paulwall29

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I dropped him to pick up Campbell yesterday

I wanna cry

I dropped him for Campbell too thinking Hines and Malcom brown were the ones to keep.. lmao that’s fantasy for ya I guess..

Huge ceiling here and yes he's worth the #1 WW priority if you don't already have him. 

He had 3 rushing attempts in a blowout and Coleman is not hurt

Let's relax here

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Let's relax here

Ah, didn't realize Coleman came back in. That certainly puts a damper on the upside even if Mostert is hurt.

6 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Let's relax here

Bosa done for year, Sherman on IR, Ford out, Jimmy g hurt, kittle banged up but should be back this week

tou really think they going to feed no big play Coleman the rock..... they will give the jet more touches as they should.  

would be surprised if he’s not the number 1 waiver claim this week as gallman is a close 2nd

Edited by Brye

I understand the whole "pump the brakes" sentiment. But this guy is a good pass catcher and a freak athlete and if he ends up in some sort of 50/50 or better split on running downs and gets the passing work his upside is HUGE in this RB-oriented offense.  

Maybe that won't materialize, but if you pass on him, you won't get another shot at it.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

I understand the whole "pump the brakes" sentiment. But this guy is a good pass catcher and a freak athlete and if he ends up in some sort of 50/50 or better split on running downs and gets the passing work his upside is HUGE in this RB-oriented offense.  

Maybe that won't materialize, but if you pass on him, you won't get another shot at it.  

Yep exactly they don’t call him the “JET” for nothing, this dude reminds me of Darren Sprole in his prime.  Very useful if he gets the touches he could be a monster for 4-5 weeks

• Like 1

The way Coleman looked, I’d accuse Shanny of tanking if Coleman out touches Jet next week. 

Edited by Gandalfthecat
  • Like 1

Just now, Gandalfthecat said:

The way Coleman looked, I’d accuse Shanny of tanking if Coleman our touches Jet next week. 

Yeah Coleman is slow, and can’t catch so I see him just being a bruiser but make no mistake, JET is going to have a lot of play designed for him 

With McKinnon—15 touches is all you need

for insane upside. If he gets 10 carries and 5 catches, I promise that’s 100 yards and a Score. With that line, it’s just too easy. #1 add 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

With McKinnon—15 touches is all you need

for insane upside. If he gets 10 carries and 5 catches, I promise that’s 100 yards and a Score. With that line, it’s just too easy. #1 add 

McKinnon has 9 touches through  2 full games. 

1 hour ago, mjb said:

McKinnon has 9 touches through  2 full games. 

Touched the ball 9 times, 121 yards and 2TD

I would not be surprised if he gets more touches  

2 hours ago, tristan0823 said:

Touched the ball 9 times, 121 yards and 2TD

I would not be surprised if he gets more touches  

b9b7c44803b3edb764d1b56e94961e2e.jpg.9f487f99dc86921d0837ab04cb664340.jpg

If Mostert is out a couple weeks, you guys are adding McKinnon over Coleman ?

Coleman hasn't looked exciting this season but his past numbers to time played ratio haven't been too bad. SF who likes to pound the ball a lot seems they would be leaning a bit more on Coleman, although looks like McKinnon has more big play potential and possibly better hands. Though choice if you're going for one or the other.

6 minutes ago, tonywow said:

If Mostert is out a couple weeks, you guys are adding McKinnon over Coleman ?

Coleman hasn't looked exciting this season but his past numbers to time played ratio haven't been too bad. SF who likes to pound the ball a lot seems they would be leaning a bit more on Coleman, although looks like McKinnon has more big play potential and possibly better hands. Though choice if you're going for one or the other.

Coleman isn’t good. I’d rather have McKinnon. McKinnon hasn’t gotten a ton of volume because (1) he hasn’t played in 2 years and (2) there was no preseason so SF is slowly bringing up his workload. They don’t want to take any chances as you can see by the abnormally high amount of injuries we’ve seen in 2 weeks.
I think McKinnon is a long term play not a 1-2 week placeholder and should be rostered regardless if Mostert misses time. 

• Like 3

He converted a 3rd and 31 for a 1st down. Even if Mostert was healthy Jet would be getting more looks in the week to come. His touches thus far have 100% been easing him into live-action because he's missed two years. Every single time he gets a touch he's produced with it and they'll ramp up his opportunities. Now paired with the lead back going down for what may be multiple weeks and you'd be blind not to see the upside. He's a 15 touch RB in an elite run offense RoS. My only real concern is how well the offense moves w/o Jimmy G now. 

• Like 1

I don't think Mostert is going to be out that long.  Not sure how much JET is worth, but wouldn't burn a #1 for him.

• Like 1

This dude has been overrated his entire career by the RW forums. We're talking about a guy who took a backseat to Matt Asiata. He's the original RoJo. He was the guy who couldn't even surpass Matt Asiata, the God of Plod, long before Barber was the new plodfather. 

He never had vision and was always just a cheap pass catching back with nothing special. 

If you're desperate - go for it. Otherwise stay away. 

• Thanks 1

This guy is now an RB1.

Cue the "Calling Devonta Freeman" posts like he's some Barry Sanders sitting on the couch and choosing when to grace the NFL with his presence...

• Haha 2