Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, kdko said:

 

Sallllty.  Should have done the smart thing and stashed him.

I have both Edmonds and Drake.  I know many Edmonds people are rejoicing but it just may be premature.

Kliff may want to keep Edmonds in a pass catcher, space back, and hurry up mode role.  If so, they may use a different back for the runs up the middle AZ likes so well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the hell is going on this year?  Drake owners are asking if they should be "wasting" a bench spot on Edmonds?  Really? One of the biggest parts of fantasy are owning the game changing handcu

That one lb of muscle makes all the difference.

... i like what you're cooking up here - seems to be crystal clear - Edmonds 'bout to explode ...    

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I have both Edmonds and Drake.  I know many Edmonds people are rejoicing but it just may be premature.

Kliff may want to keep Edmonds in a pass catcher, space back, and hurry up mode role.  If so, they may use a different back for the runs up the middle AZ likes so well.

Eh idk if expecting low end RB1 numbers is all that premature.

He’s basically been a low end RB2 getting 4 carries a game. While no one should expect CMC like usage (and I agree that they’ll utilize multiple backs) 14 carries or so and GL touches should be enough combined with a likely uptick of 1-3 catches due to being on the field more.

Averaging something like 14/55 and 5/45 with a TD here and there while Drake is out isn’t a reach and already 10x better than what Drake has been able to do. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Eh idk if expecting low end RB1 numbers is all that premature.

He’s basically been a low end RB2 getting 4 carries a game. While no one should expect CMC like usage (and I agree that they’ll utilize multiple backs) 14 carries or so and GL touches should be enough combined with a likely uptick of 1-3 catches due to being on the field more.

Averaging something like 14/55 and 5/45 with a TD here and there while Drake is out isn’t a reach and already 10x better than what Drake has been able to do. 

Isn't that exactly what everyone thought they were getting when the drafted Drake in the first place??  Low RB1 numbers from a timeshare?  It's what I thought I was getting anyways? 🤷‍♂️🙄

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I have both Edmonds and Drake.  I know many Edmonds people are rejoicing but it just may be premature.

Kliff may want to keep Edmonds in a pass catcher, space back, and hurry up mode role.  If so, they may use a different back for the runs up the middle AZ likes so well.

 

I have them both also. I'd be shocked if they use another running back enough for it to matter. Kliff loves Edmonds but had the memory of Drake doing well last year and the Cardinals resigning Drake to a 1 year, 8 million contract. But now Edmonds can be the go-to guy and I think Kliff will give him the feature role. The offense just looked different when Edmonds was in there as both a pass threat and a runner. Defenses no longer can assume the Cardinals will run the ball when Drake is on the field.

Edmonds has every opportunity to be an RB1. For sure, they might use Eno Benjamin for 5-7 touches a game but Edmonds had 145 yards on only 12 touches. He's been a solid flex play averaging only 5-7 touches a game. 15 touches definitely propels his worth to an RB1. How many other RBs are seeing such a heavy role in the pass game nowadays? Josh Jacobs, Ronald Jones, Jonathan Taylor all have under 20 catches. In limited work, Edmonds has 26.

If the Cardinals win the next three games and Edmonds is ballin' out, when Drake returns, I think there's a chance he only recaptures a 1st down/short yardage role.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Your all delusional, but I understand your hope. Bookmark this post and get back to in 3 weeks with how your “low end RB1” is looking. I promise he is not gonna last long. 

 

Did you watch the game? Because Kyler Murray is quarterback, Edmonds doesn't need to run up the middle to put up stats. Kyler can just flip him the ball on a read option to the outside. This is an offense that primarily can focus on the pass.

 

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PhilaFanBoy said:

 

Did you watch the game?

 

Admittedly no. I’m also not denying his explosiveness or talent . I’m sure he looks good. I’m saying that I think the cardinals know what they have with him and utilize him the perfect amount. With his running style and body type, any higher of a workload for him increases his injury likelihood significantly. 
 

i know volume is king but also sometimes less is more. Will see what he does in due time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jrt80 said:

Admittedly no. I’m also not denying his explosiveness or talent . I’m sure he looks good. I’m saying that I think the cardinals know what they have with him and utilize him the perfect amount. With his running style and body type, any higher of a workload for him increases his injury likelihood significantly. 
 

i know volume is king but also sometimes less is more. Will see what he does in due time. 

