gbill2004

Dallas Goedert 2020 Outlook

Ertz now out a firm 4-6 weeks as opposed to the 3-4 originally reported.  Just grabbed him on waivers with the hope he could play next week. 

Choo Choo!

Ertz out 4-6 weeks. Perfect opportunity  for Goedzilla to wreak havoc.

spacer.png

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

If Goedert can get back onto the field...

• Thanks 1

i was really hesitant to pick him up before.  now i'm trying to convince myself to pick him up now.  the only thing i'm concerned with is if he ends up becoming a stash and not usable until a few weeks from now because as of now, we haven't heard any news or timetable of him coming back. 

• Like 1

Just now, nk2333 said:

i was really hesitant to pick him up before.  now i'm trying to convince myself to pick him up now.  the only thing i'm concerned with is if he ends up becoming a stash and not usable until a few weeks from now because as of now, we haven't heard any news or timetable of him coming back. 

Grab him now.  You aren't starting him for a few weeks anyway but he was a target monster before he got hurt.  He could put up top 5 numbers easily when healthy

• Like 1

I picked him up and will just stream from the Shultz/Ebron/Hooper/Cook tier for the time being. Let’s hope he is back next week. 

This stuff goes different than expected sometimes. Don't get me wrong, once he's back healthy he's a locked and loaded TE1 without Ertz, but you would've thought Ertz would absolutely kill it without Goedert and he did nothing. 

We may find out that Ertz opened things up for Goedert. Hopefully not, but receiving options don't always perform better when other top guys are out. 

• Like 1

Now being reported he is set for a Week 10 return according to Mike Garafolo. 

Edited by johnnyboy8102
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

That sux. Stashing an injured TE for 3 weeks is not ideal.

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I agree but I will surely regret it if I drop and he gets scooped up.  I think he will produce top 5 numbers from week 10 on.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Awful. I figured this would be the case. All of the reports pertaining to this week just stated "he was eligible" to return because it had been 3 weeks already and not due to him actually being ready to return. 

Eagles place TE Zach Ertz (ankle) on injured reserve. 

Ertz will miss at least three games after joining TE Dallas Goedert, WR Jalen Reagor, OT Andre Dillard, OL Jason Peters, and G Isaac Seumalo on IR. Ertz's high ankle sprain could keep him out until the end of November. Goedert (ankle) could return soon and become a target funnel for Carson Wentz in an offense besieged by injuries. Fantasy players should pick up Goedert anywhere he's been dropped by frustrated managers. 

2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Worth the wait imo. Could be a real difference maker for teams who’ve been struggling at TE every week. 

I agree.  I am holding

Depends on league. If there are IR spots or big benches of course I am holding. 

But in a small bench (5 or so spots) league with no IR it’s really hard to hold on too a TE for that long. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Depends on league. If there are IR spots or big benches of course I am holding. 

But in a small bench (5 or so spots) league with no IR it’s really hard to hold on too a TE for that long. 

*to not too

Pick up Richard Rodgers for immediate production.

Goedert and Ertz are just good for IR at the moment.

1 hour ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

This was always the obvious (and smart) timeline for this injury. 

if you have a dead spot on your roster then  go for it, stash him but the problem is passing on usable players to stash a guy who might  be back week  10.  and with it being mid to late in the season, it could be irrelevent because you're out of the running by then

• Like 1

I doubt they'll be able to trade Ertz now with the injury but this would have been fantastic for Goedert's ROS:

5 minutes ago, YK35 said:

Any news on a possible return this week?

Raegor was activated from IR this week but may not play until after the bye.  Goedert has not yet been activated.  So it is definitely not looking good for Goedert for week 8.