Rotoworld.com Forums

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, JCD said:

Teams don't run on Miami for some reason. 25th-28th in rush attempt against. Only the BAL, IND, LAC, PIT, TB defense has seen less rush attempts / game.
Opposing teams like SF and LAR padded their rush totals vs Miami when the game was out of hand, and Miami D defended the pass.
Overall the Dolphins is the best defense in the league right now.
So far only James Robinson and Chris Carson was able to put up good fantasy numbers vs the Fins D.
Kyler Murray runs a lot.

Overall Miami is #3 against the pass and dead last in the league vs the run according to football outsiders 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the hell is going on this year?  Drake owners are asking if they should be "wasting" a bench spot on Edmonds?  Really? One of the biggest parts of fantasy are owning the game changing handcu

That one lb of muscle makes all the difference.

... i like what you're cooking up here - seems to be crystal clear - Edmonds 'bout to explode ...    

1 hour ago, cdd10 said:

And why would that mean more? Why would that be accurate?
According to that, Miami D stopped the #1 LAR,and #6 SF Rush offense.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-offense/2020
Yet, according to that list, with all those "advanced" metrics, they are dead last in Rush D?
Interesting.
Is it because they allowed #5 NE to run all over them in the 1st game, as they used 6 different players to rush including 75 yds and 2 TDs by the QB?

1 minute ago, JCD said:

And why would that mean more? Why would that be accurate?
According to that, Miami D stopped the #1 LAR,and #6 SF Rush offense.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-offense/2020
Yet, according to that list, with all those "advanced" metrics, they are dead last in Rush D?
Interesting.
Is it because they allowed #5 NE to run all over them in the 1st game, as they used 6 different players to rush including 75 yds and 2 TDs by the QB?

Bro i'm just throwing out the numbers. They've gave up the 10th most rushing TD's and allow the 4th most Y/A rushing. I'm just saying I would hestitate to say they are #1 ranked RUSH DEF.No reason to get all upset. Every team has ran the ball well against the Dolphins when they do it. This is a smash spot for Edmonds imo.

13 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Sooo.... didn't look any better than Drake in Drake's role.  

Apparently you can only run up the middle as the feature back in this offense. Hardly any toss plays or short passes. Reminded me of how they used Drake. Rather than incorporating Edmonds as the pass catcher he is, they gave him the Drake role.

Don't get me wrong, the touches were there, he gave us 88 total yards, and this Miami defense is underrated. Kyler kept them in the game with his legs. I highly doubt Drake will be back right away. They play Buffalo next Sunday and then four days later they play the Seahawks again. Either Drake returns against the Seahawks or we have two more games of Edmonds having the role to himself.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
10 minutes ago, LooseLeaf said:

With the bat guano play calling, the oline, and Kyler running, I don't think Barry Sanders would post decent numbers on this team.

hey now. did you see teams Barry had? lol 

• Like 1
On 10/27/2020 at 9:31 AM, CharlesCC2 said:

The Cardinals utilized him that particular way given that they had Drake to do most of the work.  Now that that work needs to be replaced do they benefit more from Edmonds taking a significant portion of it or giving it to a rookie who has barely seen action and doesn't appear to be a world beater.  And is there that much of an elevated injury risk from increasing his work load.  He may appear small but he's built a lot sturdier given his weight and height than he looks.

It just doesn't make sense to me to say Edmonds was being used perfectly when Drake was around therefore that is likely to continue now because he can't handle any more work, with the insinuation that the Cardinals are more likely to give Drake's work to someone who likely won't benefit the team as much from getting it.

Damn dude you called it. Chase Edmonds WENT OFF today. You were right, him getting more touches definitely gave him better fantasy production... they clearly weren’t utilizing Him perfect before. I was way off with my prediction of less volume being better for his fantasy outlook..

• Haha 2

You can't just assume a change of pace and 3rd down back will automatically go off if he becomes the lone wolf.  It's easy to say "just take his previous production and add on all the production of the lead guy and that's what we'll get."  But to do so indicates that the coaching staff didn't have good reasons for having the COP guy in that role in the first place.

25 carries for 70 yards.  That's positively Mixonesque.

• Like 1
Just now, KennyWoo said:

You can't just assume a change of pace and 3rd down back will automatically go off if he becomes the lone wolf. 

I accept that premise but the fact is it happens quite a bit. 

Edmonds squandered a golden opportunity - it's all on him today.

55 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Damn dude you called it. Chase Edmonds WENT OFF today. You were right, him getting more touches definitely gave him better fantasy production... they clearly weren’t utilizing Him perfect before. I was way off with my prediction of less volume being better for his fantasy outlook..

Snarkiness not necessary, but alright.  Obviously didn't work out today, so far the evidence would show Edmonds doubters are right.  I'd like to see how he fares across multiple games, but since football is extremely reactionary with only getting one body of work per week I can't really argue for now that Edmonds is going to perform as I expected.

Happy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Snarkiness not necessary, but alright.  Obviously didn't work out today, so far the evidence would show Edmonds doubters are right.  I'd like to see how he fares across multiple games, but since football is extremely reactionary with only getting one body of work per week I can't really argue for now that Edmonds is going to perform as I expected.

Happy?

Yes. Consider yourself lucky he even survived the game, getting a grown mans workload. Only a tough football player like Kenyan drake can get those carries without crying. 

• Haha 2

Lmao !! but but Chase he's some much better .... Umm yeah about that.

2.8 YPC . He will never be a feature back , ever . 

Just here to rub it in a little .. for all the fools coming to the Drake thread talking non-sense. 

As a change of pace back he's alright. End of story. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Lmao !! but but Chase he's some much better .... Umm yeah about that.

2.8 YPC . He will never be a feature back , ever . 

Just here to rub it in a little .. for all the fools coming to the Drake thread talking non-sense. 

As a change of pace back he's alright. End of story. 

you really want to have posted this? You’re basically calling Drake bad because these are the performances he’s been putting up all year.