 

I understand the hesitancy. We'll see what happens but there's a definite opportunity here for Edmonds to win some leagues. Maybe he doesn't hold up but all I'm saying is he doesn't need 18-22 carries to be a RB1. 12 carries and 5-7 catches a game will be enough for him to be a top 10 running back. The Cardinals don't need to run the ball that much with the threat of Kyler Murray.

And all he needs is a 50-50 split to retain top value even when Drake returns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

 

I have them both also. I'd be shocked if they use another running back enough for it to matter. Kliff loves Edmonds but had the memory of Drake doing well last year and the Cardinals resigning Drake to a 1 year, 8 million contract. But now Edmonds can be the go-to guy and I think Kliff will give him the feature role. The offense just looked different when Edmonds was in there as both a pass threat and a runner. Defenses no longer can assume the Cardinals will run the ball when Drake is on the field.

 

This is more about questionable coaching than it is Drake.  Drake is a fine pass catcher.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Are you his doctor?

I can’t stop you from following your dreams of the chase Edmonds RB1 fantasy, I know that. Dream on you beautiful disaster! 

I’m merely predicting what I believe will be the outcome down the road. Fitting that Arizona’s mascot has wings, because Edmonds story reminds me of a modern day Icarus. 

Edited by Jrt80
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

 

This is more about questionable coaching than it is Drake.  Drake is a fine pass catcher.  

 

Well maybe that's all the more indication of how much Kliff likes Chase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

I can’t stop you from following your dreams of the chase Edmonds RB1 fantasy, I know that. Dream on you beautiful disaster! 

I’m merely predicting what I believe will be the outcome down the road. Fitting that Arizona’s mascot has wings, because Edmonds story reminds me of a modern day Icarus. 

 

Lol in a year where undrafted James Robinson is currently a top 3 RB (per my league's scoring), anything can happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Admittedly no. I’m also not denying his explosiveness or talent . I’m sure he looks good. I’m saying that I think the cardinals know what they have with him and utilize him the perfect amount. With his running style and body type, any higher of a workload for him increases his injury likelihood significantly. 
 

i know volume is king but also sometimes less is more. Will see what he does in due time. 

The Cardinals utilized him that particular way given that they had Drake to do most of the work.  Now that that work needs to be replaced do they benefit more from Edmonds taking a significant portion of it or giving it to a rookie who has barely seen action and doesn't appear to be a world beater.  And is there that much of an elevated injury risk from increasing his work load.  He may appear small but he's built a lot sturdier given his weight and height than he looks.

It just doesn't make sense to me to say Edmonds was being used perfectly when Drake was around therefore that is likely to continue now because he can't handle any more work, with the insinuation that the Cardinals are more likely to give Drake's work to someone who likely won't benefit the team as much from getting it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Well maybe that's all the more indication of how much Kliff likes Chase.

 

He liked Edmonds so much that he didn't him a single carry until Drake got hurt?  Ok sure.  Sounds like you have your mind made up.

Edmonds did look great against Seattle, but let's not forget that the game script was heavily in his favor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

 

He liked Edmonds so much that he didn't him a single carry until Drake got hurt?  Ok sure.  Sounds like you have your mind made up.

Edmonds did look great against Seattle, but let's not forget that the game script was heavily in his favor.

 

I don't know what you want me to say. Last year, on October 20th, Kliff gave Chase 27 carries and he ran for 126 yards and added 2 catches for 24 yards. He had 3 touchdowns.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CooL said:

Not understanding why people are saying he is best suited for COP role.  When Drake went down, wasn't Edmonds "the guy"?  Didn't he look like he was shot out of a cannon every time he touched the ball?  Didn't he gain chunks of yardage?  Wasn't he electric in the passing game?  Didn't he house one of his touches?  What's not to like here?  Why are people  continuing to say he can't be "the guy" when Kliff himself earlier this season said that Edmonds was a "starting RB in this league"?  I'm confused.

