gbill2004

Dallas Goedert 2020 Outlook

Who knows maybe Ertz coming back helps this offense.

But not sure how I feel about that as a Goedert stock holder.

However this team loves 2 TE's sets. So prolly a wash there

Richard Rodgers snap counts and targets should all be soaked up be Ertz.

Eagles need to start running the damn ball, work the short field with quick strikes to Goedert & Ertz. 

Then play action bomb once in awhile to Jalen Reagor. 

Do that ... and a W ensues. 

Best case scenario is that Richie Rich is fired into the sun when Ertz returns. If that's the outcome then Goedert remains fantasy relevant, although I would expect his targets to decline no matter what.

Edited by MingusDew

I expect Ertz to have a negative impact on Goedert's targets but not his snaps, with the potential tailwind being a more competent offense that leads to longer drives and more TD opportunities. It may be something of a wash, hopefully.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GoVols98 said:

He was better than Ertz when Ertz was healthy, he's the best TE they got. Keep rolling him out. 

Agreed. DG will still get his even after Ertz comes back and it might open things up even more for him. 2 TE sets are a staple of the Eagles offense and he had 17 targets through week 2 playing alongside Ertz.

I think it's just going to be a crapshot week to week. I don't think Wentz is good enough to give any of these TE or WR consistent production. Adding Ertz back to the mix does have potential to hinder Geodert's production. I wouldn't expect many performances like the past 2 games. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Theschill38 said:

I think it's just going to be a crapshot week to week. I don't think Wentz is good enough to give any of these TE or WR consistent production. Adding Ertz back to the mix does have potential to hinder Geodert's production. I wouldn't expect many performances like the past 2 games. 

good thing youre not getting paid to give your opinion, yikes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DezDynastyBryant said:

good thing youre not getting paid to give your opinion, yikes

I dunno ...this seems like exactly the sort of analysis ESPN would pay big money for 

19 hours ago, Theschill38 said:

Agreed Wentz is terrible, and the long ball is atrocious. 

So lot's of dink & dunks to the TE's and RB's.  I'm fine with that 

And he runs the occasional go route. Theres nothing not to like here

My main concern is Ertz, is he rejuvenated or is it the same guy from this year ( a disappointment  )

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Agreed Wentz is terrible, and the long ball is atrocious. 

So lot's of dink & dunks to the TE's and RB's.  I'm fine with that 

And he runs the occasional go route. Theres nothing not to like here

My main concern is Ertz, is he rejuvenated or is it the same guy from this year ( a disappointment  )

There's plenty of room for Goedert to still feast even if Ertz makes like Lazarus. PHI's WR's are some of the worst in the league.

3 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

There's plenty of room for Goedert to still feast even if Ertz makes like Lazarus. PHI's WR's are some of the worst in the league.

Very true, that's the saving grace which allows Ertz + Goedert to co-exist and produce.

Also we know Philly loves 2 TE sets.

If Carson can get it together, I see both these dudes finishing strong. 

3 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

I dunno ...this seems like exactly the sort of analysis ESPN would pay big money for 

I think it's not exclusive to ESPN.  Philadelphia subcribes to this notion too.  They just did this very thing - have a guy step in to fill a role, play very, very well only to take a backseat to a former starter off injury who is more washed than Ertz.  We've seen this story before.  Makes no difference how well Goedert or Fulgham produced to the Eagles.

I don't think Goedert is ironclad to be an autostart TE due to incompetent leaders of that team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JAG said:

I think it's not exclusive to ESPN.  Philadelphia subcribes to this notion too.  They just did this very thing - have a guy step in to fill a role, play very, very well only to take a backseat to a former starter off injury who is more washed than Ertz.  We've seen this story before.  Makes no difference how well Goedert or Fulgham produced to the Eagles.

I don't think Goedert is ironclad to be an autostart TE due to incompetent leaders of that team.

There's what? 3 TEs that are auto-starts? Goedert has been playing close to that. He's as good as it gets with the rest of the bunch that is up and down. The snaps are there. The routes are there. The targets are there. The redzone looks are there. Even with Ertz returning, Goedert is a guy I'll risk over Smith, Fant, Hurst, Ebron, and all the rest in that group.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Furgham has been playing close to that. He's as good as it gets with the rest of the bunch that is up and down. The snaps are there. The routes are there. The targets are there. The redzone looks are there. Even with Jeffery returning, Furgham is a guy I'll risk over Corey Davis, Robbie Anderson, Chark, Jeudy, and all the rest in that group.

Edited to show how fast things can change.  I get it that TE2020 is a crap shoot, but the return of Ertz has as good of a chance to hinder this better player in the same way.  Yes, I'm an owner of both Fulgham and Goedert.  I'm prepared for the worst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Edited to show how fast things can change.  I get it that TE2020 is a crap shoot, but the return of Ertz has as good of a chance to hinder this better player in the same way.  Yes, I'm an owner of both Fulgham and Goedert.  I'm prepared for the worst.

I just honestly don’t understand your argument at all...Godert is like any TE he could have a big game or down game any given day but his usage has been the same all year when healthy both with and without ertz and going into last season.  Unless you have Waller, Kelce etc he’s as good a start as they come.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAG said:

17 targets. 12 catches. 131 yards. 1 TD. 16 points week 1. 3 week 2.

This is with Ertz. The fact that he can put up an 8/101/1 line with Ertz is nice. I would hope Goedert is 1A and Ertz is 1B now. I just think the potential will still be there.

Plus it looks like they’ll need to throw a lot these next 3 weeks. They have Green Bay, New Orleans, and Arizona.

Edited by tpat30
  • Like 3

Goedert is the #1 option for Wentz in the RZ, don't see that changing w Ertz back. As has been mentioned in this thread, he did just fine when Ertz was in the lineup this season (and last season). Also Goedert is a lot more athletic than Ertz and he's running deep routes now and getting targeted on those deep routes too. When Ertz was healthy his aDot was super low and he also couldn't get separation from his coverage, so he prob won't be taking away any of those deep yardage producing targets.  Ertz will maybe eat into Goedert's snaps and overall targets slightly, but I don't see him as a threat to Goedert's production, same as Rick Rodgers wasn't.

• Like 1