gbill2004

Dallas Goedert 2020 Outlook

I'm surprised there's no thread yet for him. Thoughts/projections for him this season? Could be a big year for Goedert with the mess at receiver position for the Eagles. 

Iggles can be Gronk/Hernandez lite if Pedey runs that "12" the way he should, given the paucity of quality WR depth - if someone goes "Zero TE" (is that a thing?), well, then DG is the pluck, though i could see him going top 12, especially given the peripherals laid out above. 

• Like 1

I'm coming around a little on Goedert.

I saw that contract talks with Ertz broke down so the Eagles seem set on Goedert as the future. Could see an uptick of snaps from last year and he was already a top 10 TE in 2019. I could see him cracking 800 yards with 5-8 TDs. Much more if Ertz misses time (sportsinjurypredictor.com projecting he misses 2.4 games this year, no idea how accurate they are). Eagles still thin at WR with Jeffrey out for the first part of the season and Reagor likely to miss week 1 and is still a rookie so who knows what impact he'll make.

He put up huge week 1 numbers.  8 / 101 / TD

Goedert > Ertz  ROS - opinions?

1 minute ago, Sivaro said:

Look at the number of targets Goedert got end of last season and playoffs, given the games were without Alshon. Not sure about better ROS, but I can see them being pretty close stat-wise and Goedert offering far better draft value.

7 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

He might be. Setting up for the future when Ertz leaves.

I dropped Goedert for Jonnu last minute and seriously kicking myself now. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Ertz still had 7 targets to Goederts 9 - While I agree he will be featured more and more, it may be too early to tell who emerges this year as the go to guy.

• Like 1

have him in a league where I have Kittle. might see if I can sell high but he's definitely going to be a huge part of the offense

With how crappy the Eagles oline is, I could see the Eagles putting a strong emphasis on quick short throws, feeding both Ertz and Goedert.

• Like 1

This is why I avoided Ertz this year, I was watching Eagles games last year and Goedert was consistently targeted and looked good. Looks like a late round steal now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Anyone pick up this stud on waivers and smile yesterday ? 

Sadly, no. He's yet another one of the hot waiver wire adds that I had on my watchlist, but was too indecisive with.

Edited by stigmatadiacory

52 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

This is why I avoided Ertz this year, I was watching Eagles games last year and Goedert was consistently targeted and looked good. Looks like a late round steal now.

I drafted him relatively late in a re-draft dynasty league as my TE1.  Let's hope the Goeddert production we saw yesterday continues this season!

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see snap counts from yesterday's game but you have to think the extra attention Ertz garners obviously helps Goedert here.

He is on my bench but waiting to see his snap% from yesterday but he looks really good in this offense and picking up where he left off from the 2nd half of last season.

If you watch him play, Goedert is more dynamic and athletic IMO.  Ertz is a better route runner and more of a possession guy but Goedert brings another play-making component that Ertz doesn't have which is why I think they are hesitant on signing him to a big contract.  Who knows about an in-season trade but Eagles fan are sensing a changing of the guard but that might be premature.  Regardless, I don't think you can ignore his surge from the 2nd half of last season to now.  Jump on the train and see how this plays out.

• Like 2

Due to Covid concerns I cuffed Ertz w him.

Do I really bench Ertz?

Gonna get the bends chasing points each week and starting the wrong guy I can feel it

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Due to Covid concerns I cuffed Ertz w him.

Do I really bench Ertz?

Gonna get the bends chasing points each week and starting the wrong guy I can feel it

I am near 100% sure Goedert is the man to start.   Ertz is not happy, and everyone knows his time is short.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Do we have Goedert's snap count yet?  

Goedert: 54 snaps | Ertz: 58 snaps

Ertz also had a late game drop 0_0

• Thanks 1

The fact that the Eagles' receiving corps is a dumpster fire adds to the appeal here.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Anyone pick up this stud on waivers and smile yesterday ? 

No I missed and been drinking ever since

Ertz isn't going anywhere. But the team will likely employ a lot of 12 personnel.

How much in general would he cost (FAAB) to pick up? This is my first year playing FAAB style and don't want to overspend.

Edited by jkendrick2
Punctuation