Half PPR. I think picks 1-5 are pretty easy with CM, SB, Zeke, AK, DH, but after Henry, I usually find myself deciding between Mixon or CEH. I can't bring myself to pick MT being a WR in R1. Is it usually between Mixon/CEH for you guys too? Who do you pick, what are your other considerations?

It's really about pick 6 being hard I think, because usually after 6 one of Mixon or CEH will be gone and it gets slightly easier to decide again.

Posted (edited)

You forgot to mention Dalvin Cook.  I've seen him ranked and I have him ranked as high as the #3 rb in half PPR.  I would strongly consider him at 6 and just try to make sure you cuff him with Alexander Mattison later on.  

Edited by sjm76

Calvin Cook or CEH

im leaning towards CEH should have more scoring opportunities better qb and offense

help

4 minutes ago, Chargers88 said:

Calvin Cook or CEH

im leaning towards CEH should have more scoring opportunities better qb and offense

help

Thank you. I just don't know if I trust Cook's injury history with such a high pick.

CEH in that offense it's not even close! Avoid Cook he's made of glass & never stays healthy. 

Cook easily, contract year and Kubiak is just a dam cheat code for rbs .  Dude was nose to nose with cmc before injury and with no Diggs he will be even more Involved in the passing game.  No way I’d take CEH over him unless you trying to lose your league.

CEH isn’t going to be a stud right out the gate and you never know what he will be honestly.  If you can wait till week 4 or 6 for him to start getting a full workload and targets then that’s up too you , but I’m not trying to be out of the playoffs come week 6 , cook and it’s not close .

P.S. remember the David Montgomery truthers last year, swore up and down he was an rb1 , then the 1st game of the NFL season on Thursday night happened and the thread had to be locked 🔒 from all the roasting ..... fun times lol, just saying Montgomery had a 4th-5th round adp last year, people still could pivot that but there’s no pivoting a 1st round bust, worst case with cook is he gets injured then Mattison who’s a beast becomes rb1

• Thanks 1

^CEH is not comparable to Montgomery (you're comparing the leagues best offense to one of the worst). Given cook's injury history and the bengal's o-line, i lean towards CEH or Drake (i know it seems high but the lead back in what i think will be a pretty dynamic offense = high ceiling).

At 6 you're probably going to be left with Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook and the rookie Edwards-Helaire if you want a rb and Michael Thomas if you want a wr.  I would personally take Henry if he's there in 0.5 PPR and Cook or Edwards-Helaire if it's PPR.  But if you take Cook, make sure to cuff him with Mattison later on.

I see the point of Cook, but his injury history concerns me...if Henry is still there I'd go with him, then CEH. I know it's weird to trust in a rookie but Andy Reid is kind of a cheat code for offense in general...help please!!!

1. I don't really like Henry's script dependence and it's hard to see him following up last year with another monster year, so I fade him. Cook is sooo talented but the injuries are maddening, so I fade him. I think some of this depends on who you've been getting on the way back in the 2nd? It'd probably be between CEH and Mixon for me, too. If you feel like you want to and can get a stable piece in the 2nd, I'd probably go CEH for the upside. If you're angling for more of a heavy hitter who is more volatile, I'd probably take the stability of Mixon. I'm at 9 and I've been trying to figure out if I'm taking CEH over Mixon if he's there, but I think I'm going to stick to my guns, but I'm in standard. It just feels like Mixon has a lot of signs pointing towards a breakout and he's incredibly talented.

NEED HELP ON KEEPER ASAP PLEASE!!!

In a 10 person PPR league I can only hold onto one player.  Would you hold onto Mile Sanders 4th round pick(30th overall), Drake 5th round pick (50th overall), DJ Chark 15th round pick (160th overall) or Dak 15th round pick (160th overall)??

Appreciate any and all insight asap!

1 hour ago, Bleedgreen215 said:

In a 10 person PPR league I can only hold onto one player.  Would you hold onto Mile Sanders 4th round pick(30th overall), Drake 5th round pick (50th overall), DJ Chark 15th round pick (160th overall) or Dak 15th round pick (160th overall)??

Cheese steaks for sure. He will have a monster year for a run first offense. 

1 hour ago, Bleedgreen215 said:

Start your own thread.

Yes, indeed, you cannot start one yet because you don't have 10 posts yet; so first make 4 helpful replies to other people, and then you can start your own. Pretty nifty, isn't it? Promotes people helping :)

• Like 2

CEH is more like a Barkley situation for mind than a Montgomery one. Also I grabbed Jacobs quite a bit last season in the 3rd and early 4th rounds and he turned out to be a gem for the most part.

That’s the conundrum with rookie rbs. They quite often have amazing rookie seasons but can also put in some stinkers too. Pick the right ones more often than not you are playing in the championship round, pick the wrong ones normally languishing towards the bottom. Worth the risk imo, especially for CEH given his talent and position playing for KC with Mahomes and Reid calling the shots.

5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Start your own thread.

Yes, indeed, you cannot start one yet because you don't have 10 posts yet; so first make 4 helpful replies to other people, and then you can start your own. Pretty nifty, isn't it? Promotes people helping :)

I actually find I answer a lot of my own questions by answering other people’s questions too.

5 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

I actually find I answer a lot of my own questions by answering other people’s questions too.

Exactly. I learn so much by looking at other people's questions - I answer for purely selfish reasons :)

Just now, illasakhil said:

If this is any sort of PPR half or full i would go with CEH or MT...

My choices at #6 would be Cook, CEH and Thomas in that order.  While I agree that Cook has issues staying healthy, I do not trust the passing game in Minnesota and I think they'll end up relying on their big RB a ton.  CEH is going to be huge if he becomes the main man as expected in KC.  He's good enough and teams are going to be so focused on stopping the Mahomes and his receivers that the running game should explode.  Thomas is always a huge threat.  While I would understand people wanting to grab a big-name RB at this point due to scarcity, I'm not sold on Henry having another year like last year or Mixon evolving in Cincinnati's puzzling offense.  Thomas should be is usual dependable self and would be a good pick at 6 to shore up a receiving corps.  

Help here?  

• Like 1