Rotoworld.com Forums

Duke Johnson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Duke Johnson thread is the exact same, every single year, no matter what. "Not just a handcuff!" "He's not just a CoP!" "He's the best back on the team." "That guy they signed

Drop him before the game and save yourself the headache. 

Posted Images

I'm still really high on him. How many guys can you say will get a majority of the snaps on an offense that is more than competent. He is definitely volume based, but if he can get 15 touches, his floor should remain high. Comes down to whether he can break one loose and if he can find the end zone. I fully expect him to get worked into the passing game this week. I'm throwing last weeks game out, that game was played in awful weather.

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I think Tunsil out really was felt. Duke was constantly hammered in the backfield. At least he worked in via the pass.

Not going away now with the swiss cheese Lions defensive front and the snap share Duke will get.

agreed - Duke didnt show much but most of his runs were blown up in the backfield before he even had a chance....i may go one more game then dump 

5 hours ago, The G Man said:

Guess I was wrong about ol' Duke. He ain't all that. Damn. Really thought I had a decent Flex play with him. 

Any word on David Johnson's health status? He's got one more game on the IR, right? 

He cant play Thanksgiving vs the Lions. Duke's backfield for one more week if that means anything.

2 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Kind of a nightmare scenario this week. His usage is great but the line is terrible and for the most part, he is JAG. I think Detroit gives up the most fantasy points to opposing RB’s. Hopefully Tunsil is back this week.

I dont think his usage his great. Watson doesnt like to target RBs and so Duke isnt being used to his main strength.

Going to be hard not to start him unless you have way better options. He is going to get 15+ touches against a defense that can’t stop opposing RB’s.

The one drawback with any RB on a team with a running QB is that they aren’t always first in line near the goal line. Watson probably has as good of a chance if not better than running a score in than the RB.

Man, I don’t have the stomach to start him again. It feels like we’re constantly rationalizing starting him but when game time rolls around, we quickly regret it. The only upside he provides is hoping he breaks loose once and finds the end zone. His best asset is his pass-catching but Watson seems averse to dump-offs. And inside the five yard line, they’re way more likely to let Watson keep it himself. The poster above claiming 4-11 points any given week seems pretty accurate. 

• Like 1

What I see is a team that just doesn’t like to run. It’s a mindset. Obviously it’s most likely a mindset driven by the fact the both the O-Line and RB is trash. Nonetheless, they have to at least believe they CAN run the ball for it to work. 

I honestly believe that every time a running play is called that the entire team considers it a wasted play before the ball is even snapped. 

David Johnson was concussed in the Jacksonville game, right? In his absence, Duke has logged 40 carries for 110 yards (2.75 YPC) and caught 7 passes (on 9 targets) for 52 yards (7.42 YPR). He also has a fumble lost and ZERO TD's. 

I think I'd rather take my chances with Z. Moss in a timeshare than continue to beat my head against the wall with Duke just because he's getting all of the backfield opportunities. I mean, you have to good at running the ball and clearly he's not. And, they're not committed to it, at all.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, CletisVanDamme said:

David Johnson going down was the worst thing that could've happened to my team over the last two weeks...and I'm not even a David Johnson owner lol

Dook owes us this week guys...think he'll finally deliver.

Thought I was pretty savvy picking him up before DJ was ruled out but turns out I'm just a schmuck! 

I'm not falling for the matchup. It's tempting to play him against Detroit's swiss cheese defense but he's just not featured in this offense and now you have to factor in CJ Prosise who will get some looks. If Prosise shows a pulse then Duke might be relegated to backup duties again. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

Thought I was pretty savvy picking him up before DJ was ruled out but turns out I'm just a schmuck! 

I'm not falling for the matchup. It's tempting to play him against Detroit's swiss cheese defense but he's just not featured in this offense and now you have to factor in CJ Prosise who will get some looks. If Prosise shows a pulse then Duke might be relegated to backup duties again. 

Prosise is no more than a backup to give Johnson a break. Johnson still got 77% of the snaps, that’s about as high as it gets for a RB. It just comes down to what he can do with his touches.

2 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Prosise is no more than a backup to give Johnson a break. Johnson still got 77% of the snaps, that’s about as high as it gets for a RB. It just comes down to what he can do with his touches.

I have PTSD of starting a RB only to watch the backup come in and out produce while the coaches ride the hot hand. Not saying this will happen but it’s a possibility with how lackluster Duke has looked.