gbill2004

Dallas Goedert 2020 Outlook

Just now, scheibler said:

So you guys think a trade gets done during the season or after?

Eagles might throw in the towel by week 4

The trick is finding the team that will pay high picks for him.

Just now, Sivaro said:

Eagles might throw in the towel by week 4

The trick is finding the team that will pay high picks for him.

Dallas is a perfect fit, but unlikely to trade within the division. 

Just now, gbill2004 said:

Dallas is a perfect fit, but unlikely to trade within the division. 

Seattle would be intererested. I would think.

50 minutes ago, scheibler said:

So you guys think a trade gets done during the season or after?

I would be stunned if Ertz is traded this season.  This "force a trade" stuff doesn't work great in the NFL and, when it does, it almost never works during the season.

I think it’s better on our part to speculate his usage with Ertz moving forward. Always trade talk with players in contract years/nearing end of contracts that never materializes. So the question is does he see the same volume he did in week 1 ROS?

1 hour ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I think it’s better on our part to speculate his usage with Ertz moving forward. Always trade talk with players in contract years/nearing end of contracts that never materializes. So the question is does he see the same volume he did in week 1 ROS?

Great question.

i think so. They're hurting for receivers, and the o-line is shaky in pass protection which means Wentz needs to get the ball out quicker, leading to more TE receptions. I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Great question.

i think so. They're hurting for receivers, and the o-line is shaky in pass protection which means Wentz needs to get the ball out quicker, leading to more TE receptions. I could be wrong.

agree with this. On paper, it looks like PHI has a tough schedule, when looking at def covering TE. Any concerns?

Ertz has 2 years remaining - would be surprised to see him moved now unless they can get o-line help.

If the team continues to bomb, a trade mid season isn’t out of the question but still think Ertz helps them more than not.

Still, don’t see them moving away from 12 personnel with all the injuries on offense.  Goedert set his mark in the 2nd half of last season and into week 1.  Should absolutely crush his ADP and usage alone should make him a TE1 IMO.  Big upside if Ertz gets dealt and dynasty owners should buy shares immediately.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

I have a gut feeling this guy is going to be great

I like your gut!

Some tight end “analyst” on twitter is recommending jimmy graham over Goedert. I told him he’s insane and that is horrible advice. He took great offense and doubled down on the take.  

He’s crazy right?

18 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

Some tight end “analyst” on twitter is recommending jimmy graham over Goedert. I told him he’s insane and that is horrible advice. He took great offense and doubled down on the take.  

He’s crazy right?

Yes

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

He’s crazy right?

#PisEdiRin ? 

• Haha 9

But but but...he's a backup!

:D

Kudos to those who drafted him even though he was the "backup". I passed on him as a late-round TE and regret it big time. Always loved his game just didn't think Egglez could have two fantasy stud TE's. They're not both finishing top-6 or anything but should be pretty reliable starters. If either of them break through I believe it will be Goedert

9 hours ago, cgu112 said:

He’s crazy right?

It's not that crazy, Graham had a great volume in week 1 and was targeted a lot in the redzone. Goedert has a lot of competition with Ertz, I'm not saying I agree with him though, but I can understand why he thinks that way

"leeg winner!!1!1!!1!!1!1!" is usually reserved for rbs, but this cat has it stamped all over him - and if Ertz is moved? well, then you slide right behind Kelce. 

even if it stays status quo, this chap is gonna be on a great deal of 'chip rosters. 

you can book that. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

13 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Does anyone else have a tough choice to make between him and Hurst?

Yes, had to pickup Goedart as insurance. Id still give Hurst some more time personally.

45 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Even worse... I have to choose between he & Ertz. 

1 hour ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Yep, drafted both during my dynasty start up. Surely started Hurst in week one not taking into account against whom he was playing and that Eagles WR depth chart is non existing.

But I'm standing here again not knowing who to start. I still tend to Hurst in week two. Think Dallas is the easier matchup than Rams when you're playing without an O-Line. But I might be crazy and just start Goedert in the Flex over Tyler Boyd.