Rotoworld.com Forums

Chase Edmonds 2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Don't know. When they needed Drake to get yards at the end, he delivered.

Sucks that Drake got 19 touches. I just don't see a way for Edmonds to take over completely. Didn't Edmonds get stopped on third and 1? I think Drake has the short yardage and goal line work locked up

yea i got chase and a handcuff and after today's game I'm not seeing how people are so sure he takes the backfield unless drake gets injured. Drake still got majority of the touches and was able to score today. If anything drake bought himself more time as the starter. Outside of needing edmonds to take over to help our fantasy teams, what do we have to suggest drake will get benched?

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the hell is going on this year?  Drake owners are asking if they should be "wasting" a bench spot on Edmonds?  Really? One of the biggest parts of fantasy are owning the game changing handcu

That one lb of muscle makes all the difference.

... i like what you're cooking up here - seems to be crystal clear - Edmonds 'bout to explode ...    

thru 5 games ... 

Drake: 48 ppr pts 

Edmonds: 51 ppr pts

Drakes is taking roughly 70% of the snaps. 

this be what it be ... Edmonds has stand alone flex in 12+ team leegs, and can carve out a larger niche as we move forward. 

Drake did fine yesterday - but this kid Edmonds is definitely worth the hold/wait. 

28 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Drake doesn't look great but Chase is too small to handle a full load.

If Drake gets hurt I imagine Eno would come share the rushes and Edmonds role would stay similar to what it is now.

My .02

this is pretty lazy analysis. Drake is 6’1 / 211lbs, Edmonds is 5’9 / 210.

There are plenty of backs around the league the size of Edmonds handling a starters workload.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, PrestigeWW said:

this is pretty lazy analysis. Drake is 6’1 / 211lbs, Edmonds is 5’9 / 210.

There are plenty of backs around the league the size of Edmonds handling a starters workload.

He got hurt last year, it's why they traded for Drake.

He had 8 touches yesterday to Drake's 18.

It's been said in this thread before that Kliff said Edmonds is a starting RB in this league.  That's pretty much all you need to know.

And agree that Edmonds is not small. it's either in this thread or the Drake thread where somebody listed a bunch of the top end backs in the league, and most are under 6 feet.  If anything, Drake is too tall and not shifty enough.

We are in the Edmonds thread which means most of us here are Edmonds owners and we are trying to will it to happen, while the Drake owners are coming here trying to justify why Edmonds shouldn't have more playing time.  Clearly Edmonds can handle the rock when given the opportunity.  He looks more explosive.  He is producing at the same level as Drake.  But they gave the money to Drake, they still trusted him at the 1 to take the ball in.  I'm afraid it's going to take an injury to open the door more for Edmonds rather than the coaches realizing that this should be at the very least a 50-50 timeshare.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Kingsbury is given to hyperbolic speech so not much credence to being spoken of as a 3 down back.

Actions speak louder than words. If Edmonds could handle a heavier load I'm sure he would get it. He has been more effective than Drake but yet remains in a reserve role getting half the touches of the Ghost of Kenyan Drake.

excited about Chase's outlook! Drake is a plodder and has lost a step. He will continue to get carries but this Arizona team is not as good as we thought so they will be in game scripts that favor Chase in my opinion as we get deeper into season.

28 minutes ago, CooL said:

It's been said in this thread before that Kliff said Edmonds is a starting RB in this league.  That's pretty much all you need to know.

And agree that Edmonds is not small. it's either in this thread or the Drake thread where somebody listed a bunch of the top end backs in the league, and most are under 6 feet.  If anything, Drake is too tall and not shifty enough.

We are in the Edmonds thread which means most of us here are Edmonds owners and we are trying to will it to happen, while the Drake owners are coming here trying to justify why Edmonds shouldn't have more playing time.  Clearly Edmonds can handle the rock when given the opportunity.  He looks more explosive.  He is producing at the same level as Drake.  But they gave the money to Drake, they still trusted him at the 1 to take the ball in.  I'm afraid it's going to take an injury to open the door more for Edmonds rather than the coaches realizing that this should be at the very least a 50-50 timeshare.

Undersized? 🤔....that means almost every starting RB in the league are undersized.

