The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook

Sucks ARI is on bye right when it becomes Edmonds SZN.  I need this baw in my lineup now! 

1 minute ago, LSUtiger said:

Sucks ARI is on bye right when it becomes Edmonds SZN.  I need this baw in my lineup now! 

For a few weeks, at least.

18 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

yeah the way he reacted to the injury, most ppl thought 6-8 minimum.

This does seem less severe, but the blurb also says they’re treating it as a high-ankle sprain, which suggests at least a 4-6 week timetable, right? That could basically be until the fantasy playoffs, at which point Edmonds could already be cemented as the starter anyway.

They say a few weeks.. let me translate - we will IR him ( which is at least 3) and it will be at least 6 and if Edmonds plays the way he is capable of we will simply IR him and never activate him

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

This does seem less severe, but the blurb also says they’re treating it as a high-ankle sprain, which suggests at least a 4-6 week timetable, right? That could basically be until the fantasy playoffs, at which point Edmonds could already be cemented as the starter anyway.

Just in time for there to be uncertainty when setting playoff lineups. How wonderful.

Yeah this looked like a high ankle sprain and based on his reaction a pretty severe one. I’m guessing we have 5 weeks of chase as the clear lead back and maybe ROS if he seizes the opportunity as I’d expect.

Drake will probably come back between Week 12-14 (see Michael Thomas) and by that time Edmonds will have stronghold on backfield. Drake will get about 5 carries per game. I have both RBs in couple leagues.

I think he is available in more leagues then some people realize and Antonio Brown is a reason why. I saw a few people in leagues do this. At least in 12 team...big leagues he's long gone.

Edited by Benjamin1984

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

His role won't change much.

Eno Benjamin on 1st and 2nd downs and chase on 3rd downs.

They don't want brittle bone chase carrying a heavy load.

Eno Benjamin is the same size. He'll almost assuredly get more work then Eno Benjamin. I agree they won't use him exactly like Drake though. 

the real tell here, both in regards to Drake's timetable & the confidence in Edmonds, will be if the Cards swing a trade for a proven rb. 

they are 5-2, and just knocked off the division bully ... they are built to challenge right now, and ownership considers them a playoff team. 

if Kliff & co. have 100% confidence in Edmonds, and a belief that Drake is on the shorter side of the recovery table, then they stay put. 

this is no knock on Edmonds, and i am well aware of Kliffy calling him "a true rb1 in this leeg".

but with the deadline approaching, coupled with their bye, we shall see just how much faith they have. 

the degree of talent they bring in will tell us a ton more than any preaseason blurb. 

FULL DISCLOSURE: i am an Edmonds truther, bit this will be an interesting bye for the Cards. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

No way

Just now, Benjamin1984 said:

Eno Benjamin is the same size. He'll almost assuredly get more work then Eno Benjamin. I agree they won't use him exactly like Drake though. 

That’s probably a good thing anyway. Let Eno siphon some of the low-value Drake plays.

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the real tell here, both in regards to Drake's timetable & the confidence in Edmonds, will be if the Cards swing a trade for a proven rb. 

they are 5-2, and just knocked off the division bully ... they are built to challenge right now, and ownership considers them a playoff team. 

if Kliff & co. have 100% confidence in Edmonds, and a belief that Drake is on the shorter side of the recovery table, then they stay put. 

this is no knock on Edmonds, and i am well aware of Kliffy calling him "a true rb1 in this leeg".

but with the deadline approaching, coupled with their bye, we shall see just how much faith they have. 

the degree of talent they bring in will tell us a ton more than any preaseason blurb. 

FULL DISCLOSURE: i am an Edmonds truther, bit this will be an interesting bye for the Cards. 

TJ Yeldon available 👀

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Edmonds is too small to get a big load of carries, in my opinion.  If Drake is out, I expect the Cardinals to use a bigger back to run between the tackles and to keep Edmonds in roughly the same role as he is now.

Sorry if that is disappointing to folks, but that is the way I see it happning.

Who do you think is going to be that bigger back in Arizona?

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

TJ Yeldon available 👀

🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Or Alex Collins

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷

.... which leads me to believe Kerryon can be moved 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Vendetta said:

That’s probably a good thing anyway. Let Eno siphon some of the low-value Drake plays.

They should get more creative with how they use Edmonds as a runner and use the screen and short passing game as a running game at times as well. He seems like a better fit then Drake given the offense they want to run as of now. I don't know what happened to Drake. The run plays they have called for him this year have been super vanilla but he just hasn't looked like the same player this year either. It's been an ugly combo. Edmonds floor is instantly better then what Drake's was. It might have been anyway lol

2 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

They should get more creative with how they use Edmonds as a runner and use the screen and short passing game as a running game at times as well. He seems like a better fit then Drake given the offense they want to run as of now. I don't know what happened to Drake. The run plays they have called for him this year have been super vanilla but he just hasn't looked like the same player this year either. It's been an ugly combo. Edmonds floor is instantly better then what Drake's was. It might have been anyway lol

Kliff has explained to the media many times that they want Drake to keep going north/south. They are forcing Drake or challenging him to stay in his lane and keep going north/south.

I don't think the Edmonds owners are gonna love watching Chase run into the same walls Drake was. 

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Kliff has explained to the media many times that they want Drake to keep going north/south. They are forcing Drake or challenging him to stay in his lane and keep going north/south.

I don't think the Edmonds owners are gonna love watching Chase run into the same walls Drake was. 

I know this regarding Drake but he just hasn't looked like the same player he was last year anyway. Edmonds has shown far more burst, but I know a lot of that is because he's generally fresher all the time. That's how it works sometimes. They have shown a trust with Edmonds in the passing game that they just haven't with Drake this year. That's why I'd expect him to be pretty solid here. 

Edited by Benjamin1984
  • Like 1