Sign in to follow this  
BxBOMBERs28

Darvish for Severino Dynasty trade WHIR

Without roster consideration needs who would you rather owning moving forward in a dynasty league. I play H2H leagues and 5x5 scoring. Darvish or Sevy??? Leave a link and I’ll help with yours 

What the rest of you guys think? Tough one for me. In have a good team I’m competitive but my rotation is deep and losing Yu wouldn’t kill it but do we still think Sevy comes back after injury as an ace? 

I don't trust 100% that Sevy is an ace again when he returns...I like Darvish because he's a sure thing for a couple more seasons and even if Severino does come back and pitches well, I don't think it will be so much better than Yu that it's worth the gamble.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Sevy is better so for sure him.

Edited by Thenewwildone8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fatbob166 said:

I don't trust 100% that Sevy is an ace again when he returns...I like Darvish because he's a sure thing for a couple more seasons and even if Severino does come back and pitches well, I don't think it will be so much better than Yu that it's worth the gamble.

Sevy has been better than Darvish when healthy each of the last few seasons and TJS is a standard procedure at this point. Darvish has been inconsistent and streaky.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Sevy has been better than Darvish when healthy each of the last few seasons and TJS is a standard procedure at this point. Darvish has been inconsistent and streaky.

Make a good point. Darvish seems like he may have turned a corner and is becoming more reliable but the age difference is pretty big Sevy is like 26 and Darvish 33

• Like 1

I’d probably roll the dice on Severino and the potential of eight extra years. But those years are not guaranteed. And would I be shocked if Severino came back as less than his former self?  I would not. 

Thanks for mine!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

That's not a particularly fair assessment considering that due to injuries, the guys really have barely pitched side by side. Darvish has been inconsistent because he's had plenty of health issues of his own in the past. What we have seen this season out of Yu added on to the second half of last season, the guy is pitching like one of the best pitchers in the game today. If he can stay healthy, why can't he keep it up for another couple of seasons. On the Severino front...the guy will miss this year entirely, and could very well take a large chunk of next season getting back to full strength. That is why I specifically said Darvish is more of a sure thing over the next couple of seasons. I also get that TJS is pretty common these days, but there's plenty of guys who never make it back to where they were pre-surgery. Maybe I've just happened to have been burnt by these guys too many times before, but I would never assume 100% that an ace going under the knife is going to still be an ace on the other side...Guys like Harvey and Syndergaard come to mind in recent memory.

• Thanks 1

I think I would role with Severino to be honest. He's super talented and has time on his side. Hopefully the surgery can fix whatever lingering issues he was having and he can develop into the SP1 he has the talent to be. Darvish is probably more of a sure thing for the next 2 years but Severino has the upside. 

12 hours ago, fatbob166 said:

That's not a particularly fair assessment considering that due to injuries, the guys really have barely pitched side by side. Darvish has been inconsistent because he's had plenty of health issues of his own in the past. What we have seen this season out of Yu added on to the second half of last season, the guy is pitching like one of the best pitchers in the game today. If he can stay healthy, why can't he keep it up for another couple of seasons. On the Severino front...the guy will miss this year entirely, and could very well take a large chunk of next season getting back to full strength. That is why I specifically said Darvish is more of a sure thing over the next couple of seasons. I also get that TJS is pretty common these days, but there's plenty of guys who never make it back to where they were pre-surgery. Maybe I've just happened to have been burnt by these guys too many times before, but I would never assume 100% that an ace going under the knife is going to still be an ace on the other side...Guys like Harvey and Syndergaard come to mind in recent memory.

Severino 193.1 IP 2.98 ERA 3.07 ERA 3.04 xFIP

Darvish  186.2 IP 3.86 ERA 3.83 FIP 3.65 xFIP

Severino 191.1 IP 3.39 ERA  2.95 FIP  3.10 xFIP

Darvish 40 IP 4.95 ERA  4.86 FIP 4.24 xFIP

Severino 12 IP 1.50 ERA 2.13 FIP 3.95 xFIP

Darvish 178.2 IP  3.98 ERA 4.18 FIP 3.39 xFIP

Steamer projects a 4.00 ERA for Darvish going forward. Harvey‘s issues had nothing to do with TJS as his thoracic outlet syndrome problems and Noah just had one flukey year where he clearly pitched while hurt. Again nothing to do with coming back from TJS and pitching worse. In fact TJS makes your pitching arm stronger so it’s not supposed to make a pitcher worse.