paulwall29

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

Just now, gbill2004 said:

Sounds like Mostert could return this week. Will Shanny give Jerick a bigger or smaller load this week? 

Probably equal load this week and then increase Mostert's work next week.

4 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Sounds like Mostert could return this week. Will Shanny give Jerick a bigger or smaller load this week? 

Based off of Dr. Morse thinking that? His DNP yesterday does not bode well for his chances coming off an MCL injury. 

Did Shanahan mention anything about Mostert's chances of playing this week?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

huh?

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2020 at 11:44 AM, Fried Pork Grind said:

No matter the size of his load Sunday shanny will make sure he gets balls in ideal situations so he can get off. 

Jerrick survived the gauntlet of Metlife turf in one piece. On to greener pastures now that will receive his load.

3 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Jerrick survived the gauntlet of Metlife turf in one piece. On to greener pastures now that will receive his load.

Hope there isn’t a tissue paper shortage.

• Like 1

Anyone check the weather? Specifically, the Jet Stream

Workhorse treatment last night. The full load. 

I haven’t heard any update on Mostert? What I would give for another 1-10 more weeks of Raheem testing that ravaged MCL...

Dude got to the edge pretty frequently all game. So glad he got to pop one off in the 4th. 

Bye weeks start next week. Hoping Mostert is out one more game but likely starting regardless vs Miami.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

He took a big load last night. 

He delivered a big load as well.

I think they call that, "versatile".

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, yanksman said:

Bye weeks start next week. Hoping Mostert is out one more game but likely starting regardless vs Miami.

Same, I'm down CMC and JET has carried my squad. I'm wondering even when Mostert returns, Jerick will still have FLEX value right in this offense? I doubt they ride Mostert super heavy at least in the beginning. When Coleman returns, does he take a backseat to Jerick?

3 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Same, I'm down CMC and JET has carried my squad. I'm wondering even when Mostert returns, Jerick will still have FLEX value right in this offense? I doubt they ride Mostert super heavy at least in the beginning. When Coleman returns, does he take a backseat to Jerick?

The fact that the team stuck with him through both years of injuries tells me a lot - I think he will have a role....obviously not as huge as last pm but definitely Flex worthy/  Coleman and Wilson will be on the outside with Mostert and McK running as 1/1A

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I think both Mostert and McKinnon can be startable together for fantasy. SF would need to be more run dominant than they've been recently, which I'd expect once Jimmy comes back (more efficient offense). Mostert can break one for a TD on any play. He's a rare RB that can take it to the house on any play, he may be the fastest RB in the game at his top speed (technically he already is). If Mostert can get 15-20 touches a game and McKinnon 10-15, or in some games the other way around, both can be useful. I'd Mostert as a solid RB2 and McKinnon as a RB3/flex. We don't know what the usage will be because they have not been healthy at the same time yet.

• Like 1

Anyone think that these past 2 games have been a test run for him and that even when Mostert gets back, McKinnon will be more than just a 3rd down back? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Just look back at week 1 when he had a TD with all the backs healthy. He was also tackled on the 1 yd line that week so he could've had 2 TDs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

I think both Mostert and McKinnon can be startable together for fantasy. SF would need to be more run dominant than they've been recently, which I'd expect once Jimmy comes back (more efficient offense). Mostert can break one for a TD on any play. He's a rare RB that can take it to the house on any play, he may be the fastest RB in the game at his top speed (technically he already is). If Mostert can get 15-20 touches a game and McKinnon 10-15, or in some games the other way around, both can be useful. I'd Mostert as a solid RB2 and McKinnon as a RB3/flex. We don't know what the usage will be because they have not been healthy at the same time yet.

Week 1. 

2 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Week 1. 

Ah right, but that was also McKinnon's first real game action in like 2 years? They probably didn't want to send him out only to break himself again week 1.

3 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Ah right, but that was also McKinnon's first real game action in like 2 years? They probably didn't want to send him out only to break himself again week 1.

He got tackled on the 1 that game too. Easily could've had 2 tds. 

No one knows the exact way this will play out but week 1 was enough of a signal and he has shown that he deserves touches the last two weeks so I see no reason to expect his usage to nosedive now.

• Like 1