paulwall29

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I dropped him to pick up Campbell yesterday

I wanna cry

I dropped him for Campbell too thinking Hines and Malcom brown were the ones to keep.. lmao that’s fantasy for ya I guess..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge ceiling here and yes he's worth the #1 WW priority if you don't already have him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had 3 rushing attempts in a blowout and Coleman is not hurt

Let's relax here

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

He had 3 rushing attempts in a blowout and Coleman is not hurt

Let's relax here

 

Ah, didn't realize Coleman came back in. That certainly puts a damper on the upside even if Mostert is hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yanksman said:

He had 3 rushing attempts in a blowout and Coleman is not hurt

Let's relax here

 

Bosa done for year, Sherman on IR, Ford out, Jimmy g hurt, kittle banged up but should be back this week

 

tou really think they going to feed no big play Coleman the rock..... they will give the jet more touches as they should.  
 

would be surprised if he’s not the number 1 waiver claim this week as gallman is a close 2nd

Edited by Brye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the whole "pump the brakes" sentiment. But this guy is a good pass catcher and a freak athlete and if he ends up in some sort of 50/50 or better split on running downs and gets the passing work his upside is HUGE in this RB-oriented offense.  

Maybe that won't materialize, but if you pass on him, you won't get another shot at it.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

I understand the whole "pump the brakes" sentiment. But this guy is a good pass catcher and a freak athlete and if he ends up in some sort of 50/50 or better split on running downs and gets the passing work his upside is HUGE in this RB-oriented offense.  

Maybe that won't materialize, but if you pass on him, you won't get another shot at it.  

Yep exactly they don’t call him the “JET” for nothing, this dude reminds me of Darren Sprole in his prime.  Very useful if he gets the touches he could be a monster for 4-5 weeks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way Coleman looked, I’d accuse Shanny of tanking if Coleman out touches Jet next week. 

Edited by Gandalfthecat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gandalfthecat said:

The way Coleman looked, I’d accuse Shanny of tanking if Coleman our touches Jet next week. 

Yeah Coleman is slow, and can’t catch so I see him just being a bruiser but make no mistake, JET is going to have a lot of play designed for him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With McKinnon—15 touches is all you need

for insane upside. If he gets 10 carries and 5 catches, I promise that’s 100 yards and a Score. With that line, it’s just too easy. #1 add 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

With McKinnon—15 touches is all you need

for insane upside. If he gets 10 carries and 5 catches, I promise that’s 100 yards and a Score. With that line, it’s just too easy. #1 add 

McKinnon has 9 touches through  2 full games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjb said:

McKinnon has 9 touches through  2 full games. 

Touched the ball 9 times, 121 yards and 2TD

I would not be surprised if he gets more touches  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tristan0823 said:

Touched the ball 9 times, 121 yards and 2TD

I would not be surprised if he gets more touches  

b9b7c44803b3edb764d1b56e94961e2e.jpg.9f487f99dc86921d0837ab04cb664340.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Mostert is out a couple weeks, you guys are adding McKinnon over Coleman ?

Coleman hasn't looked exciting this season but his past numbers to time played ratio haven't been too bad. SF who likes to pound the ball a lot seems they would be leaning a bit more on Coleman, although looks like McKinnon has more big play potential and possibly better hands. Though choice if you're going for one or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tonywow said:

If Mostert is out a couple weeks, you guys are adding McKinnon over Coleman ?

Coleman hasn't looked exciting this season but his past numbers to time played ratio haven't been too bad. SF who likes to pound the ball a lot seems they would be leaning a bit more on Coleman, although looks like McKinnon has more big play potential and possibly better hands. Though choice if you're going for one or the other.

Coleman isn’t good. I’d rather have McKinnon. McKinnon hasn’t gotten a ton of volume because (1) he hasn’t played in 2 years and (2) there was no preseason so SF is slowly bringing up his workload. They don’t want to take any chances as you can see by the abnormally high amount of injuries we’ve seen in 2 weeks.
I think McKinnon is a long term play not a 1-2 week placeholder and should be rostered regardless if Mostert misses time. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He converted a 3rd and 31 for a 1st down. Even if Mostert was healthy Jet would be getting more looks in the week to come. His touches thus far have 100% been easing him into live-action because he's missed two years. Every single time he gets a touch he's produced with it and they'll ramp up his opportunities. Now paired with the lead back going down for what may be multiple weeks and you'd be blind not to see the upside. He's a 15 touch RB in an elite run offense RoS. My only real concern is how well the offense moves w/o Jimmy G now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Mostert is going to be out that long.  Not sure how much JET is worth, but wouldn't burn a #1 for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dude has been overrated his entire career by the RW forums. We're talking about a guy who took a backseat to Matt Asiata. He's the original RoJo. He was the guy who couldn't even surpass Matt Asiata, the God of Plod, long before Barber was the new plodfather. 

He never had vision and was always just a cheap pass catching back with nothing special. 

If you're desperate - go for it. Otherwise stay away. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is now an RB1.

Cue the "Calling Devonta Freeman" posts like he's some Barry Sanders sitting on the couch and choosing when to grace the NFL with his presence...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...