The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook

I looked but didn't see a thread for him yet. Clearly one of the more important cuffs this season (IMVHO)...

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury "feels like Chase Edmonds is a starting running back in this league."

Edmonds averaged 5.1 yards per carry last season while primarily operating as a rock-solid No. 2 back. Kingsbury believes he has even more potential, as evidenced by his 126-yard and three-touchdown Week 7 performance when David Johnson was fake active last season. Kenyan Drake is being drafted around the Round 1/2 borderline in fantasy drafts because of the expected jump this offense will take with Kyler Murray in year two and DeAndre Hopkins in the building. Edmonds has that type of upside as Drake's direct backup -- Arizona only added a seventh-round RB in the draft -- yet he's being drafted well after the 120th overall pick in fantasy drafts. As a general rule, whoever drafts Edmonds in your league is likely the smartest person in the room.

Aug 19, 2020, 3:22 PM ET

Got him late in 2 leagues that I have Drake in.  He had a couple of big games last year before he got injured and showed that he's more than capable.

this will destroy drake round 2 adp. I am glad i do not have drake in any high stakes leagues. Edmonds adp sure looks tasty. I will forever remember the giants game with edmonds when kingsbury said david johnson would start that game. I have hated kingsbury since and one of the reasons hopkins is a fade for me. Kingsbury will be dumb enough to get som jobber wr4 90 targets so kingsbury can show how smart he is. 

Must draft for Drake owners and Drake doubters.

• Like 1

Drake will be the fantasy bust of the year, I’m calling it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Drake will be the fantasy bust of the year, I’m calling it.

Kingsbury just said that Edmonds is capable of being a starting rb which he showed last year but he hasn't said yet that it will be a committee.  Drake still looks like the clear cut starter.  Edmonds will definitely mix in some but I think they still want Drake to be the main ball carrier.

1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

Kingsbury just said that Edmonds is capable of being a starting rb which he showed last year but he hasn't said yet that it will be a committee.  Drake still looks like the clear cut starter.  Edmonds will definitely mix in some but I think they still want Drake to be the main ball carrier.

Yea even saquon gets spelled with some bum back ups surely Edmonds will get some burn as well

Kingsbury had Chase Edmonds last year and he traded for Drake and started him over Chase the rest of the season.

It's training camp, plenty of puff pieces will come out on obscure guys.

Eno Benjamin could beat out Edmonds by week 8.

Edmonds is also frail.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Kingsbury had Chase Edmonds last year and he traded for Drake and started him over Chase the rest of the season.

It's training camp, plenty of puff pieces will come out on obscure guys.

Eno Benjamin could beat out Edmonds by week 8.

Edmonds is also frail.

Edmonds got hurt. Who knows how big of a role Edmonds would have played if he had stayed healthy.

19 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Edmonds got hurt. Who knows how big of a role Edmonds would have played if he had stayed healthy.

yea and the one week he was healthy he was awesome. And I wouldn’t call him frail either. The only injuries he’s ever had are pulled hamstrings.. which are not good signs but it’s not like he’s missing games from bone bruises or knee swelling or back tightness 

4 hours ago, The G Man said:

when David Johnson was fake active last season.

A good way of putting it.

So annoying!

13 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Question will remain who gets hurt first. Drakes wrist or Chase's ankle

Where's that guy with the over/under props?

17 hours ago, The G Man said:

I looked but didn't see a thread for him yet. Clearly one of the more important cuffs this season (IMVHO)...

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury "feels like Chase Edmonds is a starting running back in this league."

Edmonds averaged 5.1 yards per carry last season while primarily operating as a rock-solid No. 2 back. Kingsbury believes he has even more potential, as evidenced by his 126-yard and three-touchdown Week 7 performance when David Johnson was fake active last season. Kenyan Drake is being drafted around the Round 1/2 borderline in fantasy drafts because of the expected jump this offense will take with Kyler Murray in year two and DeAndre Hopkins in the building. Edmonds has that type of upside as Drake's direct backup -- Arizona only added a seventh-round RB in the draft -- yet he's being drafted well after the 120th overall pick in fantasy drafts. As a general rule, whoever drafts Edmonds in your league is likely the smartest person in the room.

Aug 19, 2020, 3:22 PM ET

He believed in him so much that he traded for Drake and then signed drake to a 1-year $8MM deal, or $10MM.

Coaches talk out of their @#$ on multiple occasions.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:05 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

He believed in him so much that he traded for Drake and then signed drake to a 1-year $8MM deal, or $10MM.

Coaches talk out of their @#$ on multiple occasions.

He probably traded for Drake because Edmonds got hurt and DJ was hurt/terrible. Who wouldnt trade a measly 5th round pick for Drake?

14 minutes ago, Evincar said:

He probably traded for Drake because Edmonds got hurt and DJ was hurt/terrible. Who wouldnt trade a measly 5th round pick for Drake?

but then they paid Drake. I own Edmonds in a dynasty. I would love nothing more than for Edmonds to take off. However I think Drake is the clear 1 right now. If he gets hurt I think Edmonds could be a league winner though. 

16 minutes ago, yossarian said:

but then they paid Drake. I own Edmonds in a dynasty. I would love nothing more than for Edmonds to take off. However I think Drake is the clear 1 right now. If he gets hurt I think Edmonds could be a league winner though. 

Only a one year deal. Given that Murray, Edmonds, Kirk etc are all on rookie deals they can afford to transition tag someone like Drake. Drake will be 27 in January it will be interesting to see what kind of deal he gets from Arizona or someone else.

• Like 2

I see Edmonds as one of the most valuable cuffs in the league this year, ranking him just slightly behind the likes of Latavius Murray and Mattison. He showed to be a capable starting RB last season and would be a huge return on investment if Drake were to miss any time. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up establishing some sort of standalone value in very deep leagues either. Chase is easily on my radar starting around round nine or ten in 12 team formats. 

Kenyan Drake has never played 16 games whether it be injury or not having it asked of him. If Drake goes out for a week due to injury, this guy would be an undisputed top 8 option at the position. Scat back Eno Benjamin is a late round rookie tasked with backing up Edmonds but shouldn’t be a threat to split the backfield in the event of a Drake absence. 

1 hour ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

Kenyan Drake has never played 16 games whether it be injury or not having it asked of him. If Drake goes out for a week due to injury, this guy would be an undisputed top 8 option at the position. Scat back Eno Benjamin is a late round rookie tasked with backing up Edmonds but shouldn’t be a threat to split the backfield in the event of a Drake absence. 

If you take Drake, as I've now done, I'd make sure to grab Edmonds.  If Drake goes down, he should step right in and give similar production. 

I got him at the top of the 10th (12 team).

Only worry would be if the situation devolved into a more even split, which Kingsbury hasn't seemed to indicate a tendency toward.

Chase Edmonds is my most heavily drafted player this year to date. Priority handcuff, even if ROI is high-RB2 numbers that is entirely worth the draft price.

• Like 1

What's the Dynasty outlook for Edmonds.  Currently only 24, not too much tread on the tires as a backup.  Drake only signed to a 1 year deal. 

1 hour ago, AngryBeavers said:

Scooping him everywhere. Why not? Where else are you going to find that kind of upside late?

Alexander Mattison, Latavius Murray, Tony Pollard