paulwall29

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

40 minutes ago, CharlesHustle said:

Looks like an NFL RB1 to me

definitely passed the eye test......I think its a 2 man show now in SF

Wilson is waiver fodder.

Mostert/McKinnon run this backfield.

I expect a monster game from both if they both suit up vs Miami.

Raheem practiced today ? Still a start or bench Jet?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Brye said:

Raheem practiced today ? Still a start or bench Jet?

He’s a flex play with Mostert back. He probably has a 6-8 carry ceiling now but will still be active in the passing game. 

Edited by Klientel

I dont think they give Mostert the full load when he returns, McKinnon is everyweek start anway IMO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

I dont think they give Mostert the full load when he returns, McKinnon is everyweek start anway IMO.

Very true very true 

16 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

They never gave Mostert the full load to begin with...I don't see the touches being distributed much differently than they were before Mostert got hurt, except for the fact that I think McKinnon should take a few more of the touches vacated by Coleman. I think Mostert will receive the majority of work but both will be involved enough to at least make McKinnon a flex play.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

With all the injuries they have I just don't see them giving Mosert too much the first week back off a knee injury if he plays at all. He had a limited practice today. At worse I think it's a 50/50 split and I love McKinnon this week against Miami. I'm thinking of taking him out of my flex [...], but as soon as I do he will have a field day with the Jets. Either way I'm going to get McKinnon into my lineup, dude has scored double digit fantasy pts every week even when Mosert was at full strength. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

Still rolling him out for the next game. Mostert's first game back makes it doubtful that he'll get all the work. Mckinnon was also involved in the passing game. Plenty of opportunity still

4 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

How capped is his workload gonna be with the Mostert in?

I wouldn't want to rely on him if you can avoid it.  He still has a decent chance to have a nice game with his skill set though even if Mostert is used heavily.  I'm a big believer in McKinnon's talent.

On 10/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, pdog109 said:

Yeah in this matchup you play him 

12 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I wouldn't want to rely on him if you can avoid it.  He still has a decent chance to have a nice game with his skill set though even if Mostert is used heavily.  I'm a big believer in McKinnon's talent.

i am also a believer just got big bad leveon on the bench waiting in the wings. 

Can’t sit him, especially against the fins and Raheem will not get full work load , no way in hell

• Like 1

He was fine last two times Mostert was in, what gives?!  Gamescript, I know, but he's a pass catcher too.

He was relegated to 0, after improving every single week. Real smart. Enjoy your 43-17 destruction Shananhan. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Bizarre he got less work than Wilson.  They had Mostert in late event he game was over in 2nd quarter.  The whole gameplan was strange.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

He was relegated to 0, after improving every single week. Real smart. Enjoy your 43-17 destruction Shananhan. 

To be fair Mostert is a much better RB and giving McKinnon more touches wouldn’t have made a difference in that game. 

Just now, Klientel said:

To be fair Mostert is a much better RB and giving McKinnon more touches wouldn’t have made a difference in that game. 

False.

Mostert is just a flash in the pan.

McKinnon is clearly an all around better RB in all aspects of the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 10/7/2020 at 6:31 PM, Guwop said:

Still rolling him out for the next game. Mostert's first game back makes it doubtful that he'll get all the work. Mckinnon was also involved in the passing game. Plenty of opportunity still

ouch. Bench fodder unless mostert gets hurt. He has the skills but not the coach, especially with mostert, back...hard to explain why he let the offense look this bad