paulwall29

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Sounds like you don't think he's very good....?

Sounds like he's never watched him play. 

Just now, Tribe Called Questionable said:

Here’s a clip

Yikes they said that on air?  I guess the announcer doesn't know what circle jerk means. 

Tevin Coleman knee sprain, will be out multiple weeks. It's Jerick's show now

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I watched him play pre-two season ending injuries when he was on Minnesota, in his early 20's. I was always his biggest doubter back then - can probably even find the posts. Now he's older and still has never been featured as a RB, even with the God of Plod as his only competition. 

If he breaks out I'll eat crow. But I never saw it back in the day, and don't see how he could have it now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I watched him play pre-two season ending injuries when he was on Minnesota, in his early 20's. I was always his biggest doubter back then - can probably even find the posts. Now he's older and still has never been featured as a RB, even with the God of Plod as his only competition. 

If he breaks out I'll eat crow. But I never saw it back in the day, and don't see how he could have it now.

So I was right. You've never seen him play. 

He's looked dynamic on his limited touches.  In this offensive scheme I could see him beasting as long as he is given the opportunity.  But Mostert is no slouch.  He recorded the fastest speed of any player over the past five years in his opening play TD run (yes higher than Tyreek, Hardman, etc.).  He broke his own record from last season.  So if he comes back healthy after one week, I see him slotting back in as the primary ball carrier.  Maybe McKinnon gets some more run to try and keep Mostert healthy, but I don't see him getting the majority of touches without a Mostert injury.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, WEIL3R said:

He's looked dynamic on his limited touches.  In this offensive scheme I could see him beasting as long as he is given the opportunity.  But Mostert is no slouch.  He recorded the fastest speed of any player over the past five years in his opening play TD run (yes higher than Tyreek, Hardman, etc.).  He broke his own record from last season.  So if he comes back healthy after one week, I see him slotting back in as the primary ball carrier.  Maybe McKinnon gets some more run to try and keep Mostert healthy, but I don't see him getting the majority of touches without a Mostert injury.

Mmm I don't think anyone is saying Jet is going to overtake Mostert, so you're correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Mmm I don't think anyone is saying Jet is going to overtake Mostert, so you're correct.

Just from the last page of comments...

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Disagree. McKinnon will have a significant role all season. Once CMC returns, Davis disappears. 

1 hour ago, Brye said:

Mcckinnon was going to see his role increase as the season went along reguardless of injury...... now he’s just going to kill it that both are out for the near future.  Mcckinnon is a league winner potentially 

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

It'll be a committee of sorts I think. Mckinnon if available is a priority add but I'd be surprised if he's thrown into much more than a 50-55% share but that's enough to be a very start able fantasy rb. Wilson will definitely be involved in my opinion 

So I think there are plenty who think he is going to have a large role regardless of Mostert's health.  That's not to say I don't think McKinnon is a great add.  I think he has a big week in week 3 with the potential to continue to beast with a Mostert injury.  I would prefer Davis as an add only because of the rampant injuries you can never have enough RB's, especially one who should be starting for the next 4-6 weeks.  That's a huge chunk of the fantasy season.  Dynasty/Keeper I would prefer McKinnon if your focus is on next year.

My comment was also directed at the people saying McKinnon is washed up.  I don't see that.  He looked spry, agile, elusive and quick with his limited touches.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Exactly, most of us are Mostert owners I would imagine. I think that at best we get 8 -12 touches from McKinnon. 

Early downs will probably be a rotation of Wilson, Hasty, and McKinnon. On 3rd down i see McKinnon and Hasty rotating series. From what I have read Hasty is also a pretty good receiving running back but he does need to improve on his pass protection. 

Edited by kco734

53 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

49ers have been making any RB off the street look good in this offense.  Even if you think he sucks, I could easily see a 50 yard rushing, 25 yards receiving floor on the guy in fantasy.

(I was never very high on him myself btw. Most of the conversations turned into a SPARQ score circle jerk)

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

So I was right. You've never seen him play. 

Guess you're gonna go ahead and draw conclusions based on 2 games, where he's received what, 6 carries?

Take your blind fanboy-ism elsewhere. Grown ups are discussing a player.

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Guess you're gonna go ahead and draw conclusions based on 2 games, where he's received what, 6 carries?

Take your blind fanboy-ism elsewhere. Grown ups are discussing a player.

Then why are you here?  

I have both. I think Mustard is the man when healthy and will get his normal work regardless of what happens with McKinnon. I also have no problem starting McKinnon if Mustard misses time. Anybody with a working set of eyes knows the two best RBs for the Niners are Mostert and McKinnon, and in that order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree, I just hope they give McKinnon more work but I’m not that confident he will get a lot of touches this week 

7 minutes ago, kco734 said:

I agree, I just hope they give McKinnon more work but I’m not that confident he will get a lot of touches this week 

He only needs 10-15 touches to bring huge value. 

59 minutes ago, WEIL3R said:

So I think there are plenty who think he is going to have a large role regardless of Mostert's health.  That's not to say I don't think McKinnon is a great add.  I think he has a big week in week 3 with the potential to continue to beast with a Mostert injury.  I would prefer Davis as an add only because of the rampant injuries you can never have enough RB's, especially one who should be starting for the next 4-6 weeks.  That's a huge chunk of the fantasy season.  Dynasty/Keeper I would prefer McKinnon if your focus is on next year.

My comment was also directed at the people saying McKinnon is washed up.  I don't see that.  He looked spry, agile, elusive and quick with his limited touches.

My comment was meant in interim of mostert being out. Once he's healthy I expect him to be the main man in the SF backfield 

I too am concerned he will not get many more touches than he has, but all he needs is 10-15. Hopefully he can get 15 this week. Shanahan loves him and hopefully he unleashes him this week. 

2 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Sounds like you have an unhealthy man crush

10 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I too am concerned he will not get many more touches than he has, but all he needs is 10-15. Hopefully he can get 15 this week. Shanahan loves him and hopefully he unleashes him this week. 

Good play for the week wouldn’t touch when Mostert is back. Wilson will have a role and vulture 

Edited by affliction

1 hour ago, WEIL3R said:

He is going to have a large role regardless of Mostert's health. This is the niners one of the best running teams in the league, more than one guy can be valuable. Mostert and McKinnon can both eat plenty which is why he is such a great add.

Saying he's going to have a large role isn't the same as saying he's going to overtake Mostert (which in the 3 comments you quoted none of them actually said that)