is gonna be a problem for Boyd.  Sell Boyd now if you can.

46 minutes ago, CViewPride35 said:

I can't confirm with actual numbers, but it seemed like Bengals offense was slow-paced.  Maybe the volume won't be there for Boyd this year.  Healthy Green, Ross, and Mixon is gonna be a problem for Boyd.  Sell Boyd now if you can.

Chargers are one of the slowest offenses. That’s really what you noticed. I’m not concerned about Boyd personally, the Chargers have some filthy slot corners with Chris Harris and Desmond king (he might be playing safety for them now but I know he covers the slot a lot) this will be a better week with Ward on AJG the browns are weak in the slot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cleanface said:

What happened to all the Burrow > slot hype??  One game and it’s over?

I was expecting Cincy to have a tough game v LAC D, and not surprised by anyone’s play.  Mixon, Burrows, Boyd, everyone did poorly. 

I took Boyd as my WR4 with wait-and-see expectations with a baller rookie QB and AJG return.  AJG outside helps Boyd own the slot, and I’m still a believer in Burrows slot obsession.  

No worries for at least a month, until all have time to simmer together.  

he has a chance for sure but it will take time. Until then it's hard to say he'll be wr2 value until it clicks for burrow or green misses time. Still feel decent flexing him especially with cleveland up next

Dude was basically shadowed by Chris Harris Jr. Total shutdown, but there should be better days. Starting against this Browns secondary. I'm fairly bullish on the Bengals entire passing attack in this one.

• Like 1

That's bold! I have to pull a name out of the hat between the likes of Boyd, Lockett, Marvin Jones, Crowder, or Hunter Henry at flex. Don't think that name will be Boyd this week. 

Long time owner of Boyd in dynasty. He did best with green on the field. Underwhelmed when he was the alpha. green is the alpha. You want a healthy AJG so Boyd can be the Godwin lite to Mike Evans. Just need Burrow to trust him, which is up in the air

16. Tyler Boyd vs. Tavierre Thomas (CLE)

Thomas allowed a 100% completion percentage and a TD last week. His 158.3 passer rating allowed ranked as the very worst among ALL cornerbacks in Week 1. Since being drafted in 2018, he’s been a bit of a disappointment making the case for being a below average corner. Willie Snead lit him up for 2 completions for 39 yards in Week 1 … each good for 19 and 20 yards. Thomas allowed an 18th worst 18.3 yards per catch last week too.

credit to some dude on Reddit. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

16. Tyler Boyd vs. Tavierre Thomas (CLE)

Thomas allowed a 100% completion percentage and a TD last week. His 158.3 passer rating allowed ranked as the very worst among ALL cornerbacks in Week 1. Since being drafted in 2018, he’s been a bit of a disappointment making the case for being a below average corner. Willie Snead lit him up for 2 completions for 39 yards in Week 1 … each good for 19 and 20 yards. Thomas allowed an 18th worst 18.3 yards per catch last week too.

credit to some dude on Reddit. 

This is definitely a get right matchup for the Bengals offense. Boyd & Green should do just fine. Everyone will look back and see that the Chargers defense is above average.

I'm rolling him out tonight. Get right match-up. I was honestly most encouraged by Burrow's play in his first start against a tough defense. Green looks back but I'm not expecting him for a full season anyway. If Burrow is this good there's room for two guys to eat in the passing game. 

• Like 2