gbill2004

Benny Snell 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

Connor is not hurt

So they’re just benching him already cause he sucks?? What one is it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

Connor is not hurt

Conner's feelings are hurt by Tomlin.

• Haha 1

The Snell fumble did not help. Will be interesting if Tomlin let's him back in the game. 

wont be next week exactly, but this guy has the looks of a league winner in 2020. conner doesnt got it.

• Like 1

People need to be careful. Samuels also had a 100 yard rushing game and then fell flat the rest of the way. It's hard to predict Steelers RBs. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, atdharris said:

People need to be careful. Samuels also had a 100 yard rushing game and then fell flat the rest of the way. It's hard to predict Steelers RBs. 

Samuels is a trash can lmao. Snell has pedigree. This system produces stud RB’s. 

5 minutes ago, atdharris said:

no its not

Whoever is the starter (when Big Ben is healthy) is a beast.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Samuels is a trash can lmao. Snell has pedigree. This system produces stud RB’s. 

In a standard league, Snell will be fine. PPR, not so much. He isn't a pass catcher like Conner/Bell in the past. 

Not sure I buy into Conner truly being hurt, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out moving forward. 

Regardless, I think Snell could be VERY valuable as long as he can hang on to the football!

8 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Always a place in my heart for Jaylen Samuels, the tight end that never was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Not sure I buy into Conner truly being hurt, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out moving forward. 

Regardless, I think Snell could be VERY valuable as long as he can hang on to the football!

If he isn’t actually hurt then It’s a wrap. 

Don't think Connor is just gonna go away, though, and Anthony McFarland will be back soon.

There are a lot of "yeah but" reasons to temper one's enthusiasm, but the ceiling here is high.  Keep in mind that Conner is essentially JAG (maybe slightly JAG-plus, or at least he was a couple years ago) and became a league winner immediately when he got the job a couple years back.  Snell isn't as good a pass catcher so maybe his ceiling isn't that high but if he gets the job (let us assume Conner is hurt for three weeks) he's an RB1 until further notice.  Plus, with an opportunity, who is to say he doesn't become fantasy relevant even if Conner gets back on the field?

If I were in any leagues where he's not owned, I'd have no hesitation to use the top WW priority on him.

• Like 1

Just now, KennyWoo said:

There are a lot of "yeah but" reasons to temper one's enthusiasm, but the ceiling here is high.  Keep in mind that Conner is essentially JAG (maybe slightly JAG-plus, or at least he was a couple years ago) and became a league winner immediately when he got the job a couple years back.  Snell isn't as good a pass catcher so maybe his ceiling isn't that high but if he gets the job (let us assume Conner is hurt for three weeks) he's an RB1 until further notice.  Plus, with an opportunity, who is to say he doesn't become fantasy relevant even if Conner gets back on the field?

If I were in any leagues where he's not owned, I'd have no hesitation to use the top WW priority on him.

I've seen people say that Snell isn't as good a pass catcher but I feel like Conner was never a good pass catcher either. I've seen him make many bad drops. Also, most of Conner's catches were on screens and dumpoffs so I'm not sure why Snell can't get those lay ups too. I don't imagine they'll be asking Snell to run a ton of routes though but i could be wrong.

• Like 1

Well, Tomlin today flatly said "Snell displayed against the Giants that he is capable of being the bell cow if James Conner can't go Sunday."

This is obv what they have always said and actually done, but crystal clear confirmation nonetheless...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Well, Tomlin today flatly said "Snell displayed against the Giants that he is capable of being the bell cow if James Conner can't go Sunday."

This is obv what they have always said and actually done, but crystal clear confirmation nonetheless...

As someone who took a late round flier on Mr. Snell, this just put a BIG ol' smile on my face.

Thanks for posting SS!

It’ll be the snell show if Conner can’t go, and honestly Conner needs to be on high alert for losing his job.