loslakes

K Drake for draft upgrade. WHIR

12 team full PPR. We keep exactly 4. As of now I am keeping Barkely, A Jones, K Drake & OBJ. We start only 3 RB max and I have the first overall pick, which I plan to use to draft CEH (KC rookie RB). So I was hoping to trade one of my RB's for a draft upgrade then I can keep ARob as well.

The trade. I give K Drake and my 4th round pick (Last pick in even rounds, so 48th overall) and I get his 1st round pick (6th overall). So I would have the 1st overall and the 6th.

With trade. I keep Barkley, A Jones, OBJ & ARob. I draft CEH and best available at 6th, probably solid WR.

Without trade. I keep Barkley, A Jones, OBJ & K Drake. I still draft CEH, which gives me 4 RB, so I would still have to trade one or sit a good RB every week. 

Really depends who’s left in the first to choose from at 6. There’s nothing wrong with having too many good RBs too. 

I think I’d do the trade and hope someone good is there at 6. Arob is still a good keeper option. 

Here are some possible players that will be available (other than all the rookies of course).

A Cooper, DJ Moore, JuJu (One of these won't be kept)

Lockett

C Carson

C Sutton or M Evans (One of these won't be kept)

Golladay, Conner or Ekeler (One of these won't be kept)

AJ Brown

ARob (If I decide to keep Wentz or K Murray instead)

Plus QB's are super important in this format. Lot's of bonuses for QB's. So getting a top 10 or better QB is big. I know Mahomes, L Jackson, Dak, R Wilson & D Watson are all being kept. So I could take K Murray or Wentz with that 6th pick. Or I could keep K Murray as my 4th instead of ARob. Then with 6th pick I could get one of those other solid WR. The more I think about it, the more I like that idea. There are more solid WR's available at 6th than QB's, if anyone takes Wentz and K Murray. In this league, people draft QB's really early. 

Posted (edited)

Player for player Aaron Jones imo is the better player but Drake is in the better situation with little competition for touches out of the backfield. For this season alone I would prefer Drake but there is no disputing Jones’s big play ability and talent. Really comes down to who you like better really.

I would also push that trade further or don’t do it. If you think about all the keepers kept pick 6 is like pick 54 and Kenyan is worth more than that. Pick up another draft pick as well is what I would do. I believe you are overthinking the situation by not wanting to have 4 high quality rbs on your team

Edited by Black_Panther

That is true. I guess I could keep the 3 RB and draft CEH and then when the season starts, I can probably get more for them at that point than a 1st (Basically a 5th rounder). 

Dear god YES get BBQ capital of the world. He's gonna explode in that offense. 

8 hours ago, loslakes said:

With trade. I keep Barkley, A Jones, OBJ & ARob. I draft CEH and best available at 6th, probably solid WR.

Without trade. I keep Barkley, A Jones, OBJ & K Drake. I still draft CEH, which gives me 4 RB, so I would still have to trade one or sit a good RB every week. 

Remember that RBs break a lot. By week 4 you'll be happy to have all 4 left, and then the byeweekpalooza starts. Really, you can never have too many RBs.

Having said that, I also don't mind the trade, but that would depend on the WR you think you can get. If that's say Nuk-Godwin, I take it. If you end up with Parker/McLaurin, I stay put.

Amount of people willing to give up Drake for essentially pick 54 is amazing. It’s an easy hold and potentially push for a trade post draft or be set at rb.