Alvin Kamara: 5’10” 215

Aaron Jones: 5’9” 208

C McCaffrey: 5’11” 205

Clyde Edwards: 5’7” 207

Dalvin Cook: 5’10” 210

Kareem Hunt: 5’11” 216

D Singletary: 5’7” 203

A Ekeler: 5’10” 200

Kenyan Drake: 6’1” 211

Chase Edmonds: 5’9” 210

Chase Edmonds is not an undersized RB like u say he is. Kliff Kingsbury has already stated that Edmonds is a starting RB in the league

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Kingsbury is given to hyperbolic speech so not much credence to being spoken of as a 3 down back.

Actions speak louder than words. If Edmonds could handle a heavier load I'm sure he would get it. He has been more effective than Drake but yet remains in a reserve role getting half the touches of the Ghost of Kenyan Drake.

Drake’s 8.4m salary compared to Edmonds 2.9m is the reason he’s leading in touches at the moment, not because of Edmonds size or workload capabilities.....the bigger investment can only take credence for so long, until they accept the reality of it and make a change. Who knows how this will pan out, but what I do know is that Edmonds should get more opportunity going forward and Drake is on a shorter leash for touches with a not so bright future in the Desert 🌵.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Drake’s 8.4m salary compared to Edmonds 2.9m is the reason he’s leading in touches at the moment, not because of Edmonds size or workload capabilities.....the bigger investment can only take credence for so long, until they accept the reality of it and make a change. Who knows how this will pan out, but what I do know is that Edmonds should get more opportunity going forward and Drake is on a shorter leash for touches with a not so bright future in the Desert 🌵.

So Drake gets the nod financially but not athletically?

Seems legit.

Kingsbury won't run chase 20 times a game even if Drake was out for the season tomorrow.

I like Edmonds just pumping the brakes on the 3 down RB hype.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Lets be honest Drake salvaged his day with a TD from a fantasy perspective. Chase is running behind the same o-line but at a far more efficient level. I do think Chase should get more opportunity but it should remain fairly split at 50/50. Chase is good enough to produce at that split level

40 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So Drake gets the nod financially but not athletically?

Seems legit.

Kingsbury won't run chase 20 times a game even if Drake was out for the season tomorrow.

I like Edmonds just pumping the brakes on the 3 down RB hype.

Edmonds was used as a 3 down back when DJ went down with injury last year and excelled 

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Edmonds did get the load last year when DJ got hurt. They gave Edmonds the load. It wasn’t until Edmonds got hurt that they decided to trade for Drake. You’re right actions do speak louder. Their actions believe in Edmonds as a 3 down back. They signed Drake to a 1 year deal why? Because they don’t believe in Edmonds? Nope 

I'm a big fan of Edmonds.  But very rarely does the "backup guy is playing better, he'll get the job soon" argument actually work out.  (And when it does, it is usually an old guy being overhauled by a rookie or 2nd-year breakout type guy.  That's not our situation here.)  Usually what happens is the coaching staff thinks the "lead" back is better suited for that role and the change of pace guy is better suited for that role.  And that's what I think we have here.  Frankly near the end of last season I thought Arizona would let Drake walk and give Edmonds the job (since Drake was a cheap acquisition and one-year rental).  When they re-signed Drake, I came to the conclusion the Cardinals coaching staff didn't think Edmonds was lead back material.  Whether I agree with that assessment or not is irrelevant because I don't run the Arizona Cardinals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
32 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Edmonds was used as a 3 down back when DJ went down with injury last year and excelled 

He did - it was one game against the Giants -3 TDs. Drake was also excellent in has time as the bell cow.  Perhaps there is some variability here that can’t be explained away with convenient explanations like such and such is a plodding jag or such and such isn’t durable enough. Maybe the varied usage of Edmonds means the defense can’t key in the run. In situations where Edmonds has run on 1st and 2nd down he actually has a lower YPC than Drake.  This perceived difference between the two could be situational.  Im not feigning certainty, just suggesting that this is complex.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Edmonds did get the load last year when DJ got hurt. They gave Edmonds the load. It wasn’t until Edmonds got hurt that they decided to trade for Drake. You’re right actions do speak louder. Their actions believe in Edmonds as a 3 down back. They signed Drake to a 1 year deal why? Because they don’t believe in Edmonds? Nope 

Feel free to believe what you want. Edmonds started 1 game, he got hurt the very next game, then they traded for Drake.

