gbill2004

Dallas Goedert 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

How much in general would he cost (FAAB) to pick up? This is my first year playing FAAB style and don't want to overspend.

Depends on league but in general I'd say 10-15%. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

How much in general would he cost (FAAB) to pick up? This is my first year playing FAAB style and don't want to overspend.

30 or more. TE is hard to find a stud

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

30 or more. TE is hard to find a stud

You're assuming he's a stud, which we don't know yet. 

Picked him off waivers in both leagues.

Can't believe he was available.

2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

You're assuming he's a stud, which we don't know yet. 

You should really check the second half of last year's stats. He was consistently studly. He had a great floor last year, started off slow because he was a second year TE and then really picked up the pace. Virtually never put up a bad line.

Third year TE at 25 finally putting his ceiling together and outpacing the TE that couldn't get a new contract? Not sure how you would have more of a lock for a future stud than that.

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

You should really check the second half of last year's stats. He was consistently studly. He had a great floor last year, started off slow because he was a second year TE and then really picked up the pace. Virtually never put up a bad line.

Third year TE at 25 finally putting his ceiling together and outpacing the TE that couldn't get a new contract? Not sure how you would have more of a lock for a future stud than that.

Future stud I agree. This season we still don't know. 

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Feel free to wait.

Look, I own Goedert. I hope you're right, and I think you will be. But it's still too early to call Dallas Goedert a "stud" TE. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Look, I own Goedert. I hope you're right, and I think you will be. But it's still too early to call Dallas Goedert a "stud" TE. 

THIS

I drafted him as my TE1 with the hope of him breaking out/Ertz contract situation in flux & I still feel the same way as you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Philly doesn't fix their Oline issues, it'll continue to be the two TE show. With Sanders out I think that made way for a little more targets for Goedert. 

I was amazed at how overlooked he was. Just didn't make sense. You could get him extremely late in drafts. And as evidenced above, apparently he wasn't even drafted in a lot of leagues. 

There wasn't really anything to suggest he'd fall off from last year, and there's always the "handcuff" to Ertz idea where he'd be a top 4 TE. 

I agree still early to just label him a 'Stud Elite TE' , but everything is pointing in that direction.

And am I missing something about Lamar Miller ? that bum is still a FA last I checked. 

Ertz is still there and healthy currently : That's his biggest obstacle to land in the 1% of the 1% 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I agree still early to just label him a 'Stud Elite TE' , but everything is pointing in that direction.

And am I missing something about Lamar Miller ? that bum is still a FA last I checked. 

Ertz is still there and healthy currently : That's his biggest obstacle to land in the 1% of the 1% 

Who called him elite?

Just wondering.

I called him a stud TE no doubt. He has stand alone value at the TE position which is highly volatile week to week outside the top 4. So a TE like Goedert is a stud TE and IF Ertz got dinged or traded then Goedert would be elite.

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Who called him elite?

Just wondering.

I called him a stud TE no doubt. He has stand alone value at the TE position which is highly volatile week to week outside the top 4. So a TE like Goedert is a stud TE and IF Ertz got dinged or traded then Goedert would be elite.

Stud , elite . Potato .. pohtato . Tomtato / Schmato 

I'm more interested in this Lamar Miller cat. Tell me more 😝

Just here busting chops .. you know me, still the same OG. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Who called him elite?

Just wondering.

DHC just to let u know, I respect ur takes....one big reason why is because u were the only person on these threads talking about Derrick Henry breaking out a couple yrs ago when he was battling with Dion Lewis as the main back in Tennessee, I was supporting Lewis cause he was on my squad and not agreeing with u on Henry. Henry took over late in the season and went off and then carried it into last season. I scooped him up in last years draft in the 5th as my RB1 and league mates said he’s a plodder/he can’t catch/he’s ur RB1 and laughing at me Hahahaha....guess what I shredded my league and he was a big reason why. 👍🏼 Much respect brother 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

DHC just to let u know, I respect ur takes....one big reason why is because u were the only person on these threads talking about Derrick Henry breaking out a couple yrs ago when he was battling with Dion Lewis as the main back in Tennessee, I was supporting Lewis cause he was on my squad and not agreeing with u on Henry. Henry took over late in the season and went off and then carried it into last season. I scooped him up in last years draft in the 5th as my RB1 and league mates said he’s a plodder/he can’t catch/he’s ur RB1 and laughing at me Hahahaha....guess what I shredded my league and he was a big reason why. 👍🏼 Much respect brother 

I hate his takes, the man is Coo Coo for Coco Puffs for all things Bama' related. 

