paulwall29

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, BarbaricEric said:

McKinnon finna ball out guys. Strap it on.

Hope he busts a long TD in the 1st quarter before the Metlife Stadium turf monster gets him. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna give him a start, see what happens.  I figure he's gotta get plenty of receptions with the injuries, if nothing else.   I thought he looked great yesterday, speed is there for sure.   Also, they didn't keep him around at that cap number without plans to use him, injuries or no, so i'm sure Shanny has plays for him already in mind. 

In a 12 team league I dropped boston scott for him last week ( a non miles sanders owner and a mostert owner). Turned out to be the prudent move. 

Trying to figure out whether to go with McKinnon or Kelley this week. I am to gun shy about McKinnon's lack of touches but there are too much no brainer factors to play him (Shanahan picking him, rbs depleted, good matchup, camp MVP to some). 

33 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Trying to figure out whether to go with McKinnon or Kelley this week. I am to gun shy about McKinnon's lack of touches but there are too much no brainer factors to play him (Shanahan picking him, rbs depleted, good matchup, camp MVP to some). 

I was debating the same but for similar reasons I picked McKinnon 

53 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

I was debating the same but for similar reasons I picked McKinnon 

I’m leaning between McKinnon or Henderson. Looking for the better season-long play

Edited by GreatestShowonTurf

5 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Then why are you here?  

yeah this is a circle jerk only zone!

26 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Anyone cuffing with Hasty over Jeff Wilson? Seems like JaMycal would be better just based on name.

The key is to get Jamycal Hasty and Lamical Perine on the same team.  That's the "all adjective" backfield and can be very potent. 

• Like 1

What do us Jet owners think if it’s Mullens out there? Does he check down often. Haven’t really caught the games. 

Cautiously optimistic... I do think that Jeff Wilson is going to have a larger role than some are expecting. I’m not entirely sure Jet’s role expands too much even with the injuries in the backfield. Wilson handled all the rushes after Mostert and Coleman left the game.

3 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Cautiously optimistic... I do think that Jeff Wilson is going to have a larger role than some are expecting. I’m not entirely sure Jet’s role expands too much even with the injuries in the backfield. Wilson handled all the rushes after Mostert and Coleman left the game.

Or Shanahan didn’t want McKinnon tearing his ACL either...

5 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Or Shanahan didn’t want McKinnon tearing his ACL either...

With that logic then we should not expect his touches to increase this week. They play at MetLife again as well so which side of this are you planting your flag?

1 hour ago, kidsgotsoul said:

With that logic then we should not expect his touches to increase this week. They play at MetLife again as well so which side of this are you planting your flag?

I meant that more as an in game reaction of “we’ve already lost so many starters today, we’re not losing McKinnon.” 

as for this week he would presumably get the majority of the touches unless the 49ers really do believe the turf is responsible

8 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I meant that more as an in game reaction of “we’ve already lost so many starters today, we’re not losing McKinnon.” 

as for this week he would presumably get the majority of the touches unless the 49ers really do believe the turf is responsible

I have him in a few spots so I am hopeful he carves out a bigger role in the next week or two but I'm pessimistic about him becoming "the guy" during this time. I think Wilson is going to get a fair share of touches. It's hard to ignore the fact that he only got 3 touches even with the injuries to Mostert and Coleman.

That said, McKinnon has definitely shown that he does not need a ton of touches to be effective. It may end up being a moot point. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Dude is gonna win people some league this year............

Should I start him over gurley this week? 

Not sure if people remember last year, but Jeff Wilson came in and stole a lot of the goal line work.  He is gonna be a factor.  He might even get more work than McKinnon. 

Most likely will be a 50/50 timeshare. Especially with Mullens as QB. However their defense just took a massive hit so they might dial up more passing plays.

46 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Most likely will be a 50/50 timeshare. Especially with Mullens as QB. However their defense just took a massive hit so they might dial up more passing plays.

Hasty is gonna get his chance too so likely not 50/50 

I'm shocked at the amount of guys prioritizing Davis over McKinnon. McKinnon was an early fantasy round pick just two years ago, has looked explosive on just about every touch he has had so far this season, and plays for one of the best running teams in the league. Even if you believe in Davis' talent (I don't) he's still on a s---y offense and will go back to being 100% useless as soon as CMC returns. I'm just scratching my head at some of the things I've been seeing on these forums today

3 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I'm shocked at the amount of guys prioritizing Davis over McKinnon. McKinnon was an early fantasy round pick just two years ago, has looked explosive on just about every touch he has had so far this season, and plays for one of the best running teams in the league. Even if you believe in Davis' talent (I don't) he's still on a s---y offense and will go back to being 100% useless as soon as CMC returns. I'm just scratching my head at some of the things I've been seeing on these forums today

Agreed. Just goes to show that some people just aren't very bright and lack critical thinking skills. I love having these type of people in my fantasy league though ;)