The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, BookersB said:

As a non-drake owner with light benches, this guy can be dropped safely right? 

After week 2, otherwise known as D-DAY....no way am I dropping him or Murray. 

If I lose another starter or two, then I'll pick up depth if I need to, but there's only a few "league winners" left...I'll take my chances with Edmonds and Latavius as they will give your team high end RB1 production.

The season just started...sheesh. 

Week 1 was encouraging, Week 2 was discouraging. That's life owning someone else's cuff. Nothing has changed since Draft Night: Drake goes down CE takes over.

In a desperation situation I can see dropping him after 2 weeks - I have a team where Barkley went down and I'm still holding.

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

Week 1 was encouraging, Week 2 was discouraging. That's life owning someone else's cuff. Nothing has changed since Draft Night: Drake goes down CE takes over.

In a desperation situation I can see dropping him after 2 weeks - I have a team where Barkley went down and I'm still holding.

I think this is the correct take.  I have Edmonds at the end of my bench in a couple leagues, including one where I own Drake.  I don't see Edmonds having much standalone value and I wouldn't want to use him as a FLEX as long as Drake is healthy.  You'd be hoping het gets a a few snaps near the goal-line or in the red zone.  On the team with Drake I don't have much reliable RB depth, and there's little on the WW except for trying to pick up someone like Henderson or Devonta Freeman or Mike Davis, so I'd rather hold onto Edmonds for now.

3 hours ago, BookersB said:

As a non-drake owner with light benches, this guy can be dropped safely right? 

No he cannot.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure Chase got the start on Sunday which is weird lol. He came out with the offense on the first drive 

I think Kliff is realizing Drake isn't going to cut it 

Edited by kdpat15

6 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

I am pretty sure Chase got the start on Sunday which is weird lol. He came out with the offense on the first drive 

source.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

That was weird, but then he ended up with just a handful of touches anyway. I just hope they give him a chance as the lead back at some point this season if Drake continues to underperform.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

That was weird, but then he ended up with just a handful of touches anyway. I just hope they give him a chance as the lead back at some point this season if Drake continues to underperform.

agree, didn't get why that happened. I think there is something going on with Drake and he may be playing through it.

Posted (edited)
On 9/29/2020 at 7:54 PM, kdpat15 said:

I think there is something going on with Drake and he may be playing through it.

This is possible. Anyone else that's watching the game also think this? 

They never put AZ games on in NJ unless they're playing The . Only get to see them on Redzone

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can’t believe this guy was dropped in 2 of my leagues already, scooped him up in 1 and will try to get him in another. I’m not a Drake owner in neither btw, so this is just a lottery ticket but one I’m very interested in. Patience may be running out on Drake soon, we will have to see. Drake’s 1yr 8.4m contract is the only thing keeping him afloat rn.

Edited by Tomei7

4 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Can’t believe this guy was dropped in 2 of my leagues already, scooped him up in 1 and will try to get him in another. I’m not a Drake owner in neither btw, so this is just a lottery ticket but one I’m very interested in. Patience may be running out on Drake soon, we will have to see. Drake’s 1yr 8.4m contract is the only thing keeping him afloat rn.

As someone who does have Drake, if both Christian Kirk & DeAndre Hopkins are out on Sunday, I'll be seriously tempted to start Drake & Edmonds. Some risk involved in starting Edmonds but Mo Ali-Cox/possibly Damien Harris are my other options.

Against the Panthers' league worst (besides perhaps the Raiders) run defense, can't help but feel like they'll finally start checking down to Drake & Edmonds with only Isabella & Fitzgerald to throw down the field to, and both backs will find productivity. 

10 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

He was dropped in a couple my leagues too.

This game I think we will learn a lot. If Drake  is lackluster again, could Chase get more run? Or does Drake finally break out? I’d rather be a week early, then a week late on this cat.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

i think injuries are putting a real crimp in teams' abilities to hold on to backup RBs this season. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Too many injuries across the board to hold onto handcuffs that may never be relevant for guys who can get you points and win weeks. 

• Like 1

if either Nuk or Kirk sit then this kid will make for a very interesting flex option.

both are currently GTDs ... i'd say Nuk has a 75% chance to go - he rarely misses games - dunno how to judge Kirk. 

of course, if they both sit, this chap can be fired up with utmost confidence in ppr 👍

Saddle up, boys.  It's OUR TIME!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

What do you know that I don't?

Seriously when do they let him loose? I want to start him but he’s TD dependent at the moment. Drake gets too many inefficient touches 

I mean, even if they don't "let him loose", should we be playing Edmonds anyway? He's only scored a point or two less than Drake per game, and everything is pointing one way right now.

Drake and Edmonds owner here and honestly I am a drake Stan but its time to pass the baton to Chase so Drake GTFO! Edmonds looks better in every facet of the game 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, CooL said:

I think it’s coming close. Drake had a injury late in the game too so should be interesting to see what news comes out about that.

If they start him over drake that would be great. Right now it's still wait and see until we find out what's going on with drake

I need the Cards to start him. My RB situation sucks so this would help greatly