paulwall29

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

15 minutes ago, Guwop said:

ouch. Bench fodder unless mostert gets hurt. He has the skills but not the coach, especially with mostert, back...hard to explain why he let the offense look this bad 

Because Shanahan is bad and he should feel bad losing to Miami of all teams, what a scrub.

• Like 2

didnt see that commin.....figured hed see limited touches...at least passing downs....still holding s hopefully Shanny will realize this mistake and play the guy more but that was concerning....def benched

Really thought he'd have caught at least a handful of passes with that gamescript.

Holding still in hopes that SF figures out which way is up.

Mostert isn't exactly a model of health himself. I own both and am definitely going to avoid dropping Mckinnon if I can help it.

It's unfortunate.  I thought Jet would still maintain standalone value, even with Mostert's return in some form of a timeshare.  Unfortunately it looks like Mostert is the bell-cow, and McKinnon is strictly the gimme-a-breather back.  Add to that the 49ers just really imploding, Tevin Coleman returning at some point, and bye-week crunch coming... I just don't see a rosy outlook in his near future.

• Like 1

Tevin Coleman really just needs to go away. I hope the won't be intent on using him again.

45 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

It's unfortunate.  I thought Jet would still maintain standalone value, even with Mostert's return in some form of a timeshare.  Unfortunately it looks like Mostert is the bell-cow, and McKinnon is strictly the gimme-a-breather back.  Add to that the 49ers just really imploding, Tevin Coleman returning at some point, and bye-week crunch coming... I just don't see a rosy outlook in his near future.

I think it was more game script related

They had a lot of 3 and out drives in the first half. Then the 2nd half it was a ton of passing. Mostert only got 11 carries and 3 targets himself. Its not like either RB was a bellcow. Id sit tight. I still think JET makes a great handcuff and does still offer standalone value.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, griffin727 said:

Mostert isn't exactly a model of health himself. I own both and am definitely going to avoid dropping Mckinnon if I can help it.

def not a drop but i can't see him being started confidently with shanny running the show and mosert around. McKinnon was carrying the running game well and as soon as mosert comes back off injury he gets nothing? Plus the idea of coleman coming back? Gonna hold for sure but if things aren't looking good

5 hours ago, griffin727 said:

Tevin Coleman really just needs to go away. I hope the won't be intent on using him again.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't though. He doesn't have the big-play upside M&M have but aside from Wilson he's their toughest inside runner and certainly has more speed than Wilson.

Will be forced to start him again with injuries and byes. But what happened to the 49ers supporting 2 backs? I thought McKinnon would have at least some decent FLEX value even after Mostert returned....but I can't get around how he was pretty much useless. I hope they go back to the drawing board and get their offense rolling again.

• Like 4

He is a Mostert handcuff who will pop off for RB 3 value every here and there at random. Maybe more consistently if SF can find consistency as a team. 

Edited by Moveless

15 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Well....uhh.....that is cool I guess.

It’s comforting to know he’ll earn high grades on his 4 touches per game when Mostert is healthy. 🔥

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2020 at 3:17 PM, yanksman said:

I think it was more game script related

They had a lot of 3 and out drives in the first half. Then the 2nd half it was a ton of passing. Mostert only got 11 carries and 3 targets himself. Its not like either RB was a bellcow. Id sit tight. I still think JET makes a great handcuff and does still offer standalone value.

This. It was one game, people are so reactionary. The whole SF offense was terrible last week. 

I'm expecting closer to his role from Weeks 1 & 2 going forward, assuming the SF offense as a whole figures out what went wrong last week. 

The offense is going to roll with Jimmy G once healthy. 

Expecting a big turnaround with SF after mid-season.

56 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

1 carry for 0 yards.  PFF score of 89.8...

giphy.gif

Yeah I got burned big time by this situation last week. It made absolutely no sense whatsoever to completely change up his usage like that. He had been used in a similar fashion (when available) every single game before that. Mostert back fresh off an MCL  - THAT is the time they choose to make him the "bellcow".

Unbelievable - and to me the fantasy takeaway is BENCH IAAP until we see whether Week 5 was a fluke or the new normal. He was a seemingly guaranteed-at-least RB3 if active before then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

The offense is going to roll with Jimmy G once healthy. 

Expecting a big turnaround with SF after mid-season.

Or Jimmy G is trash and they should put in CJ Bethard.

On 10/16/2020 at 8:06 PM, pdog109 said:

Or Jimmy G is trash and they should put in CJ Bethard.

Beathard and "Circle Jerk" together?  

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I think that this will be a week Jerrick gets more work in.

Was there any real explanation as to what happened last week?  I'm checking the game logs and they still had Mostert out there 8 mins left in the 4th, down 23 points, getting carries. Did he miss a blocking assignment?  A fumble that didn't make it to the boxscore?

Wilson got more work.  Has not been the leadback even with it just being him and McKinnon.

The game before that vs Philly it was McKinnon down to the wire trying to save the day. 

Not sure how you drop that far week-to-week when it seems on the surface he did nothing wrong.  I've looked at some beat reporters twitters feeds and don't really see any mentioning of the situation.

giphy.gif

C'mon, Shanny, let him get back involved and you guys reap the rewards.  Hopefully gets way more run than last game!