The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook

This is the type of guy you go big on. Do all you can to get him. Assuming Drake is out for a while, you are basically adding a RB2 with RB1 upside to your team.

7 Weeks of holding may finally pay off. Edmonds szn! Even with murray vulturing TDs edmonds fits the style of play of the offense better and gets passing game work. At least RB2 numbers if drake is out for a long period of time

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

7 Weeks of holding may finally pay off. 

Wow, you have been patient, I grabbed him 3 weeks ago with Drake not showing much.Excited to see where this goes.

• Like 1

I've held on to him in one league the entire season.  But it's been tough.  Even though Drake has looked bad, for some reason the coaches weren't giving him playing time even though he looks to have more burst.  Admittedly I did cut him in a few leagues for other upside stashes like AB and Gio this past week and I'm now regretting it.  

But it's like roulette.  I didn't own Drake anywhere, so I was merely speculating.  But you can't possibly hold every handcuff in the league, especially if you don't even own the starter.  Drake does have an injury history.  But so do guys like Dalvin Cook.  Miles had an early injury.  Saquon, CMC, Chubb... the list goes on.  

If Drake is out, I'm excited to see what I've held onto all this time.  He looked good last night and his usage was encouraging.  Getting chunk yardage on his rushes and lots of involvement in the passing game.  Kyler opens everything up for everyone.  He's going to be dynamite and what I think people thought they were getting in Drake.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Wow, you have been patient, I grabbed him 3 weeks ago with Drake not showing much.Excited to see where this goes.

i got him late on draft day when i saw the drake owner wasn't going to get him and i figure it was worth a shot but i didn't expect drake to get hurt which i why i contemplated dropping when the ww RBs were doing something this year lol

What are some names you'd be willing to pitch for acquiring Edmonds from someone?

I'm curious how much his value is for the foreseeable future, considering Drake didn't experience any major tears or breaks.

If Drake's season is over it wouldn't surprise me if AZ trades for a bigger RB. Before the Jets game I recall a beat writer saying Drake was a sure thing bc AZ would be running out the clock and the staff doesn't think Edmonds is "that guy". Cards made a deadline deal last year as we all know. 

Edit: I think Edmonds would remain the feature back but could lose goal line work. 

Edited by rylaughlin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CooL said:

I've held on to him in one league the entire season.  But it's been tough.  Even though Drake has looked bad, for some reason the coaches weren't giving him playing time even though he looks to have more burst.  Admittedly I did cut him in a few leagues for other upside stashes like AB and Gio this past week and I'm now regretting it.  

But it's like roulette.  I didn't own Drake anywhere, so I was merely speculating.  But you can't possibly hold every handcuff in the league, especially if you don't even own the starter.  Drake does have an injury history.  But so do guys like Dalvin Cook.  Miles had an early injury.  Saquon, CMC, Chubb... the list goes on.  

If Drake is out, I'm excited to see what I've held onto all this time.  He looked good last night and his usage was encouraging.  Getting chunk yardage on his rushes and lots of involvement in the passing game.  Kyler opens everything up for everyone.  He's going to be dynamite and what I think people thought they were getting in Drake.

I did the same.  Frustrating that when Drake injury happens, it's right before bye week, of course... so now we have to wait another week to see what Edmonds can do as starter (assuming Drake is out for awhile).   

9 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

What are some names you'd be willing to pitch for acquiring Edmonds from someone?

I'm curious how much his value is for the foreseeable future, considering Drake didn't experience any major tears or breaks.

Has his final injury actually been confirmed?  So far all I've seen is that X-rays are negative, which wouldn't show any tears or soft tissue damage..

3 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

Has his final injury actually been confirmed?  So far all I've seen is that X-rays are negative, which wouldn't show any tears or soft tissue damage..

You are correct. MRI results havent been posted yet. I'd edit my post but I can't now lol.

Edited by dropshadows

13 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

Where are you hearing no major tears?

2 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I didn't. Check my post above yours, I can't edit my OP to correct myself.

5 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Yeah no one knows this yet, just the x-ray showed no breaks or fractures.  I’m guessing either a severe high ankle sprain or torn Achilles.

7 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

I didn't. Check my post above yours, I can't edit my OP to correct myself.

Ok saw that, thanks.

As an owner of both Drake & Edmonds, I just want to see clarity in this backfield. An injury, while unfortunate, will do just that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

If drake is able to return before fantasy playoffs are over then it wont be much

If drake is out ROS or most of the ROS then his value goes much higher of course but I'm needy at RB so i wouldn't trade for anything unless it's a star RB and that's clearly not going to happen lol. If you are WRs needy you might be able to pull it off but the bye week hurts things as he could put on a performance to raise his value with drake out

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foppatosakic said:

This man is the golden ticket, he fits the Cardinals so well with his lass catching and elusiveness. 

yes, he's much more handsome than the Drake 🦆

• Haha 3

Edmonds is too small to get a big load of carries, in my opinion.  If Drake is out, I expect the Cardinals to use a bigger back to run between the tackles and to keep Edmonds in roughly the same role as he is now.

Sorry if that is disappointing to folks, but that is the way I see it happning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Edmonds is too small to get a big load of carries, in my opinion.  If Drake is out, I expect the Cardinals to use a bigger back to run between the tackles and to keep Edmonds in roughly the same role as he is now.

Not disappointing at all, just your opinion

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hot takes aren't disappointing. Lack of performance on the field is.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

5'9 205 is too small? How big is Kareem Hunt? Christian Mccaffery? Lesean McCoy, Priest Holmes, I can go all day. Especially in this type of offense. 

9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

How big do you think CEH is?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Hot takes aren't disappointing. Lack of performance on the field is.

tenor.gif?itemid=10104410