To be fair, Kill himself said Edmonds was a starting back and then proceed to play him like a back up/COP player. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

 

I don't know what you want me to say. Last year, on October 20th, Kliff gave Chase 27 carries and he ran for 126 yards and added 2 catches for 24 yards. He had 3 touchdowns

 

I don't know what you want me to say.  The Giants were one of the worst defenses in the league, and Edmonds got hurt the very next game.  Can his body withstand a full workload?

Edited by wekko368
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

 

I don't know what you want me to say. Last year, on October 20th, Kliff gave Chase 27 carries and he ran for 126 yards and added 2 catches for 24 yards. He had 3 touchdowns.

 

 

Got hurt the next game and was irrelevant the rest of the season.

 

I hope he pans out for the owners just keep expectations in check. 

 

Edmonds durability concerns is why they traded for Drake.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

 

I don't know what you want me to say.  The Giants were one of the worst defenses in the league, and Edmonds got hurt the very next game.  Can his body withstand a full workload?

 

I'll just leave it at this. My point has been that Edmonds only needs 18 touches a game to be a top running back. I don't care if Eno Benjamin gets 8-10 carries. The Giants game wasn't pointed out to say that Edmonds will get the ball 27 times but that when featured, Edmonds balled out and Kliff has featured him in the past. No matter the opponent, 150 yards and 3 TDs is nothing to balk at and he did it again on Sunday night (with 150+ yards). I'm gonna bet on this guy. Certainly not going to sell high while the hype's there.

Edmonds, despite being 5'9" is also the same weight as Kenyan Drake (210 pounds).

He's comparable to Austin Ekeler. No one believed in Austin Ekeler (5'10") initially but he was an easy RB1 last season.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wilson4mvp said:

League Winner gentlemen and women

Hard to be a league winner when Drake is coming back this year. He's probably going to be extremely useful for a month or so, but when the playoffs get going he's going to start splitting work in a best case realistic scenario.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

Your all delusional, but I understand your hope. Bookmark this post and get back to in 3 weeks with how your “low end RB1” is looking. I promise he is not gonna last long. 

 

2 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

Admittedly no. I’m also not denying his explosiveness or talent . I’m sure he looks good. I’m saying that I think the cardinals know what they have with him and utilize him the perfect amount. With his running style and body type, any higher of a workload for him increases his injury likelihood significantly. 
 

i know volume is king but also sometimes less is more. Will see what he does in due time. 

 

Maybe but we can't be as delusional as drake truthers were this year before injury. Nobody is saying he'll be prime cmc but he works well in this offense and already involved in the passing game. He got injured ONCE and now drake owners who didn't handcuff are acting like he's made of glass but won't say drake is just as brittle! If you didn't handcuff drake and are upset about it just say that lmao! Edmonds has the opportunity to become at least a solid RB2 for free or low draft cost for a few weeks which is more than enough and more than what drake will bring as a first/second round pick. 

The only accurate thing is that we'll have to wait and see but signs are pointing up. Take this hate back to the drake thread lol

Edited by BeastOfTheLeast
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Edmonds should be a top 15 play (at worst) every week until Drake comes back or another back is brought in.  For Edmonds the worst thing would be for him to take over Drake low-fantasy-value touches while another back comes in for that valuable change of pace role.  One of the reasons Edmonds was so efficient this season is that he was getting all the work that leads to big fantasy production: passing game work and runs against nickel and dime packages, etc.  I would assume he keeps that and gets more of other touches too.  Obviously the arrow is pointing way up and there's no guarantee Drake will ever come back in a significant role.  A must start.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Edmonds should be a top 15 play (at worst) every week until Drake comes back or another back is brought in.  For Edmonds the worst thing would be for him to take over Drake low-fantasy-value touches while another back comes in for that valuable change of pace role.  One of the reasons Edmonds was so efficient this season is that he was getting all the work that leads to big fantasy production: passing game work and runs against nickel and dime packages, etc.  I would assume he keeps that and gets more of other touches too.  Obviously the arrow is pointing way up and there's no guarantee Drake will ever come back in a significant role.  A must start.

 

i agree with most of this in principle, except for the fact that EVERY 'zona rb operates against nickel and dime packages ... the Cards go 3 or 4 wide on virtually every snap 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...