There is room in the fantasy world for RBs who get 8 touches a game like Edmonds, they are called cop backs aka flex plays in the fantasy realm.

As an owner, he's a decent flex, especially for bye week filler coming up, and is still a great cuff.  He's not taking over this backfield.  I'm personally fine with Drake taking low-value first and second down work where they send him up the gut for 1-4 yards if Drake keeps getting 2 minute drill, passing down work, and spelling a few key runs.  

3 hours ago, CooL said:

Both bolded parts pretty much sum up this thread. Nothin from the season so far suggests drake will lose his spot unless he gets injured. You're flexing edmonds at best hoping for great work and if drake gets hurt then you have a starting RB. Coaches show no signs of benching drake at the moment

I’m not arguing that Edmonds will take over for a healthy Drake this year. Im arguing that Edmonds can be a lead back as he has shown when he was asked. You think getting injured means you can’t be a 3 down back? Sooo Saquon and Nick Chubb not 3 down backs either? It’s the NFL everybody gets injured. If you’re saying he’s too small to handle the role? Check the size of some other stud lead RBs in the NFL and compare them to Edmonds.... Edmonds is not too small. I own both of these RBs in dynasty I have no bias other than analyzing what I see and have seen with these 2. I also think Drake isn’t playing as poorly as the stats show. I believe it’s mostly a Oline/play calling issue to start the year 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Feel free to believe what you want. Edmonds started 1 game, he got hurt the very next game, then they traded for Drake.

There is room in the fantasy world for RBs who get 8 touches a game like Edmonds, they are called cop backs aka flex plays in the fantasy realm.

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

I’m not arguing that Edmonds will take over for a healthy Drake this year. Im arguing that Edmonds can be a lead back as he has shown when he was asked. You think getting injured means you can’t be a 3 down back? Sooo Saquon and Nick Chubb not 3 down backs either? It’s the NFL everybody gets injured. If you’re saying he’s too small to handle the role? Check the size of some other stud lead RBs in the NFL and compare them to Edmonds.... Edmonds is not too small. I own both of these RBs in dynasty I have no bias other than analyzing what I see and have seen with these 2. I also think Drake isn’t playing as poorly as the stats show. I believe it’s mostly a Oline/play calling issue to start the year 

Chase in 3 years has had more than 8 rushing attempts 1 time in his career. The 27 carry 3 TD game where you claim he *excelled* no one started him though cause he subbed in for an injured DJ. Everyone started Chase in fantasy the next week and he was hurt after 3 carries missed several weeks, cards traded for Drake and Edmonds was a non factor the rest of the season.

I like Edmonds game, he looks fast out there but I don't think he can handle a big load of work. Outside of his 27 carry game last year his highest rushing attempts in a game has been 8 and he only did that once. Maybe he is a 3 down back but nothing in his career points to that only hopeless optimism from his fantasy owners.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Chase in 3 years has had more than 8 rushing attempts 1 time in his career. The 27 carry 3 TD game where you claim he *excelled* no one started him though cause he subbed in for an injured DJ. Everyone started Chase in fantasy the next week and he was hurt after 3 carries missed several weeks, cards traded for Drake and Edmonds was a non factor the rest of the season.

I like Edmonds game, he looks fast out there but I don't think he can handle a big load of work. Outside of his 27 carry game last year his highest rushing attempts in a game has been 8 and he only did that once. Maybe he is a 3 down back but nothing in his career points to that only hopeless optimism from his fantasy owners.

Not saying Edmonds will become a bellcow but ironically almost the exact same thing could have been said about Kenyan through the first ~25 games of his career.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Soooo 27 carries 127yds and 3TDs isn’t excelling when given the opportunity? I’m not claiming he excelled lol He literally excelled when given the opportunity. It’s on you to prove to me that when given 20 plus carries he cannot be productive. Only an injury to Drake will prove one of us right this year 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • Haha 1