Don't even get me started on Derrick Henry 😜

@DerrickHenrysCleats ❤️

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

@gbill2004 & @DerrickHenrysCleats how about instead of bashing each other, we just stick to the topic?! If you want to bash, take it offline. Thanks!

Yes sir, my apologies.

What I like about Goedert and why I think he is worth 30 FAAB is because of the lack of reliable talent in the WR core.

They have boom or bust guys like DJax and Reagor but they don't have any consistent fantasy stud WR with Alshon out. That leads me to believe the eagles will rely more heavily on the guys they trust the most and Goedert has emerged as a legit weapon even with Ertz still there. From week 9 on last season he never.got less than 6 targets and has as many as 12. If he is available on the waiver wire for some odd reason I would easily spend 30 FAAB on him because I expect his role this year with the lack of receiving options to increase compared to last year giving nice consistent production from a position that is a notorious wasteland if you don't have one of the top guys. 

If Ertz gets hurt or traded Goedert will be up there will kittle/kelce/andrews

• Like 3

I got Goedert in all my leagues as my backup TE. I made it a must to get him, even in all my mock drafts. Usually got him anywhere from the 12th rd- 13th rd, made that my target area for him. If anyone was paying attention last yr, he did very well, especially last 7 games, very consistent even with Ertz. Eagles do run 12 personnel alot, maybe because of their lack of WR talent or all the injuries they usually deal with at that position, but they have 2 very gd TE’s so it works. Goedert has standalone value and if Ertz gets injured or traded it’s “possible” he joins that Elite group of Kelce/Kittle/Andrews.

2019 Stats

58recs

87targets

607yds

5tds

• Thanks 1

Sigmund Bloom just retweeted a PHI beat writer:

Follow through to the beat writer's tweet, and you get a link to the article (which is unfortunately locked behind a paywall). But there are a lot of comments to the beat writer's tweet that discuss, and help us make out, some of what was written.

Goedert value could skyrocket. Ertz's value is very murky depending on if this happens, and where he lands. Lots of other pieces in play as well if there is a trade - who shows up in PHI? What does it do to their value? To Wentz's value?

(posting this in the Ertz thread as well).

Edited by JAG_challam
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Sigmund Bloom just retweeted a PHI beat writer:

Follow through to the beat writer's tweet, and you get a link to the article (which is unfortunately locked behind a paywall). But there are a lot of comments to the beat writer's tweet that discuss, and help us make out, some of what was written.

Goedert value could skyrocket. Ertz's value is very murky depending on if this happens, and where he lands. Lots of other pieces in play as well if there is a trade - who shows up in PHI? What does it do to their value? To Wentz's value?

(posting this in the Ertz thread as well).

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What I like about Goedert and why I think he is worth 30 FAAB is because of the lack of reliable talent in the WR core.

This is exactly right and I'm on record as well on this topic.  Philly's WR room is one of the weakest I've ever seen on a decent NFL team.  Alshon is a good player but never plays.  Everyone else is a "who is this guy?" kind of dart throw, including a number of rookies and 2nd year guys who may or may not be good eventually but are totally unproven.  Reagor is a rookie burner who will probably not be a true #1 WR and, even if he becomes one, it probably won't happen right away.  (Rookies without camp are up against it even worse than usual.)  It appears JJAW is going to be a total bust.  There were plenty of red flags on him coming out of college and he's shown nothing so far.  Desean Jackson turns 34 this season and has never exactly been a possession guy.  Something called Greg Ward had 7 targets in the opener.  I'd never heard of him before, probably because I don't follow the San Antonio Commanders of the AAF.

Remember when McNabb was in Philly and the media talked about how bad his WR corps was?  That was positively beastly compared to this group when Alshon is hurt.  Unless Alshon gets back to full health,or JJAW/Reagor develop something quickly, this team doesn't have a single WR who could start as more than a 3rd receiver for any team with any aspirations.  Philly's pass-catching tree is going to be Ertz and Goedert as 1/1a (you can guess at the order), with a RB or D-Jax as the #3 option.  

• Like 1