Rotoworld.com Forums

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

I'm not sure why there isn't more talk about McKinnon.

Niners are obviously hurting for skill players, specifically pass catchers.

Coleman only played 6 snaps before getting hurt.

McKinnon led the backfield with 35 snaps to Hasty's 29.  4 targets for McKinnon, 1 for Hasty.  2 red zone opportunities for McKinnon, 4 for Hasty.

I don't feel that Hasty looked particularly great, and I think the 12 rushes for 29 yards would support that.

Even if Hasty gets first crack at running the ball, isn't McKinnon going to be involved?  I could see them putting him out wide and in the slot a lot as well too.  In PPR formats, isn't this guy a good play tonight?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well, not so much "scared" as he is predisposed to major complications due to his sickle cell anemia ... just like how Ryan Clark could never travel to Denver.  so, yeah ... "scared" is a bad cho

Jerrick McKinnon has to go load to load when the defense loads up on him he's gotta load up on them and also load up on the metlife turf while he has to bring a bigger load.  

Faulty load?  Nonsense.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

The problem is we don't know.  Remember tired legs.  He has burned us twice this year.  Who's to say they just don't try to run the ball with Hasty like they did with Wilson.  

Well he just came off a game in which he received a 50% snap share, and in this game they figure to be passing even more.

10 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

The problem is we don't know.  Remember tired legs.  He has burned us twice this year.  Who's to say they just don't try to run the ball with Hasty like they did with Wilson.  

I'm assuming you didn't watch the game?  He played 35 snaps.  If his legs were that tired, he would have been sitting on the bench.  Hasty ran the ball 12 times.  For 29 yards.  That's putrid.

4 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

Well he just came off a game in which he received a 50% snap share, and in this game they figure to be passing even more.

Exactly.  I don't even care if McKinnon doesn't run the ball.  Give me 5-6 dump offs with a chance for a TD.  Give me a bunch of pass routes run because they have nobody in their receiver room except practice squad players.  

1 minute ago, CooL said:

I'm assuming you didn't watch the game?  He played 35 snaps.  If his legs were that tired, he would have been sitting on the bench.  Hasty ran the ball 12 times.  For 29 yards.  That's putrid.

Then what do you call McKinnon's 3 carries for -1 yards two games in a row?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Then what do you call McKinnon's 3 carries for -1 yards two games in a row?

Again, I don't need him to be a ball carrier.  I want him to be a pass catcher.

In game 2 when Mullens played, 9 of his 36 throws went to RBs.  McKinnon had 4 targets, catching 3 for 39. 

Bourne and Aiyuk have been getting the majority of targets with Deebo out.  They're not playing tonight.  Traditional target hog Kittle is obviously out.  Who else is Mullens going to throw to?

• Like 1

Yahoo projects this guy for 13 PPR points.  I'm starting out of necessity.  And that they don't really have a lot of pass catchers.  Green Bay defense is #29 DVOA in the league.  They're giving up the most points to RBs in the league.  The defense is not good.  

49 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

So who is feeling brave enough to start this guy tonight? 

Not I .... 

8 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yahoo projects this guy for 13 PPR points.  I'm starting out of necessity.  And that they don't really have a lot of pass catchers.  Green Bay defense is #29 DVOA in the league.  They're giving up the most points to RBs in the league.  The defense is not good.  

Don’t look at projected points. Those means absolutely nothing. I remember two weeks ago against New England McKinnon was suppose too be the lead back and was projected for 14+ ... he scored minus 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Not I .... 

Don’t look at projected points. Those means absolutely nothing. I remember two weeks ago against New England McKinnon was suppose too be the lead back and was projected for 14+ ... he scored minus 

Obviously. I’ve played this fake game long enough to know you can’t trust projections. But it does help to reinforce the opinion that he’ll be involved. Miners don’t have much tonight and they’re literally bringing out the B squad. It could get ugly fast so I’m hoping for playing from behind and dump offs. 

9 hours ago, CooL said:

Exactly.  I don't even care if McKinnon doesn't run the ball.  Give me 5-6 dump offs with a chance for a TD.  Give me a bunch of pass routes run because they have nobody in their receiver room except practice squad players.  

Ugly how it happened, but the math checked out.  Hasty being ranked ahead of McKinnon (by a decent margin in some rankings) was as bad as it seemed.  Just such a gamble that the 49ers are going to be competitive enough to be able to run Hasty.  Game projection (points/spread) and reading into the game splits with share count is the only way to project 49er running backs at this point.  They are just way too garbage with Mullens under center.

Edited by ap0calypse

What a garbage time TD if there ever was one, but I happily skipped up to bed after that. Now I won’t have to stare at a crappy score until Sunday. 
This guy is one and done for me though. Can’t rely on him with Mullens under center.