paulwall29

Jerick McKinnon 2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I'm shocked at the amount of guys prioritizing Davis over McKinnon. McKinnon was an early fantasy round pick just two years ago, has looked explosive on just about every touch he has had so far this season, and plays for one of the best running teams in the league. Even if you believe in Davis' talent (I don't) he's still on a s---y offense and will go back to being 100% useless as soon as CMC returns. I'm just scratching my head at some of the things I've been seeing on these forums today

McKinnon will never get a full workload and Mostert's injury isn't too serious

Id take Davis over JET right now and I own JET.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I'm shocked at the amount of guys prioritizing Davis over McKinnon. McKinnon was an early fantasy round pick just two years ago, has looked explosive on just about every touch he has had so far this season, and plays for one of the best running teams in the league. Even if you believe in Davis' talent (I don't) he's still on a s---y offense and will go back to being 100% useless as soon as CMC returns. I'm just scratching my head at some of the things I've been seeing on these forums today

But getting to that point of CMC's return is still pretty helpful. If you're in a ppr league and have to get through the next month because you have little else I can understand preferring Davis. Having a guy who will get guaranteed touches is pretty valuable. McKinnon is the better talent with a higher ceiling but he's not going get the same number of guaranteed touches. If you're able to gamble on the upside and a season long difference maker, this guy is the clear option.

It's really this simple: if you need a locked in starter for the next 4-6 weeks prioritize Davis, if you are interested in someone that can provide great value this week and possibly next, as well as the potential to be a season long flex play, go after Jet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

It's really this simple: if you need a locked in starter for the next 4-6 weeks prioritize Davis, if you are interested in someone that can provide great value this week and possibly next, as well as the potential to be a season long flex play, go after Jet.

Exactly. Jet could score any week even with Morstert healthy. 

54 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

McKinnon over Davis

Next month Davis > McKinnon highly likely.  Davis won't have value when CMC returns, again highly likely...  McKinnon "should" have value until week 17, barring injury.

Well, I was going to start him as my flex due to losing CMC, but just saw this.

"The San Francisco Chronicle believes Jeff Wilson “could see the most action” in Week 3 against the Giants."

Anyone still rolling with him? Wilson is still available in my league.

12 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

"The San Francisco Chronicle believes Jeff Wilson “could see the most action” in Week 3 against the Giants."

Not scared of all, he won't get 20+ carries, but he doesn't need them. If you have him and don't play him this week, not sure why you even have him. 

Edited by noles1983
  • Like 2

He’s going to get his,but so will Wilson. I don’t think McKinnon is built as a bell cow , not do I think it would be wise

12 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Not scared of all, he won't get 20+ carries, but he doesn't need them. If you have him and don't play him this week, not sure why you even have him. 

Yeah...the Davis news tempers my expectations.  But McKinnon was startable anyway as the 3rd down back for a Shanny offense. 

The floor imo is 5 receptions a game for whatever yardage that yields.   Some carries.    And pretty decent potential for a TD.

14 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

He reminds me of Sproles when he played for the Saints. Great flex play that will produce with limited touches. 

The San Francisco Chronicle believes Jeff Wilson “could see the most action” in Week 3 against the Giants.

With Raheem Mostert and Tevin Coleman sidelined, Wilson and Jerick McKinnon are next up for carries. The 49ers could also promote RB JaMycal Hasty from the practice squad. Wilson played just five snaps the first two weeks but may be the favorite for early down and red-zone work over McKinnon. In a matchup with a struggling Giants run defense, Wilson is a Week 3 streaming option.

RELATED: 
Sep 23, 2020, 12:21 PM ET

On 9/21/2020 at 4:21 PM, affliction said:

Yeah it doesn’t sound like he will be out long mike Davis is a better add over McKinnon 

This is actually insanity.

Seriously considering starting him over Mixon this week. I think he's got a great chance of getting another long TD run in the 9ers run scheme.

9 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Seriously considering starting him over Mixon this week. I think he's got a great chance of getting another long TD run in the 9ers run scheme.

That's very bold and very nuts.   Don't overthink it.   McKinnon may very well outscore Mixon but you can't predict that.   Take the guy who's the guaranteed #1 RB on the team.

Edit : in this case anyway.   I'd start McKinnon over whoever starts for the Giants, Jets, Dolphins, etc.

Edited by K197040

39 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

The San Francisco Chronicle believes Jeff Wilson “could see the most action” in Week 3 against the Giants.

With Raheem Mostert and Tevin Coleman sidelined, Wilson and Jerick McKinnon are next up for carries. The 49ers could also promote RB JaMycal Hasty from the practice squad. Wilson played just five snaps the first two weeks but may be the favorite for early down and red-zone work over McKinnon. In a matchup with a struggling Giants run defense, Wilson is a Week 3 streaming option.

RELATED: 
Sep 23, 2020, 12:21 PM ET

"The San Francisco Chronicle believes" how is that a legitimate source for a blurb. Not a single quote from anyone related to the team or really anything to base that claim on. This is an excellent example of why rotoworld blurbs can't be trusted.

If anyone is actually considering benching Jet because the SF chronicle believes the 4th string RB could see more action then I have a beautiful bridge to sell ya

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

Shanny says McKinnon can handle his full load this weekend! 

Not sure I want to hear about their romantic, private life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Gandalfthecat said:

Not sure I want to hear about their romantic, private life. 

QKUDBuMi_x96.jpg

Kyle Shanahan says RB Tevin Coleman could miss four games with a knee sprain. He’s a candidate for injured reserve. Shanahan indicates Jerick McKinnon won’t be on a pitch count, saying the doctors think he can carry a starter's workload. #49ers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

I play PPR so I'm not worried about his uptick in production. I could imagine how standard player might be though.