gbill2004

Dallas Goedert 2020 Outlook

Yes Rodgers is a drop.

Goedert will probably not pop his first game back, but he will lower the ceilings of all the other Eagles pass-catchers.

You know he's fully healthy if they activate him the week before their bye.

Fire him up, let's goooooooo!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Picked him up early solely based on the optimism of the people in this thread. Shout out you guys

I'm always leery of starting a guy his first game back from injury, but as someone mentioned, with their bye next week (and the Cowboys on the slate) it just seems extremely dumb for them to put him out there at less than 100%, which leads you to believe he is. 

That said I think it'd be unrealistic to expect a completely full workload. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

The Eagles need anyone who can catch a football badly, depending on who you have been starting even being his first game back, it may be worth it to throw him into your lineup. I have been using Jimmy Graham, who has a nice matchup but still may throw Goedert in. 

Can’t be worse than the tight ends I’ve been rolling out like gesicki and Schultz 

Rolling him out over Engram.  Half of a game from Goedert is better than a full game from Engram.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Rolling him out over Engram.  Half of a game from Goedert is better than 2 full games from Engram.

Fixed. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Guys who are wrried about first game back...see hunter henry last year...dude killled it...an i started him...you start your stud wit zero hesitation 

• Like 1

[...] I highly doubt the team plays him one week before the bye without him Being 100%. 

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 2

Typical recovery for this injury is 4-6 weeks and he's now at 5 weeks since the injury, so likely he's at 100% health. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, affliction said:

Can’t be worse than the tight ends I’ve been rolling out like gesicki and Schultz 

Can’t be worse the Evan Engram, no doubt.

• Like 1

[...] I'd say fire him up if you got him and a spot for him to play (assuming you don't have one of the top options).  

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

37 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Typical recovery for this injury is 4-6 weeks and he's now at 5 weeks since the injury, so likely he's at 100% health. 

4-6 weeks for a high ankle sprain? or 4-6 weeks for a high ankle sprain plus fractured tibia?

2 minutes ago, GeneralTsou said:

4-6 weeks for a high ankle sprain? or 4-6 weeks for a high ankle sprain plus fractured tibia?

Non displaced ankle fracture, which is what he had. 

9 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

[...] I'd say fire him up if you got him and a spot for him to play (assuming you don't have one of the top options).  

He has the best matchup for sure

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Ertz is under contract next year--8.25 MM base with another 4.2 MM in bonus due.

I still am of the belief that Dallas was taking over and will continue to do so once he is ready to go. Ertz has a high ankle sprain and won't be good for some time.

Wow I was way wrong on that then. Thanks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dynst1988 said:

[...] I highly doubt the team plays him one week before the bye without him Being 100%. 

Not only that I doubt they play him now if there arent going to give him a good majority of the snaps

With ertz out, I feel this will be a Dallas goedert game, philly is going to funnel their passing game through goedert to see how he will be as the main TE. And then they’ll move on from ertz this off-season

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 0-5 said:

Not only that I doubt they play him now if there arent going to give him a good majority of the snaps

His return seems so sudden.  So I'm thinking he either healed faster than expected and really is 100%.

Or are The Eagles so low on weapons in a critical game they are desperate for anything if even just a decoy for the first couple quarters?

If I knew for sure it was the first one I'd love to start him.  But I have a worry it could be the second.

24 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

His return seems so sudden.  So I'm thinking he either healed faster than expected and really is 100%.

Or are The Eagles so low on weapons in a critical game they are desperate for anything if even just a decoy for the first couple quarters?

If I knew for sure it was the first one I'd love to start him.  But I have a worry it could be the second.

I don’t think they mess w his injury just to activate and play as a decoy...that’s just ridiculous 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

I don’t think they mess w his injury just to activate and play as a decoy...that’s just ridiculous 

... so you have a hunch that it is ridiculous?... yet it happens multiple times every season.

• Like 1