paulwall29

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

If Coleman sits & McKinnon plays well, does this open the door for him to be #2? 

I think so!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

His floor is 500 yards rushing + 500 yards receiving. 

thats called a ceiling

• Like 1

Just added him.  Any chance he shows up and starts ahead of Mostert and some point? Don’t forget he was paid to be the guy a few years ago...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Just added him.  Any chance he shows up and starts ahead of Mostert and some point? Don’t forget he was paid to be the guy a few years ago...

For sure. There’s always a chance any RB shines in this offense

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

thats called a ceiling

I see it as his floor with him in the Breida role. 

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

I see it as his floor with him in the Breida role. 

Breida only reached those type of numbers cause Mostert didnt take over til late

17 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Breida only reached those type of numbers cause Mostert didnt take over til late

Breida fell out of favour because of an ankle injury followed by fumbling issues. Shanahan loves McKinnon. 

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

Breida fell out of favour because of an ankle injury followed by fumbling issues. Shanahan loves McKinnon. 

maybe but hes also been out of football for 2 years now

4 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

maybe but hes also been out of football for 2 years now

Exactly. His body is fresh and he's 100% healthy.  

no complaints for the first game of the season. looked pretty good except for the one drop he had on third down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

no complaints for the first game of the season. looked pretty good except for the one drop he had on third down.

For his first game in 2 years I thought he looked great. I'm sure there easing him back in. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

For his first game in 2 years I thought he looked great. I'm sure there easing him back in. 

*they're

• Haha 3

If anything happened to Mustard, I'd put money on Jerick being the lead guy over Coleman. That's Shanny's guy, handpicked. The injury just messed up his plan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

If anything happened to Mustard, I'd put money on Jerick being the lead guy over Coleman. That's Shanny's guy, handpicked. The injury just messed up his plan.

He had Coleman in ATL and then signed him to a FA deal. How is he not ALSO Shanny's handpicked guy?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yanksman said:

He had Coleman in ATL and then signed him to a FA deal. How is he not ALSO Shanny's handpicked guy?

He went after McKinnon first. McKinnon is the back that fits his system perfectly. Coleman is not a lead back. He's only been forced into that position before due to injuries. It happened in Atlanta and SF.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He went after McKinnon first. McKinnon is the back that fits his system perfectly. Coleman is not a lead back. He's only been forced into that position before due to injuries. It happened in Atlanta and SF.

He went after McKinnon first because he was a FA first. Look, I think theres something here an am stashing him. Plus I'm a 49ers fan. I don't think Kyle cares. I dont think he has a guy. He will rotate all 3 according to the gameplan and hot hand.

• Like 2

Almost dropped him thankfully I didn’t since I just lost Saquon for the year.  What do we have here fellas? Assuming Mostert will be back in a few weeks?

1 minute ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Almost dropped him thankfully I didn’t since I just lost Saquon for the year.  What do we have here fellas? Assuming Mostert will be back in a few weeks?

If Mostert is hurt (still TBD) and Jerick can stay healthy, we've got a #2 rb for the next month-ish. Whether you trade that value or use it yourself depends on your team.