Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the hell is going on this year?  Drake owners are asking if they should be "wasting" a bench spot on Edmonds?  Really? One of the biggest parts of fantasy are owning the game changing handcu

That one lb of muscle makes all the difference.

... i like what you're cooking up here - seems to be crystal clear - Edmonds 'bout to explode ...    

7 Weeks of holding may finally pay off. Edmonds szn! Even with murray vulturing TDs edmonds fits the style of play of the offense better and gets passing game work. At least RB2 numbers if drake is out for a long period of time

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've held on to him in one league the entire season.  But it's been tough.  Even though Drake has looked bad, for some reason the coaches weren't giving him playing time even though he looks to have more burst.  Admittedly I did cut him in a few leagues for other upside stashes like AB and Gio this past week and I'm now regretting it.  

But it's like roulette.  I didn't own Drake anywhere, so I was merely speculating.  But you can't possibly hold every handcuff in the league, especially if you don't even own the starter.  Drake does have an injury history.  But so do guys like Dalvin Cook.  Miles had an early injury.  Saquon, CMC, Chubb... the list goes on.  

If Drake is out, I'm excited to see what I've held onto all this time.  He looked good last night and his usage was encouraging.  Getting chunk yardage on his rushes and lots of involvement in the passing game.  Kyler opens everything up for everyone.  He's going to be dynamite and what I think people thought they were getting in Drake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Wow, you have been patient, I grabbed him 3 weeks ago with Drake not showing much.Excited to see where this goes.

 

i got him late on draft day when i saw the drake owner wasn't going to get him and i figure it was worth a shot but i didn't expect drake to get hurt which i why i contemplated dropping when the ww RBs were doing something this year lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Drake's season is over it wouldn't surprise me if AZ trades for a bigger RB. Before the Jets game I recall a beat writer saying Drake was a sure thing bc AZ would be running out the clock and the staff doesn't think Edmonds is "that guy". Cards made a deadline deal last year as we all know. 

 

Edit: I think Edmonds would remain the feature back but could lose goal line work. 

Edited by rylaughlin
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CooL said:

I've held on to him in one league the entire season.  But it's been tough.  Even though Drake has looked bad, for some reason the coaches weren't giving him playing time even though he looks to have more burst.  Admittedly I did cut him in a few leagues for other upside stashes like AB and Gio this past week and I'm now regretting it.  

But it's like roulette.  I didn't own Drake anywhere, so I was merely speculating.  But you can't possibly hold every handcuff in the league, especially if you don't even own the starter.  Drake does have an injury history.  But so do guys like Dalvin Cook.  Miles had an early injury.  Saquon, CMC, Chubb... the list goes on.  

If Drake is out, I'm excited to see what I've held onto all this time.  He looked good last night and his usage was encouraging.  Getting chunk yardage on his rushes and lots of involvement in the passing game.  Kyler opens everything up for everyone.  He's going to be dynamite and what I think people thought they were getting in Drake.

 

I did the same.  Frustrating that when Drake injury happens, it's right before bye week, of course... so now we have to wait another week to see what Edmonds can do as starter (assuming Drake is out for awhile).   

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

What are some names you'd be willing to pitch for acquiring Edmonds from someone?

I'm curious how much his value is for the foreseeable future, considering Drake didn't experience any major tears or breaks.

 

Has his final injury actually been confirmed?  So far all I've seen is that X-rays are negative, which wouldn't show any tears or soft tissue damage..

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

 

Has his final injury actually been confirmed?  So far all I've seen is that X-rays are negative, which wouldn't show any tears or soft tissue damage..


You are correct. MRI results havent been posted yet. I'd edit my post but I can't now lol.

Edited by dropshadows
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

What are some names you'd be willing to pitch for acquiring Edmonds from someone?

I'm curious how much his value is for the foreseeable future, considering Drake didn't experience any major tears or breaks.

Where are you hearing no major tears?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

What are some names you'd be willing to pitch for acquiring Edmonds from someone?

I'm curious how much his value is for the foreseeable future, considering Drake didn't experience any major tears or breaks.

 

If drake is able to return before fantasy playoffs are over then it wont be much

If drake is out ROS or most of the ROS then his value goes much higher of course but I'm needy at RB so i wouldn't trade for anything unless it's a star RB and that's clearly not going to happen lol. If you are WRs needy you might be able to pull it off but the bye week hurts things as he could put on a performance to raise his value with drake out

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Edmonds is too small to get a big load of carries, in my opinion.  If Drake is out, I expect the Cardinals to use a bigger back to run between the tackles and to keep Edmonds in roughly the same role as he is now.

Sorry if that is disappointing to folks, but that is the way I see it happning.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Edmonds is too small to get a big load of carries, in my opinion.  If Drake is out, I expect the Cardinals to use a bigger back to run between the tackles and to keep Edmonds in roughly the same role as he is now.

Sorry if that is disappointing to folks, but that is the way I see it happning.

Not disappointing at all, just your opinion

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Edmonds is too small to get a big load of carries, in my opinion.  If Drake is out, I expect the Cardinals to use a bigger back to run between the tackles and to keep Edmonds in roughly the same role as he is now.

Sorry if that is disappointing to folks, but that is the way I see it happning.

Hot takes aren't disappointing. Lack of performance on the field is.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Edmonds is too small to get a big load of carries, in my opinion.  If Drake is out, I expect the Cardinals to use a bigger back to run between the tackles and to keep Edmonds in roughly the same role as he is now.

Sorry if that is disappointing to folks, but that is the way I see it happning.

5'9 205 is too small? How big is Kareem Hunt? Christian Mccaffery? Lesean McCoy, Priest Holmes, I can go all day. Especially in this type of offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Edmonds is too small to get a big load of carries, in my opinion.  If Drake is out, I expect the Cardinals to use a bigger back to run between the tackles and to keep Edmonds in roughly the same role as he is now.

Sorry if that is disappointing to folks, but that is the way I see it happning.

 

How big do you think CEH is?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...