Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well, not so much "scared" as he is predisposed to major complications due to his sickle cell anemia ... just like how Ryan Clark could never travel to Denver.  so, yeah ... "scared" is a bad cho

Jerrick McKinnon has to go load to load when the defense loads up on him he's gotta load up on them and also load up on the metlife turf while he has to bring a bigger load.  

Faulty load?  Nonsense.

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Looks like Kyle will be giving Jerick another big load this weekend. 

Says who? Looks like Jerick is being UNLOADED on by Hasty and possibly Wilson. If Hasty and Jet are the guys going in, I am willing to bet Hasty gets the call. I hope I am wrong since I have McKinnon.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Perhaps they didn’t want their only two active RB that are actually any good getting hurt. Wasn’t Wilson a healthy scratch?

This was a must win game. Hasty was in because he was giving the team the best chance to win. Shannan is going to go with whomever is running the best. Raheem is the only RB you can depend on in this backfield right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Didn't McKinnon play well when given the full load, I don't get it. Give this man his due load.

 

He played VERY WELL and was plenty reliable in PPR as a RB2/Flex! Hasty usage really did come out of nowhere...possible Jet was banged up too...McKinnon is the guy to own in this backfield if Mostert goes to the IR!

 

Just gonna leave this here too!

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Says who? Looks like Jerick is being UNLOADED on by Hasty and possibly Wilson. If Hasty and Jet are the guys going in, I am willing to bet Hasty gets the call. I hope I am wrong since I have McKinnon.

 

Except when Mostert was out, it was McKinnon's backfield. 

62% of the snaps in week 3.

92% of the snaps in week 4.

Those guys existed and were healthy those weeks.

That doesn't mean McKinnon has the job but people acting as if Wilson or Hasty were threats those weeks are delusional. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sternes said:

 

Except when Mostert was out, it was McKinnon's backfield. 

62% of the snaps in week 3.

92% of the snaps in week 4.

Those guys existed and were healthy those weeks.

That doesn't mean McKinnon has the job but people acting as if Wilson or Hasty were threats those weeks are delusional. 


cmon man it’s rotoworld forums people try to justify the FA RB they’re picking up!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RocketIndian49 said:

 

He played VERY WELL and was plenty reliable in PPR as a RB2/Flex! Hasty usage really did come out of nowhere...possible Jet was banged up too...McKinnon is the guy to own in this backfield if Mostert goes to the IR!

 

Just gonna leave this here too!

 

 

Hopefully Jimmy G back and not playing like poop will soften up the run defenses McKinnon has to face off. Difficult decision if you want to trust him in your line up this week, decisions decisions. I guess depending on your RB strength do you try to unload him to a weak RB team or slash Mostert owner? Hmmm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kco734 said:


cmon man it’s rotoworld forums people try to justify the FA RB they’re picking up!

I have McKinnon and played him those games. 

Hasty got the load once Mostert went out. How can we trust Jet after these past couple of weeks?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mrfrood said:

I have McKinnon and played him those games. 

Hasty got the load once Mostert went out. How can we trust Jet after these past couple of weeks?

You trust him because Mostert is out, and when Mostert has been out this year he's delivered

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

You trust him because Mostert is out, and when Mostert has been out this year he's delivered

Well then how come Hasty came in and rendered Jet unloadable and a blank shooter? 

Hasty wasn't in 3 weeks ago. Hasty looks a lot better than The God of Plod Jeff Wilson. If Jet was getting a majority of snaps after Mostert went down, I would have confidence. But after watching Jet not get much run past 2 weeks, it has been difficult to trust him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Hasty had 9 carries for 37 yards. 1 target. I agree that McKinnon's usage lately has me wondering but 9 for 37 isn't convincing me of anything yet.

I don't know what will happen. But I think you need to consider when those carriers were and also how McKinnon looked when he was in the game. Not sure if you watched it: Heavy dose of Raheem / injured, In comes Jerick / looked slow and tiered, game on the line need to run out the clock and in comes Hasty to take the most important carriers of the game. 

My gut tells me Jerick gets the lead role but Wilson and Hasty will all have opportunities. Whomever is running the best will get the bulk of the game carries. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I don't know what will happen. But I think you need to consider when those carriers were and also how McKinnon looked when he was in the game. Not sure if you watched it: Heavy dose of Raheem / injured, In comes Jerick / looked slow and tiered, game on the line need to run out the clock and in comes Hasty to take the most important carriers of the game. 

My gut tells me Jerick gets the lead role but Wilson and Hasty will all have opportunities. Whomever is running the best will get the bulk of the game carries. 

 

I'll admit I didn't watch the game. I'm just simply stating that 9 carries is not enough to get a sense of how good a player is or how he'll be used. But I do think he's worth considering as a pick up becuase McKinnon's usage and performance has been spotty. But I doubt Hasty would be a 3 down back with McKinnon there and being an undrafted rookie. If Hasty is only getting carries I'm not very interested.

Edited by sportsfreak2744
clarification
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

Everyone remember the Wilson fake out the first week after Mostert went down the first time, when McKinnon got all the looks after it looked like a timeshare?  My bet is still on McKinnon this week.

Yeah but that game was out of hand and McKinnon got banged up that week with that rib injury. Hasty is much better than Wilson. I was not worried about Wilson at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...