Recommended Posts

Hi all, that time of year again!!! Okay, this is a, 12 team league, pretty standard except 1 point for every 5 receiving yards, everything else is  pretty much the same from what I remember lol...here is who I'm thinking of keeping...

Derrick Henry, RB, Ten. (no brainer)

D. Montgomery, RB, Chi.

C. Sutton, WR, Den.

DK Metcalf, WR, Sea.

D. Waller, TE, LV (Umm LV?!!? Raiders lol)

D. Samuel, WR, SF

 

I also have:

Landry, WR, Cle

Brees, QB, NO

Cooks & Fuller, WR, Hou.

 

I know that Samuel is injured and may miss a couple games, but I like the way they use him. We only keep 6. Can you convince me to keep Landry, Brees, Cooks/Fuller over any of the guys I have? There are no contracts and we can keep as long as we want...thanks all and leave a link, I'll help you how I can!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm leaning towards agreeing with you on your keepers.  MAYBE I'd throw Landry in there over Waller..

But not Brees at all -- his career is almost over...

Cooks and Fuller have their injury histories...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Chuck3222 said:

1 point for every 5 receiving yards,

Wow!! And no PPR, and 1 point per 10 rushing yards?

That's going to make your WRs much more valuable than RBs. How many WRs do you play (including flex)? This is certainly not going to be a standard advice, so I think I need more details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Wow!! And no PPR, and 1 point per 10 rushing yards?

That's going to make your WRs much more valuable than RBs. How many WRs do you play (including flex)? This is certainly not going to be a standard advice, so I think I need more details.

Sorry, you're right, this is a funky league...yes 1 point for 5 receiving yards, 1 point for 10 rushing yards, 1 point per reception, 1 point per rushing attempt. Also, pretty standard starters, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex. I think those are the main things...thanks again!

Edited by Chuck3222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henry, Sutton, DK, Waller, Landry, Deebo 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Chuck3222 said:

Sorry, you're right, this is a funky league...yes 1 point for 5 receiving yards, 1 point for 10 rushing yards, 1 point per reception, 1 point per rushing attempt. Also, pretty standard starters, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex. I think those are the main things...thanks again!

OK, that makes your RBs super valuable, so definitely you should focus on those; any WRs used for reverses and end-arounds might also get a slight nudge, but you seem to have none of those. (Actually with those settings I'm also interested in what QBs do, but ok :))

11 hours ago, Chuck3222 said:

Derrick Henry, RB, Ten. (no brainer)

D. Montgomery, RB, Chi.

C. Sutton, WR, Den.

DK Metcalf, WR, Sea.

D. Waller, TE, LV (Umm LV?!!? Raiders lol)

D. Samuel, WR, SF

 

I also have:

Landry, WR, Cle

Brees, QB, NO

Cooks &

Fuller, WR, Hou.

 

So with 2 RBs kept, I would keep Sutton, Metcalf and Landry; and then Waller most likely. I think I'd prefer Landry over Samuel but I can totally understand your choice. Cooks and Fuller I have lower.

Edit: Brees is most likely also a no. Get a rushing QB, guys like LJax and Allen should be insane value.

Edited by Boudewijn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all, I just about have it...Landry is still on the bubble for me though...

 

Landry over either Waller, Montgomery or Samuel?  Those were the players some of you mentioned putting Landry above...

 

Do any of you have Landry ahead of any of these guys?  If so who is the odd man out?  Thanks all!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chuck3222 said:

Landry over either Waller, Montgomery or Samuel?  Those were the players some of you mentioned putting Landry above...

Montgomery I think you need to keep as RB, and Waller is just great value. But let me explain why I have Landry comfortably over Deebo.

You play essentially a PPR format. Landry isn't just a more or less guaranteed 1000 yds, but also 80 rec (as absolute floor). Deebo can also get that 1000 yds (as a deep threat), but he's never going to get 80 rec. Landry simply is more valuable in your format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Henry, Sutton, DK, Waller, Landry, Deebo 

 

I agree with this

I am a non believer in Montgomery and the Chicago offensive system as a whole. You also know that Cohen will be involved quite a bit and Nagy has trouble calling plays that actually involve running the football. Plus when he did run the ball looked very pedestrian at times.

 

Obviously when you do your draft rb would be an early focus and would concentrate there. I guess if there is no better options Montgomery might present again during draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Black_Panther said:

I agree with this

I am a non believer in Montgomery and the Chicago offensive system as a whole. You also know that Cohen will be involved quite a bit and Nagy has trouble calling plays that actually involve running the football. Plus when he did run the ball looked very pedestrian at times.

 

Obviously when you do your draft rb would be an early focus and would concentrate there. I guess if there is no better options Montgomery might present again during draft

Man, I've given this a lot of thought too...I just know how cutthroat this league is when it comes to RB's...I would be more than set with WR's though...chances are it would be mainly rookies available to me...I will have the 5th pick...any other believers in letting Montgomery go? I agree that he was trash last year...between his coach and when he finally got the chances he didn't maximize...but any other takers?  Thanks to all so far for responses!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any others that think Montgomery should not be kept?  I would definitely focus on RB if I were to not keep Montgomery.  Patience with him or move on? Backs are at a premium in this league which is why this is so challenging...Thanks and leave a link!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Chuck3222 said:

Any others that think Montgomery should not be kept?  I would definitely focus on RB if I were to not keep Montgomery.  Patience with him or move on? Backs are at a premium in this league which is why this is so challenging...Thanks and leave a link!!!

 

I don't like Montgomery long term. I think he's eventually replaced as early as next offseason. I definitely don't think he lasts more than 2 more years in Chicago. He's not that talented. I would ditch Montgomery, keep Fuller instead (too much upside as Watson's potential future #1), and go RB heavy in the draft. Thanks for the help on mine!

Edited by CamNewton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CamNewton said:

 

I don't like Montgomery long term. I think he's eventually replaced as early as next offseason. I definitely don't think he lasts more than 2 more years in Chicago. He's not that talented. I would ditch Montgomery, keep Fuller instead (too much upside as Watson's potential future #1), and go RB heavy in the draft. Thanks for the help on mine!

I don't know about Fuller...if the guy could keep healthy for sure, but man...that's the big thing! Of course he was on my bench the one game he EXPLODED last year also, which is probably playing into my frustration with him but...lol!!!

 

Anybody else? Keep Montgomery or get rid of?  Thanks again all!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Black_Panther said:

Think your decision has been made easier in light of recent news

True dat huh?!!? Wonder how bad the hammy is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Chuck3222 said:

True dat huh?!!? Wonder how bad the hammy is...

Umm I mean groin lol...yep that makes it easy...okay I'll focus on RB now in draft!!! 

D. Henry, DK, Sutton, Waller, Landry, Deebo...I don't mind waiting on Deebo at all...but RB will be the major focus! Thanks all.

Edited by Chuck3222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.