paulwall29

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

This dude has been overrated his entire career by the RW forums. We're talking about a guy who took a backseat to Matt Asiata. He's the original RoJo. He was the guy who couldn't even surpass Matt Asiata, the God of Plod, long before Barber was the new plodfather. 

He never had vision and was always just a cheap pass catching back with nothing special. 

If you're desperate - go for it. Otherwise stay away. 

Who cares if RW overates him.  The 49'ers had an easy out yet they chose to pay him.  

13 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

This dude has been overrated his entire career by the RW forums. We're talking about a guy who took a backseat to Matt Asiata. He's the original RoJo. He was the guy who couldn't even surpass Matt Asiata, the God of Plod, long before Barber was the new plodfather. 

He never had vision and was always just a cheap pass catching back with nothing special. 

LOL

25 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I could not disagree with you more fervently, sir! 

Have you not seen what he's done with limited touches already this season?

He's the Shannahan hand picked man. 

Now, I don't think Mostert is out all year. In fact, it could be a just a week or two. Or more. But I sure like his odds to blow up if he gets the backfield. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Mostert out 1 week

Yeah it doesn’t sound like he will be out long mike Davis is a better add over McKinnon 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I could not disagree with you more fervently, sir! 

Have you not seen what he's done with limited touches already this season?

He's the Shannahan hand picked man. 

Now, I don't think Mostert is out all year. In fact, it could be a just a week or two. Or more. But I sure like his odds to blow up if he gets the backfield. 

What has he done? He got a receiving touchdown first game, and he got yardage against a college tier defense names the Jets. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, affliction said:

Yeah it doesn’t sound like he will be out long mike Davis is a better add over McKinnon 

It now sounds like Coleman will be out multiple weeks, but yeah I agree that McKinnon isn't someone to go spending all your FAAB money on. If I was a team that lost Barkley or CMC, he's a great temporary fix because he will likely be really solid for the next 1-2 weeks until Mostert is back. But to me these 1-2 week rental guys aren't that appealing because there's a good chance other people in your league will be overspending to the point that it's not worth it.

33 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

The God of Plod. Forgot about that gem. 

Great handcuff that is paying off for us Mostert owners. With news of Coleman being out and his only competition to carries being Jeff Wilson if he gets 15 + touches vs the Giants we could see big time numbers. 

• Like 1

Guys, I understand the downside, but I'm telling you, the ceiling here is so high you need a telescope to find it.  Hop on.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Coleman is out too?!

Its-happening-gif.gif

Dropped Hines for Bryan Edwards before week 1, only to drop Edwards directly after his week 1 game to add Jet before his week 1 game started. I am a genius.

43 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

What has he done? He got a receiving touchdown first game, and he got yardage against a college tier defense names the Jets. 

Tackled on the one in week 1. Could’ve been 2 scores. 

Has anyone mentioned his SPARQ score or is that so 2017?

Edited by poofinger
  • Haha 7

Easily a Game winner for week 3, I have cooks and Jacobs so he’s my flex easy win next week for me 

5 minutes ago, poofinger said:

Has anyone mentioned his SPARQ score or is that so 2017?

Jerick "Christine "Perfect SPARQ Score" Michael" McKinnon

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The question is how does the backfield shakeout between Jerick and Wilson? Jerick has never come across as a guy who can handle the ball 15-20 times and run between the tackles. He's more of the Dion Lewis/James White type. Get him out in space and use him with limited touches. My guess is Wilson would see a lot of the goal line carries. But even with only 10-15 touches a game he can do some damage in the offense. Also got to keep in mind he may be running behind a backup QB which means more stacked boxes.

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

The question is how does the backfield shakeout between Jerick and Wilson? Jerick has never come across as a guy who can handle the ball 15-20 times and run between the tackles. He's more of the Dion Lewis/James White type. Get him out in space and use him with limited touches. My guess is Wilson would see a lot of the goal line carries. But even with only 10-15 touches a game he can do some damage in the offense. Also got to keep in mind he may be running behind a backup QB which means more stacked boxes.

Didn't they sign McKinnon two years ago to be the guy before they even picked up Mostert?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, affliction said:

Disagree. McKinnon will have a significant role all season. Once CMC returns, Davis disappears. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ponchsox said:

Didn't they sign McKinnon two years ago to be the guy before they even picked up Mostert?

That is correct. McKinnon was a 3rd round fantasy pick then. And his situation is looking the same and he's fully healthy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

It'll be a committee of sorts I think. Mckinnon if available is a priority add but I'd be surprised if he's thrown into much more than a 50-55% share but that's enough to be a very start able fantasy rb. Wilson will definitely be involved in my opinion 

McKinnon only needs 10-15 touches per week to be a valuable Flex/RB2. As long as he stays healthy, his owners have struck gold. 

Mcckinnon was going to see his role increase as the season went along reguardless of injury...... now he’s just going to kill it that both are out for the near future.  Mcckinnon is a league winner potentially 

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Sounds like you don't think he's very good....?