gbill2004

Dallas Goedert 2020 Outlook

Goedert is a nice stash for folks with an IR slot. Eagles receiving corp will remain pathetic for the foreseeable future

• Like 1

Man how long are we expecting Goedert to be out? I need him back ASAP.

3 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Me too, hopefully week 7.

5 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Me too, hopefully week 7.

I see a few people think it will be a Week 10 return, week 7 would be nice. Eagles will be in a race to win the division so I’d expect them to get him back out there sooner than later.

9 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

I see a few people think it will be a Week 10 return, week 7 would be nice. Eagles will be in a race to win the division so I’d expect them to get him back out there sooner than later.

Wishful thinking on my behalf, I suppose. He’s eligible to return week 7. Doesn’t mean he will. Not sure where the week 10 timeline is coming from.

2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Wishful thinking on my behalf, I suppose. He’s eligible to return week 7. Doesn’t mean he will. Not sure where the week 10 timeline is coming from.

Eagles have a week 9 bye....

With the Eagles' bye week 9 (as of now anyway), week 10 was always the most realistic expectation IMO. 

2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

That’s where yahoo has him returning also, right after the week 9 bye. I’m holding him in my IR spots in 2 leagues as long as I can, TE position drier then the Atacama Desert 🌵 these days.

Edited by Tomei7

52 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

That’s where yahoo has him returning also, right after the week 9 bye. I’m holding him in my IR spots in 2 leagues as long as I can, TE position drier then the Atacama Desert 🌵 these days.

definitely holding - could be a major boost for the stretch run/playoffs

13 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Can't find any timeline for this injury anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

Get to da choppah!!!

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

With the Eagles' bye week 9 (as of now anyway), week 10 was always the most realistic expectation IMO. 

Ok, I get that. I guess it really depends on where he’s at with his recovery. Philly offense is a mess and they need him back asap. If he’s ready to play, no way do they have the luxury of sitting him weeks 7 AND 8 just because of the bye in week 9. 

• Like 1

I could see Dallas coming back in Week 8 when the Eagles play Dallas on SNF. Big game in terms of division standings and Eagles will need Goedert if Ertz continues to look cooked

Swooped him off waivers in my 14 teamer where I've been starting Hurst. Ertz hasn't taken advantage. 

Just now, rasto21585 said:

So since Ertz got banged up today, does Goedert return to play for Thursday's game?

This. Has anyone heard anything about his injury? 

6 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

This. Has anyone heard anything about his injury? 

I heard rumblings about a possible week 10 return, after the bye. But nothing official. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

I heard rumblings about a possible week 10 return, after the bye. But nothing official. 

Hopefully

I'm not a medical expert, but it seems like only missing 3 weeks for a fractured ankle is a little too optimistic?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I'm not a medical expert, but it seems like only missing 3 weeks for a fractured ankle is a little too optimistic?

Agreed. I don’t think we see him until after their bye (week 10). That’s the timeframe I heard initially 

Hoping for week 8 in a divisional matchup that will probably be must win.

I don't see how he will be ready on a short week.  Maybe an activation from IR and get in some practice but he is only 3 weeks removed from injury.  Doubt he is ready and that is a real shame because dude would be an insta-TE1.

6 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

I don't see how he will be ready on a short week.  Maybe an activation from IR and get in some practice but he is only 3 weeks removed from injury.  Doubt he is ready and that is a real shame because dude would be an insta-TE1.

Still might be, whenever the return does occur.  Could really use it this week though.